What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Modify Police Panic Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antollyme

Los Santos Police
Los Santos Police
Suggestion: Add a sound to the police panic button like the ANPR beeping sound.

I can only apologise for my tantrum on the forms last night over a frustrating situation but there was a point behind it. The police panic button needs to be modified to balance situations. At the current moment the police panic button can be triggered by a simple press of a button on the keyboard, it doesn't show anyone nearby that its been pressed and no sound is given off either. Its simply overpowered as an officer can get in a predicament and have the entire police force on his/hers location in the matter of seconds to minutes with how small the map is and the people hes/shes in an altercation with are none the wiser. 

I understand its a game but even IRL police have to say their location when they press their panic buttons on their radios. If a sound was added to the panic button it would give the police officer in question an ultimatum that if they press it they know they will get urgent help but will also inform everyone around them that its been pressed.

Last edited by a moderator:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Only given this video as an example not sure if it's up to date but there is a plethora of noises to pick from. 

This also has the added benefit for rebels by allowing them to decide wether they still want to stick around and take the odds or get out of dodge. 

Currently panic buttons are similar to that tone but with vibrate to all fuck and make everyone away that you need help

As it stands currently this is being moved to denied. Given that the current meta of the server is heavily against the police given the prevalence of firearms, their advantage of the panic button is one of the few for the unarmed officers. This may be revisited at a later date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back