What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Pile of Suggestions for GTARP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fluqi

Welsh | 2020 Pub Quiz Winner
Staff Team
Los Santos Police
Los Santos Police Trainer
Just things I've come across this past week which would/could/should improve things in my personal opinion. These suggestions are for all parties. Civs, Police and Medics. 

1) 

Idea: Keys

Description: I believe keys for a vehicle should be a physical item that goes in your inventory like everything else. Weapons, Consumables, etc. etc. so you can then both give keys to your vehicle to people and also make it so the engine of the vehicle doesn't start unless the person in the drivers seat has keys to said vehicle in their inventory. HOWEVER, to make leaving your vehicle unlocked, allow civilians to hot-wire your vehicle but make it take X amount of time? (I'd suggest maybe a minute or two?) This then prevents people from just hoping into peoples cars and driving away with no rp at all. 

2) 
Idea: Bandages for Police/Civilians

Description: Quite self explanatory butt at this current time, with the lack of medics on the server and even when they are them being hard to come by, allow both civs and police to purchase bandages to heal themselves. This would ofcourse be done via some sort of ingame animation and time to bandage would be a thing. 

3)

Idea: Allow civilians to purchase zipties which would then allow them to search people. 

Description: Again, quite simple. Giving civilians the ability to buy zipties to then search people would allow for robbery / hostage scenarios to be done without having to awkwardly say, "I can't do this, so you do it for me" instead of forcefully doing it you know?

4)

Idea: Police being able to impound vehicles. 

Description: Allow police the ability to impound vehicles. The amount of times, as a police officer I've seized a vehicle from a civilian but have been unable to get it impounded because there isn't any tow truck drivers on duty to come grab it for me. Even if this option would only be available if you had to drive it back to PD or w/e. 

4.1)

Idea: Phoning tow truck / mechanic drivers instead of text.

Description: To add onto the above suggestion, and to utilise the amazing phonecall ability we currently have, have mechanics / tow truck drivers to show up in a directory of some kind so if anyone needs them, we can phone them instead of text them. Adds to RP imo. 

5) 

Idea: Name change at townhall. 

Description: Allow people to change their names at the town hall every X amount of days/weeks (I suggest, maybe a month?) for X amount of money. You do however, remain on the police national computers so this wouldn't wipe your police record so you can't get away from your past. 

6)

Idea: Ability to /fix

Description: Allow people to /fix their vehicles to fix things toolkits don't seem to like scrapes, dinks etc. 

• For Police - Within X Radius of Police Stations (Need to open more around the map)
  • For NHS - Within X Radius of Hospitals (Need to open more around the map)
  • For Civilians - Within X Radius of Impound Lots/Garages (Maybe need more? idk. more recently got added)

7) 

Idea: /notepad ingame

Description: Ability to type /notepad or something ingame that actually pulls up an actual editable notepad so you can write down information to store for the session. Admittedly, this is mainly for the police as currently I alt tab to take notes of things like a persons information, a persons statement etc. to add onto the PNC. HOWEVER, this can work for both NHS and Civs very easily. 

8 ) 

Idea: Fix Phone Animation

Description: Currently, when ever you go on your phone, the phone animation goes straight to your ear. Even if you're not actually ringing someone. Simply correct this so it shows you're looking at the phone rather than holding it to your ear unless you're on the phone to someone. 

9) 

Idea: Editable Phone Contacts

Description: Allow you to edit contacts on your phone to either remove, rename or just edit people you've added to your contacts. 

**Disclaimer, this one is a bit far fetched but I do think it could work but also can see the cons of it

10) 

Idea: Adding Custom Names Above Peoples Heads

Description: Although I can obviously see the meta game potential of this idea, I feel as if adding the ability to add a custom name above someone you know ingame to easily recognise them around you etc. without saying "Oh, who is this again?" would be a great thing considering most people look/wear the same thing. *NOTE* This would be removed if you were wearing a mask. 

***Police Based Suggestions

11) 

Idea: Free Fuel For Police

Description: Quite simple. In real life, fuel for police officers is free and you're not expected to pay it outta your wage. Make this so ingame. 

12) 

Idea: Food and Drink WITHIN Police Secure areas is FREE

Description: Food and Drink vending machines within Police Stations is free of charge because it's the perk of the job for being such amazing police officers 🙂 

13) 

Idea: Allow Police to Access PNC outside of vehicle

Description: Allow police to type /pnc or something of that variant to access the police computer outside of a vehicle. As it stands, if I wanna go do paperwork, or if I wanna check something out, I've gotta go to a car and do it there. Where as, most cops nowadays have little tablet things on them to do it where ever. 

BTW THE BOLO SYSTEM AND VEHICLE WANTED TAB ISN'T WORKING PLEASE FIX AND MAKE BETTER THANK YOU.

14) 

Idea: Change how inventory system works

Description: Instead of putting things inside vehicles like it currently is, have something like this where all items that you want to store in your vehicle or put on floor drags into the right side, your inventory on the left and the use, quantity etc. is in the middle. You're welcome for my sick paint skills. 
iW1G4rh.png

OH ALSO MAKE ARMOUR AN ACTUAL PHYSICAL ITEM THAT STORES INSIDE YOUR INVENTORY WITH A WEIGHT ETC. SO YOU CAN ONLY HOLD X AMOUNT 🙂 THANKS 

This is a bit long winded, but ye. This is what I have so far. I'm sure I've missed some butt yee. 🙂

Two More Suggestions; 

1) 

Make it so if you're a passenger in a vehicle, it doesn't put you in driver if the driver exits. 

