Experience the Altis Life
keyboard_arrow_right
ALTIS LIFE
GTA RP
DAYZ RP
TEAMSPEAK

We are currently undergoing maintenance

The forums are available for use, yet please do not expect full functionality.

Nub boy

Reducing the equipment and weapons

Question

Nub boy

Reducing the equipment and weapons

Brief Summary:

In the server is too easy to buy weapons and vest, because we have many shops where we can buy them like: rebel market and black market. And they are as well really cheap to buy. For example, a player finish to farm poseidon weed and he will have 1kk, so with that money he can easily buy 9 equipments and the player will not even have fear to lose his equipment. Because after he get arrested or his weapons are getting confiscated by a player he can go to the market and buy another one. The legal calibre should be 9mm, something higher than that shoud be illegal.The illegal shops should sell maximum 5.56mm and vest 1, to buy the highest calibre the gang Poseidons might do an event every 2 weeks or month that is like the black market where they sell to the players 5.56, 5.8 and 6.5mm weapons and high protection vests (level 3 and 4). The level 4 and 3 vest in the black market are really cheap and they should be just sold at the special event that Poseidons might do. This vest should be illegal so if a player will be around kavala where there is a lot of police he might think to deposit the vest in the car or backpack.

Detailed Suggestion:

-High calibre weapons should be limited and should cost more
-High protection vests should be limited and cost more

The Pros:

More roleplay, because a player might ask other players to get bigger weapons or vests, less gun fights, more realistic (because I don't see around my city people walking with guns in hand or vests)

The Cons:

A massive change for the server economy.
Players might try to get into some action with the police for the weapons

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

The economy, because if the weapons and vests will cost more or they will be harder to get the players will farm more and they migh need new friends tha have illegal equipments.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • PagChomp 1

20 answers to this question

Javier Orion

Rebel prices are currently half price and before that it was ridiculous, about A mil just for a MK1 loadout and increasing the price will just kill rebel even more as it's dead enough as it is. -1 from me

• Like 1

Wilco

Our prices are awaiting a rework, feedback was like what Javier mentioned

You may of course submit a price rework suggestion which people can look at and discuss if it is of course fair, buying weapons should be a money drain so keep that in mind.

• Like 1

Nub boy

@Javier Orion I think it wasn't that high as a price for an Mk1  because after just farming weed with an hemmet box  a player can get a weapon that is classified as one of the most high calibre weapon. In my opinion this guns should be used in special occasions, not like a normal weapon.

@Wilco I didn't get the concept of buying weapons "should be a money drain", because people are not getting "dirty money" after farming illegal substances, but they are getting legal money that you can deposit in your bank. And it would be different if a person could buy weapons just with "dirty money", that will be more seems as a money drain

Javier Orion

@Nub boy Yeah i can agree after doing a weed run you can get it but with having a mk1 comes with the issues of constantly people or factions trying to rob it off of you, due to the factions suffocating a lot of the rebels and having such greater numbers. Increasing the price would not help as it would just be pointless, rebel would completely die as they don't wanna spend so much money for a load out they can lose in a matter of seconds as it's already a problem with their barely being any decent gangs on the server anymore. Overall i don't think increasing the price would help as it would just kill rebel even more and it would just be faction v faction gain.

Nub boy

@Javier Orion how did I mention before if we increase the value this weapons might be used in special situations and not like normal weapons or weapons that even a new player will be able to get (7 days). And it would not be faction v faction gain, because if a faction engage another one and they have 5.56mm vs a gang that has 6.5 or 7.62mm the gang with the 5.56 will try different tactics to overcome the advantage of the other gang. So it would not be all the times economy vs economy. 

Nate Han
4 hours ago, Nub boy said:

For example, a player finish to farm poseidon weed and he will have 1kk, so with that money he can easily buy 9 equipments and the player will not even have fear to lose his equipment. 

I'm sorry but no one is getting 9 load outs from a posidon weed run. Realistically your getting 2-3's worth based on what your buying, in some cases even less. Don't know about you, but most rebels I've met with a 300k + loadout don't have 0 fear over losing there gear imo. As Javier said increasing prices would just kill rebel life even more

Edited by Nate Han

Nub boy

@Nate Han mxm, level 4 and other stuff cost 150k maximum. That's what I am saying, players cam get easily weapons and for that there are many players that engage other players because if something will go wrong they can re equip again. Like if someone is going to do weed and the police caught them they will be more worried about the weed than their equipment, so maybe some players will rather run away if the weapons are not that cheap and easy to get than waiting to engage them. Or some of them will start using just 9mm when they are farming and then get bigger guns from their houses when they need to do something important.

Mr Maxim

An MXM is 100k if you add a long range scope to that like a khalia then its 150k and that's not even with mags or clothes or a vest or anything. Do you have the rebel license? Or advanced? if so then go take a few minutes to look at the prices, then double them because it's currently half price.

• Like 1

Simon Ross
46 minutes ago, Mr Maxim said:

An MXM is 100k if you add a long range scope to that like a khalia then its 150k and that's not even with mags or clothes or a vest or anything. Do you have the rebel license? Or advanced? if so then go take a few minutes to look at the prices, then double them because it's currently half price.

Yep, plus 75k for suppressor, 5k/tracer 100rnd mag etc 

• Hype 1

Clark-

Sorry but prices are high enough, no offence but this is the most ludicrous post I have ever seen -1 from me.

