What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Game exited suddenly

Cowboy Chip

Lifetime Donator
Lifetime Donator
The game keeps closing down on me.   Exit code:   0xc0000005 - status_access_violation   What is this and how do I fix it?

Thanks in advance

The game keeps closing down on me.   Exit code:   0xc0000005 - status_access_violation   What is this and how do I fix it?

Thanks in advance
i would have no idea, do you maybe have some mods or something? 

i would have no idea, do you maybe have some mods or something? 
Howdy Cap, long time.

No mods that I know of that are active.  I think there are a couple in there but I don't use them.  Well, as you know, I've not been in the game for some time.  I had a few minutes and was going to play with the settings, but the game keeps shutting down on me  lol.

Howdy Cap, long time.

No mods that I know of that are active.  I think there are a couple in there but I don't use them.  Well, as you know, I've not been in the game for some time.  I had a few minutes and was going to play with the settings, but the game keeps shutting down on me  lol.
does it shut down on the launcher or in the game? 

It's quite a basic method but if you haven't verified the game files I would definitely recommend doing that, although there's no guarantee that that'll fix the problem 

It's quite a basic method but if you haven't verified the game files I would definitely recommend doing that, although there's no guarantee that that'll fix the problem 
Howdy @Travers  😉

Thanks for the tip.  How do I verify the game files?  I have A3 running off my SSD.

Thanks in advance

@Cowboy Chip search for “windows memory diagnostic” or something similarly named via windows search. There’s a chance you might have faulty RAM, which is a problem I had a year ago. I had the exact same problem of the game crashing randomly and nothing ARMA related fixes it. If it comes back and finds an error then you’ll have to take your RAM sticks out and work out which is the faulty one

Howdy @Travers  😉

Thanks for the tip.  How do I verify the game files?  I have A3 running off my SSD.

Thanks in advance
When in your steam library with all your games listed on the left, right click on Arma 3. Then go to properties > local files > Verifty integrity of game files. 

Howdy @Rice Krispy,  Thank for the tip, I'll look into that.

@James Travers, Thank you, I'll do that and see if it makes a difference  😉

When in your steam library with all your games listed on the left, right click on Arma 3. Then go to properties > local files > Verifty integrity of game files. 
"45 files failed to validate and will be reacquired".    Not sure if this is done automatically, or if I need to re install...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back