What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Altis Rally Cross/Endurance Race

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyanide

Event Name:

Altis Rally Cross/Endurance Race

Description of Event:

Have a rally cross competition across Altis, 3 stages around Kavala, north of the map (Police side), and Poseidon lands. £50k entry. The 1st has as many racers as possible, the 2nd has the top 6 people and the 3rd has the top 3 people. They can bring any land vehicle they wish, but only a land vehicle. The top 3 people get rewards, and the rest get idk..... £10 for participating

Time and date:

Probably weekends

Reward:

1st. A special vehicle (such as the Vipers Hunter)

2nd. A modded vehicle

3rd. A standard, common vehicle

Requirements from players (i.e. bring vehicle):

Bring any land vehicle

Required admin assistance:

Possibly, mainly if people get downed from rubber banding etc and to make sure people don't cheat, but Police and NHS could take over those roles

I would love to see one of these rally events organised again. It was first done in 2018 and it was organised as a tournament. The tournament lasted over several weeks and each day had 3 stages which would be revealed to you shortly before it was your turn to drive. You would earn points for how well you performed compared to other drivers in each stage, and additional points for the overall time of all stages combined.

You can see my perspective of the first event here

It was really fun and everyone got involved. The only shortcoming was the lack of drivers, this was because to enter you needed a team of 5 which consisted of a captain, 2 drivers and 2 navigators. If a similar event is organised, it would benefit to allow individual cars to compete against each other (one driver and one navigator) as it would make the event more accessible.

One last thing, the rewards should be monetary.

TL;DR A similar event was hosted in 2018 and it was a blast. Would love to see it happen again, and allow someone to try and take the rally champion title from me ❤️

I've been thinking about hosting a rally, but never gotten around to it. I'll pass this one on, and see what people in the event team think of it.

I do like rallies, as many of you know!

It is a massive organisational challenge. Stages need to be properly manned and timed, racers need to be briefed on their route and observed as they go around the track to ensure that they aren't cutting corners, etc. We had NHS on standby for any crashes, and the police involved to road closures, but we still were struggling for people. There's also the issue that some people don't know it's going on and end up on the race track: we very nearly had some crashes from people that didn't see admin messages!

Rewards would need to be looked at. It was a big discussion last time I ran this event as to what the rewards should be, and it was settled on pure money, as that was the most enticing thing for people.

In short it's certainly doable, but I just wanted to warn you about all the behind the scenes issues you'd need to overcome.

the events team have reviewed the event suggestion and are planning to host a simular event soon

Accepted: simular event to be announced soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back