What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

[DayZ] Keep/Remove player marker from map

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Wilkinson

Wiki Editor
Simple yes/no vote to remove your location marker from the in game map.

Up: keep

Down: remove

Last edited by a moderator:
id say more have a option to remove or keep it. 

Firstly you have the issue of it removing a lot of the survival feeling and navigation skills DayZ brings.

But another quite big issue is how it hinders RP by making it impossible to take anyone hostage and eg. take them to your base or a secret location, without them knowing exactly where they are, defeating the purpose of putting a sack over their head. 

Is it possible to change it so you need a certain device, like a GPS, to be able to see your location and it can be removed? That would be a good middle ground I believe 

Firstly you have the issue of it removing a lot of the survival feeling and navigation skills DayZ brings.

But another quite big issue is how it hinders RP by making it impossible to take anyone hostage and eg. take them to your base or a secret location, without them knowing exactly where they are, defeating the purpose of putting a sack over their head. 
I've been on a server where having a bag on your head or being tied up in any way prevents you from accessing the map to avoid this issue, really I just like to have map markers to find where I've spawned and to help me make my way inland in the right direction.

I agree with the point of this, in a sense that people can see where they are being taken but.. Then again what Aethon has said about being on a server where having a bag on your head or being tied up prevents your from accesing the map.. So if that was possible to do it would be fine. 

In a survival perspective, It wont change much removing it because you can just place markers to see where you are, Unless people don't spawn with a map but then it'll put people off the server if they are coming from other modded dayz servers and being quite annoying for groups to rendevaus and be quite tedious. Also Its not often you find maps in the game so it would be very annoying not having one all the time. Unless they are in the trader.. 

Tough one. Im still on the fence unless being blindfolded/tied stops you seeing your marker or better yet, stops you accesing your map because you could just again, place markers down to find out where you are.

Is it possible to change it so you need a certain device, like a GPS, to be able to see your location and it can be removed? That would be a good middle ground I believe 
Something we would have to look into doing possibly 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back