What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Shorter nights (DayZ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daanv

Professional Stunt Driver
Staff Team
Los Santos Police
The current time that its night is quite long especially for someone without night vision or a warm base to hide in. 

I suggest making the nights shorter to benefit the newer players and those who don't want to watch a movie for 30 minutes while it's night. 

Pro's:

1. the newer players have a easier time getting started. 

2. No need to wait half an hour to go outside. 

Con's:

1. easier to play for longer term members. 

Last edited by a moderator:
If nights are made shorter then it makes night vision kind of pointless

Harden the f**k up tbh.Night time play is one of the things that's makes dayz what it is. Also nvgs cost next to nothing from our natty new trader.-1 from me 

For reference, the current time acceleration is 12. For every 1 real hour, 12 hours in game passes, so a day in game lasts 2 real hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate nights in dayz but its an integral part to dayz. -1 from me

I agree with what people are saying about nights being an important part of DayZ. But I do still belive altering the amount of time it lasts, maybe to half, would be an improvement, especially for fresh-spawns, whilst still keeping the DayZ survival feeling.

I have seen that as night falls, we seem to lose a fair few players (usually around 5), and not all come back. So, due to this the night duration will be amended.

However, since the votes have been balanced out for some time now, the change won't make nights completely redundant. They will still make things difficult without a light or NVGs, just not for 2 hours at a time.

I agree with bob, we have seen a decline during night times, our plan is to not completely remove it bur shorten the nights as the title suggests.

Thank you for your suggestion! Keep them coming 🙂

Moved to Work in progress

The day/night cycle has been edited to have 2 hour days, 1 hour nights (down from 2 hours of both). Pending 01/02/2020 8PM update.

Moved to Implemented

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back