What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Value for own life and fear RP.

Boyd Colt

Value for own life and fear RP.

Detailed Rule Suggestion:

A value for your own life should be a lot higher than it currently is and rebels and poseidon should take more seriously. So if i say i don't want to die cause i value my life rebels should not be allowed to just kill you and execute you cause they can. These days no matter how hard i try and roleplay being scared and wanting to live i just get the (your being killed by xyz today) then shot, then like a robot got any last words then killed. even tho its by the rules is still a bad experience for me. It seems like it should be a thing thats not okay to do and even when not in a gun fight i will still get shot and killed for what? it seems very under roleplayed to me yet its not against the rules. There are many other ways to roleplay this yet no one care about civ/rebel value for life and fear RP.

Outline how your rule will improve the server/community:

Well instead of just getting killed when captured it will force more roleplay onto people both sides. That being the detained that is clearly fearing for their life and the rebel that has to roleplay a better reason or already has one to kill or make negotiations let go. Not a lot of people even roleplay being in pain after being shot and don't care they are going to die cause they know they can gear right up 5 min later. Fear and value for life will make roleplay better for everyone and more realistic.

Think about any bad points your rule suggestion might have:

All the rebels that love executing people to get murder charges on the criminal record will moan about it cause it will be harder to rack them up.

What punishment if any should breach of this rule have:

Poor quality roleplay results in a timed ban. Depending on the person's previous record of bans of course.

Massive +1 to that. Hate when I get taken hostage for a handy 30mins sitting in complete silence and then get executed! Would make the rp better for certain. And inb4 people say that cops leave people detained for ages in silence, cause it deffo does happen and ain't fair for rebels xD

Ow hell no from me i love to have a freedom of chooice on what i can do when facing something

Executing a compliant prisoner for the sake of it should come under rule 7.1.3 imo, and that includes just finding silly reasons to kill them like asking them ridiculous questions or giving them impossible challenges. That said, if it's roleplayed well, killing them should be fine.

Though I accept a lot of the time the roleplay is dog shit

the roleplay on the server has taken a shit lately some people need to learn how to roleplay again +1

Quality Role play is the meat of the sandwich for Role play UK. But for us to make a better sandwich we need the other ingredients to blend well, Dont forget the mayo.

the roleplay on the server has taken a shit lately some people need to learn how to roleplay again +1
past few years ^

Fearing ya life is something that is non existant hear sadly. Win mentality is way too big.

Would be nice to see a change but I cant see it being done here.

Problem with this is the fact that generally hostages just get executed, or thrown in prison for 15 for fuck all reason(police - yes I’m aware it isn’t everyone). I one was taken to prison with fuck all rp for landing in a gunfight between cops and rebels - would prolly have ended up in there for 15 minutes apart from he crashed his heli

I would rather start a gunfight I know I would lose than be taken by cops to receive fuck all rp and 15 mins in prison. For the rare few I might take a more passive approach or not bleed out but for a lot it isn’t worth it. It isn’t worth the most likely less than 15 minutes of generally pretty shit rp for the then additional 15 minutes of no Rp. 

as for hostages they generally just end up getting executed. Sometimes people try and sell them back but that normally ends in a shootout and the hostage getting executed. On the rare few occasions hostage rp is fun - I quite enjoyed getting taken hostage in the police - had a couple fub experiences with it and some of the Rp was great but when you are a rebel or Poseidon getting taken hostage it generally seems to be lacking in the enjoyment. Maybe partly due to the high prices you pay for gear, and maybe due to the lack of worth with them. I’ll happily be taken after losing a fight but I won’t want to just give it up there and there because I bought a gun for a reason

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah it's a no from me, there's already way too many restrictions. I don't need anyone telling me I can't execute someone.

People should be free to roleplay and do what they want in roleplay as long as it is in line with the rules.

If I was your hostake taker and I want to execute you, I will execute you. I will roleplay with you as long as you want and when time is over, you're on the ground. You are taken hostage for a reason usually for a reason that is not in my favor or something that I dislike.