2)

Make it so you can fuel a vehicle even with people inside of said vehicle

Forgot these two. 

That feeling when he draws what is on the development server atm... 

RCoISXI.jpg

Still a few creases to iron out and to ensure no exploiting etc but coming soonTM. 

I do ask your police suggestions go to police command for them to deal with. I'm not taking police suggestions through this section of the forums. A few suggestions will have to go into discussion with factions other players, staff etc, but give me time I am listening!

1) 

Idea: Keys 1+

2) 
Idea: Bandages for Police/Civilians Neutral!

Think that NHS should be put in for any serious injuries. This is to make more RP happend when someone gets hurt by bullets or serious car crashes.

Positive with this is that you don't have to get treatment with NHS for any little scratches you get when riding a bicycle!

3)

Idea: Allow civilians to purchase zipties which would then allow them to search people. -1 

Against this!

Reason is because RP should be the main priority! Not being able to point a gun at someone take all their stuff outa their pockets and leave without any decent quality rp.

Most scenarios will probably be 4 guys roll up in a car pointing guns yelling PUT YOUR HANDS UP! PUT YOUR HANDS UP! *They put hands up* One guy runs up zipties him without any /me action proceeds with taking all the stuff. Shoots him in the face and leaves (If he was doing illegal shit ofc)

So in my own personal opinion I would like people to rp with /me and pat someone down to find what he has. Or voulentarily give out a sufficent amount depending of the quality rp that's been carried out. Feels like good rp should be rewarded instead of letting big groups who barly know how to rp get the power to ziptie everyone and just ruin the servers fun! (Well they'll be having fun since they love to rob and make other people fill miserble)

4)

Idea: Police being able to impound vehicles. I'm Neutral on this.

Think it would be good if they could when theres been lots of minges around just crashing cars everywhere and then proceeds to picklock a new car to continue their baiting spree. 

But don't think they should be able to do it when theres been a rp situation. Then they should call a mechanic and have him tow it and hopefully give him some money for his trouble. Since 25 in paycheck doesn't amount to much if you have to tow cars for free from the goverment. Maybe implement that they give invoices that the head of police have to aprove of before getting paid like 100-200 per car they impound that the police have asked them for.

4.1)

Idea: Phoning tow truck / mechanic drivers instead of text. +1 on this!

Would be nice to be able to chat verbaly with the customers! But should be able to toggle the option to recive calls. Like a do not disturb option but will still get text with: One missed call from 000000

5) 

Idea: Name change at townhall. -1 

Why? Stick with the name you have and develop that char. Only way to get new name is to make new char or get permakilled!

If you want to stick to another name try giving yourself an alias or something.

6)

Idea: Ability to /fix I'm Neutral on this but laying towards negative.

The reason is instead of fixing it yourself. Call a mechanic and make him change them for you or repair that scratch! At the moment repair kits is really expensive so I understand why people rather garage store and take out (Its alot cheaper. Maybe make it more expensive? Also maybe only let mechanics on/off duty repair cars? Serious damage should be towed and fixed at a workshop)

And make repair kits cheaper for mechanics or make it free in ceirtan spots on the map where there is a ingame mechanics shop.

7) 

Idea: /notepad ingame +1 

Love this idea! Would be really nice to keep track of things! Also make you able to show the notes to someone else!

8 ) 

Idea: Fix Phone Animation +1 

I've seen on other servers that it's possible! Very nice!

9) 

Idea: Editable Phone Contacts +1 

Would be super!

10) 

Idea: Adding Custom Names Above Peoples Heads - Neutral on this

Would be amazing to see the id of people who's running around causing mayham and be able to report them. But could be used for metagaming to identify people.

11) 

Idea: Free Fuel For Police  +1

Yes!

12) 

Idea: Food and Drink WITHIN Police Secure areas is FREE  - Neutral on this!

Give people a chance to start up bussnies with the police instead. Lets say a company will deliver food to the PD in exchange for payment. Could easily be rp'd if police got a fridge in their PD. 

Gives you other duties than only driving around chacing maniacs. Administrative work within the PD should be encouraged and have someone responsible for ordering new food!

13) 

Idea: Allow Police to Access PNC outside of vehicle - Neutral

Would make it way to easy for police to check people up for any little thing. Sometimes it's just best to talk to someone and then if he seemse suspicous call down to PD to have a check on him or go into that car and check yourself. But think this should be possible at computers within the PD!

That's my two cents on all the suggestions except for most that are cop related!

Vehicle keys - Accepted pending a future change to locking system
Bandages for civilians - Completed
Zipties - Completed
Phone Tow Truck instead of text - In development discussion
Name change at town hall - Accepted
/Fix ability - Rejected (Use a repair kit / mechanic)
/notepad - In development discussion
Fix phone animation - Accepted
Edit phone contacts - Accepted
Names above heads - Rejected for now (Not wanting to provide indicators for metagaming etc)
Inventory system - Completed
Don't auto transfer to driver seat - Accepted
Fuel a vehicle with people inside - Accepted

Oxygen levels - from your other post - Accepted pending a future change to stats/character progression

Note there is no timeframe on some of these as they are seen as QOL and non vital to the game. We are pushing forward with some more important things at the minute! I'll keep updating this list

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back