Nub boy

@Mr Maxim @Mr Maxim I normally use an mxm with RCO, 10 magazine a level 4 vest and that would not even be 150k, cause an mxm is 100k RCO 3.5k and then 1.5x 10 that would be 15k plus 14k for the vest and that would not even be 150k but 132.5k

@Clark- "prices high enough" for weapons that are used in war but a civilian can buy them after some minutes of farming. 

DexyKing

Is this a joke??.. Its expensive enough already I don't think anyone wants it to go any higher.. Sounds like rebel life is just going to die more but okay.. All I know is this suggestion ain't getting nowhere I'm sorry but a -1 from me.

Simon Ross
7 hours ago, Nub boy said:

@Mr Maxim @Mr Maxim I normally use an mxm with RCO, 10 magazine a level 4 vest and that would not even be 150k, cause an mxm is 100k RCO 3.5k and then 1.5x 10 that would be 15k plus 14k for the vest and that would not even be 150k but 132.5k

@Clark- "prices high enough" for weapons that are used in war but a civilian can buy them after some minutes of farming. 

Right, that’s low level. Mxm+suppressor+ARCO + bipod+khalia+~6x100rnd tracer + gear =well into 300k+, and this is the same as tier 1 lobos/AR If you want weaponry to complete with higher tiers of AR/lobos etc you can easily reach the 5-600k mark

then let’s not forget that vehicles are much more expensive as well as there is little passive income. - paycheck are crap and that’s the only income. 

• Like 1

Nub boy

@Simon Ross How did I mention if someone take 30 minutes that would be 1kk payceck. In arma 3 rp there are many ways to get money and not just waiting for your 3k every 15 minutes.

I just keep the MXM low level because I see that here the action are during no more than 5 minutes. I saw in 5 actions that everyone is pushing and no one is maybe staying at a distance that can have the view on the zone like 500-700m , but in some case people can stay as well at 1km. So I want to say that there is not that much tactics and is just pushing.

Simon Ross
2 hours ago, Nub boy said:

@Simon Ross How did I mention if someone take 30 minutes that would be 1kk payceck. In arma 3 rp there are many ways to get money and not just waiting for your 3k every 15 minutes.

What I am trying to say is the only way to make money well is doing runs, people won't want to be doing runs every 2/3 gear sets, as it is a very large map so medics do not always get to you, as well as it is very easy to die to simple things like a car crash or RDM, and then you need to re gear. This is just not very sustainable. 

Nub boy

@Simon Ross If someone will rdm you there is a section on the forum where if you have a video the player can get banned the and get the gear that you lose back to you. For the medic problems it could be solved by player to be more careful while driving or they might think twice before engaging someone without medics on. If medics use helicopter it will not be that far to revive a patient even if the map is really big. And I will be back again at my discussion, if weapons will be raised by price people will care more about the weapons and they will not be that easy to buy. There it would be more rp and people that want to ruin the other players experience by doing rdm need to take more time to farm and then buy the weapon, because if someone need to take more than a day to farm a weapon they might think twice before getting banned.

Simon Ross
17 minutes ago, Nub boy said:

For the medic problems it could be solved by player to be more careful while driving or they might think twice before engaging someone without medics on. If medics use helicopter it will not be that far to revive a patient even if the map is really big. And I will be back again at my discussion, if weapons will be raised by price people will care more about the weapons and they will not be that easy to buy. There it would be more rp and people that want to ruin the other players experience by doing rdm need to take more time to farm and then buy the weapon, because if someone need to take more than a day to farm a weapon they might think twice before getting banned.

This just isn’t how it works. For example if there is one or two medics one, a majority of the server will die. There is no escaping this truth, unless you have people willing to fly around the map endlessly to revive you. If I report every RDMer I will never actually be playing and constantly writing reports, and honestly “people will think carefully about driving” is not a response. Huge map,to get interaction you want to get around quickly and you cannot control other people accidentally crashing into you.

if you raise the gear prices any further everyone 16+ will go to factions, or will leave - it is bad enough as it is let alone marking the prices up even more 

Aethon

@Nub boy I'm guessing from your posts that you come from a modded, potentially whitelisted community, maybe even a FiveM server? Your ideas work in some contexts, but are the complete opposite of what Altis Life needs right now. It's quite a unique roleplay environment with a very different meta to those modded communities, I encourage you to stick around to learn more about it.

Right now the balance of power is shifted enormously to whitelisted factions - that is police and poseidon - and as a result rebel life is very, very dead. Rebels used to be the vast majority of the playerbase, but thanks to a broken economy, very strong factions and expensive gear this is no longer the case. Many long term rebels have left the server, and there are far fewer strong rebel gangs now than a year ago. 

Nub boy

@Aethon I come from a vanilla server, never liked the modded servers and the server was open to everyone. And that server was going great with this idea. But I think I need to get adapted more on the way this server is going, because there it was really really different.

• Like 1

Lost_avenger

having a event every 2 weeks to get decent weapons would be so terrible youd either buy 1 weapon and when thats gone well your screwed for 2 weeks till you can go again
or you gotta buy multiple and youll get screwed transporting it back to a house cause everyones going to be on the rob around the black market on those days

as it stands people will rob you at advance but atleast thats workable because you can pick the perfect time to go and if you mess up oh well try again 

and making vests illigal? is there even a country anywhere that makes body armour illigal what would the sense in taking away body armour from the people your here to protect unlike guns body armour has no purpose other than to protect people