+1. The state of RP as of late is dire. It seems that no matter what you do or say, if an armed group want to they will simply pull up on you, tell you if you drive off you will be disabled, forcing you to get out of the car, with them then taking your stuff and then killing you without you being able to do a single thing about it. It feels like 90% of the time we are all just going through the motions. Anything to promote RP, even if it's not a perfect idea is worth trying, as it is desperately needed now more so than ever.

This is another one of the ideas that seem great on paper - but iffy in practice.

Pros:

- Improves quality of rp for the hostage

- Adds a bit more value to life

Cons: 

- Gives a set example for someone to be able to exit their rp situation in being executed, by simply in a half assed manner, begging for their life, rendering the hostage taker useless as he can't technically execute him by the rules, putting a harsh line into the rp of what can and can not be done.

- Makes more same and same situations. "Oh no you took me hostage please don't kill me i'll do anything". It'd just be the exact lines repeated over and over, and leaves little room for creativity.

- More rules for new players to understand - They're already hard to wrap your head around, with the amount of "oh we know it from experience" rules.. Why add more?

- What about when performing high quality rp? made a whole story as to why he wants you dead - Should that rp be nullified by your rp? because rules got in the way? No.

As mentioned - Idea is wonderful on paper, but honestly if you feel that someone is giving you shit rp executing you you can report them under 7.1.3. I don't feel putting a restriction upon rp would do any good for a genre of server focused on creativity. At the end of the day if you feel treated with poor quality roleplay, ensure to file a report.. I feel like muddying up the rules even further would be a pity

-1 from me personally due to reasons above.

Last edited by a moderator:
People should be free to roleplay and do what they want in roleplay as long as it is in line with the rules.

Gives a set example for someone to be able to exit their rp situation in being executed, by simply in a half assed manner, begging for their life, rendering the hostage taker useless as he can't technically execute him by the rules, putting a harsh line into the rp of what can and can not be done.Makes more same and same situations. "Oh no you took me hostage please don't kill me i'll do anything". It'd just be the exact lines repeated over and over, and leaves little room for creativity.
The point here, at least for me, isn't that you shouldn't be able to execute hostages. It's that you shouldn't be able to execute them without providing quality roleplay.

So whilst the hostage can't rely on "overrused" lines to save his life, the hostage-taker will also need to apply some level of creativity to their roleplay. It is, by far, the opposite of a restriction on roleplay and enforces the rule that killing someone should be carried out with proper RP. The bar which defines the acceptable standards of RP needs to be raised again, as some people here have already mentioned, it's dropped quite a bit over the past few years. 

The point here, at least for me, isn't that you shouldn't be able to execute hostages. It's that you shouldn't be able to execute them without providing quality roleplay.

So whilst the hostage can't rely on "overrused" lines to save his life, the hostage-taker will also need to apply some level of creativity to their roleplay. It is, by far, the opposite of a restriction on roleplay and enforces the rule that killing someone should be carried out with proper RP. The bar which defines the acceptable standards of RP needs to be raised again, as some people here have already mentioned, it's dropped quite a bit over the past few years. 
You can't kill someone without proper RP anyway it falls underneath the RDM rule. I don't take people hostage for the hell of it, I do so because they done something that upset me. And if you upset me, I ain't gonna let you go scott free, same as how when you get arrested by cops, you're going to jail and even worse you sit in a cell for 15 minutes with nothing to do.

We don’t need rule changes, we just need mentality changes. If everyone stopped trying to win everything and just wanted to have fun then this place would be so much better. Last night I had the best and funniest night on this server in absolute months and just because everyone involved preferred to have fun than to just win.

I mean what Greenhalgh said RP has tanked quite recently i do agree but at the same time what Rice Krispy said when people stop always trying to win-win-win and had fun for once maybe the server would be more fun to play on. I have found that the server has become more gunfight after gunfight focused. But it is simply the mentality of the current gangs and factions (Excluding the NHS ). yes, some people enjoy a top-quality RP scenario realistic or a crazy over the top scenario. But at the same time then you have those who only want to log on to "Frag some kiddies". I think that by bringing this rule in would not "Increase the RP" but would simply be something that would cause drama throughout the community. You cant force people to role-play on a un_whitelisted server.

Back