What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Gun pulling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romly

I recently got into trouble for drawing my uzi on someone who had their gun to my head. Although I won and got away alive, I was still punished for not valuing me life since the admin wasn't aware that my ancestors were all top dog cowboys and I was more than capable of pulling the stunt. I was quite surprised that I was banned but it made me think. There's a slow pistol draw animation so why not have the same thing for SMGs and Assault rifles. There's already animation in the game for things like this, I have NO idea where to find them but i'm just suggesting.

Pros:

Less people will be banned for not valuing their life.

People will stop winging when they're killed with SMGs because they know there's an animation so they had the same time to pull.

Cons: 

Work for the developers.

Might be hard to do.

I don't see how that would fix that though? 

I mean if you have a gun pointed to your head, why would you then proceed to pull a weapon. Its 100% correct you are not valuing your life in that situation. As I am sure if you attempted to pull any weapon or made any sudden movements you would have been shot. Does not matter if you "won" the situation you still had a gun pointed to your head and should have acted out in fear due to the disadvantage you were faced with at the time.

It's not a case of your pulling your gun "too quick" - your thought process is backwards. If anything being able to pull out a weapon faster and knowing that you can do so to get yourself out of a tricky situation is actually closer to valuing your life than if you were to have a long drawn out animation.

That said the intention of the entire "valuing your life" rule is (I believe) to prevent you from doing stupid things that are guaranteed to get you shot full stop, thus preventing roleplay. Much like the scenario you've mentioned "drawing my uzi on someone who had their gun to my head."

In my opinion all weapons melee and ranged should have some sort of draw animation

Well I think we should start using /me's for taking out any weapon of bigger and smaller size. 

Taking a bat out from the passenger seat or trunk.

Taking out a gun from glove box.

Taking out a wrench from toolbox 

There's alot of ways to get it out but if you add roleplay. Which will hopefully make scenarios more fun!

I mean if you have a gun pointed to your head, why would you then proceed to pull a weapon. Its 100% correct you are not valuing your life in that situation. As I am sure if you attempted to pull any weapon or made any sudden movements you would have been shot. Does not matter if you "won" the situation you still had a gun pointed to your head and should have acted out in fear due to the disadvantage you were faced with at the time.

you rambled on about the story but then -1'ed the suggestion? What do you think about the SMG animation suggestion?

giphy.gif

I got a solution for this

Value your own life an jus surrender...

This aint arma 3, ill say it over an over till people get it in there skulls
*their

to be fair to him that is funny as fuck
fanks geez, glad you like it.

you rambled on about the story but then -1'ed the suggestion? What do you think about the SMG animation suggestion?

*their

fanks geez, glad you like it.
Right. When it comes down to it I think there should be an animation added to make it slower in taking the weapon out. The only reason I "rambled" on about the story is simply because you did "NOT" value your life in that situation and have made a suggestion based off that. Considering one of the "pros" is how people are not going to be banned for not valuing their life. 

Lets have a little watch here. 

In the clip provided by Antollyme, does not matter how fast the weapon comes out. There is no respect for what the situation was. You simply spin around like your doing a FaZe montage on cod and shoot. And the second point "People will stop winging when they're killed with SMGs because they know there's an animation so they had the same time to pull." Again regardless even if their is an animation or not. You must act based on the situation itself. You simply did not. You did not value your life and I see this purely as a salt post.

giphy.gif

Again. I do agree that their needs to be an animation added not for the points you have stated, but more so it adds more depth to each individual situation and adds more balance to the table overall.

I got a solution for this

Value your own life an jus surrender...

This aint arma 3, ill say it over an over till people get it in there skulls
I 100% agree with this, I feel as if some people who were not the best at Arma have come on FiveM very angry indeed and as its not a skilled based game like Arma they are trying to be what they could NOT be on Arma III. 

@ShadowDirector I feel like if you're friends went out for an ice cream, you'd go out for a cone. You know what I'm getting at? You're missing the point. I should have just left my whole paragraph out about me absolutely destroying 3 guys (with friends in the area) because it doesn't have anything to do with it.

THIS WAS A SUGGESTION ABOUT ADDING SMG ANIMATIONS.

Do you like the idea? And if you're next comment is about me not valuing my life and not about the original suggestion I WILL UNSUBSCRIBE TO YOUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL.

Well, everyone seems to hate on you for what you did yet in my opinion all that video shows is how fast you can pull a ranged weapon from your ass-hole in 0.2 seconds, in comparison to the 5 seconds or so it takes to pull out a pistol it should be changed in my opinion to balance ALL WEAPONS INCLUDING MELEE  as for your suggestion I give it a +1 

Well, everyone seems to hate on you for what you did yet in my opinion all that video shows is how fast you can pull a ranged weapon from your ass-hole in 0.2 seconds, in comparison to the 5 seconds or so it takes to pull out a pistol it should be changed in my opinion to balance ALL WEAPONS INCLUDING MELEE  as for your suggestion I give it a +1 
Thank you, finally someone addressed the suggestion.

Let's keep this suggestion thread on topic. If you have something constructive to say about this suggestion, feel free to do so. Otherwise please refrain from commenting.

This applies to everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
...I was banned but it made me think.
There. Is. A. God!

Gun draw animations, and the whole rights of gun-license-holders and how guns are carried, stored, transported and generally used legally vs legally, is something under constant review. However, between us, dev-wise, we only have twenty fingers, and ten of them are currently engaged in writing this message.

Consider it a valid suggestion, and bear in mind it's something we're constantly reviewing. Until, however, all the stuff that stops players being total dicks is built and tested and implemented into the game, there is but one mechanism left that can prevent that; the player themself.

There. Is. A. God!

Gun draw animations, and the whole rights of gun-license-holders and how guns are carried, stored, transported and generally used legally vs legally, is something under constant review. However, between us, dev-wise, we only have twenty fingers, and ten of them are currently engaged in writing this message.

Consider it a valid suggestion, and bear in mind it's something we're constantly reviewing. Until, however, all the stuff that stops players being total dicks is built and tested and implemented into the game, there is but one mechanism left that can prevent that; the player themself.
So are SMG drawing animations in the works? Or did I read this wrong. Also I have 21 fingers.

Maybe. Probably. Definitely not surprised. I'll bet they are all thumbs, and 19 of them are rectally inserted 59% of the time. Fewer, when you're doing pushups.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back