What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Remove restraint glitching rule

Aethon

Remove restraint glitching rule

Detailed Rule Suggestion:

If I understand correctly the current release restraints script triggers if a restrained person is not interacted with for 5 minutes. This should be a mechanic not an exploit - you shouldn't be able to leave someone in a building for 15 minutes and ignore then while you have a gunfight, as they could be said to have 'wriggled out'. This still allows for long hostage situations so long as the hostage is interacted with at least once every 5 minutes. Even if restraints are released from the capturer being killed, you should take a hostage's guns if you're worried about then shooting you. Basically this stops people from ignoring prisoners, and gives those restrained a chance other than being completely at the mercy of their capturers ONLY IF they are ignored for too long.

Outline how your rule will improve the server/community:

Less being forced to stare at a wall for 15 minute utes during a gunfight, and more interaction during hostage situations.

Think about any bad points your rule suggestion might have:

Really can't think of any tbh, other than it being slightly more difficult to keep prisoners.

What punishment if any should breach of this rule have:

None, this suggestion is to remove a rule.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have so many points I could use against this, but I will shorten them down to the few ones that could fix this, right here and now;

• For gunfights, stop getting into gunfights all the time = less of you being in restrainst
  • For hostage situations, be smarter, go with friends = less chance of you being taken hostage
  • Would make restraining someone during fights worthless, 5 minutes go past very quickly, and most rebels dont have space for a extra gun in their backpack and police cant because invisible backpack = the restrained, now unrestrained guy can just freely go shoot someone again
  • Be more organised, be smarter, have your friends or allies try to get you free..
  • Have you ever tried to 'wriggle out' of zipties or handcuffs? No? Try it, I promise you that you wont be able to, as long as theire not put on sloppy. Hella unrealistic.
Does this look like you can wriggle yourself out of?

break-zip-tie-main.png
preview.jpg

Goes without saying, this is my personal opinion and comment, not on behaf of Staff...

• Have you ever tried to 'wriggle out' of zipties or handcuffs? No? Try it, I promise you that you wont be able to, as long as theire not put on sloppy. Hella unrealistic.
Have you ever had handcuffs on your wrists and been unable to move? - Walk or run

Even with cuffs on your feet you are still able to walk, albeit a lot slower and with less coordination.

I would suggest walking in handcuffs as something completely seperate but IDK if that is even possible without modding

I have so many points I could use against this, but I will shorten them down to the few ones that could fix this, right here and now;

• For gunfights, stop getting into gunfights all the time = less of you being in restrainst
  • For hostage situations, be smarter, go with friends = less chance of you being taken hostage
  • Would make restraining someone during fights worthless, 5 minutes go past very quickly, and most rebels dont have space for a extra gun in their backpack and police cant because invisible backpack = the restrained, now unrestrained guy can just freely go shoot someone again
  • Be more organised, be smarter, have your friends or allies try to get you free..
Does this look like you can wriggle yourself out of?

Goes without saying, this is my personal opinion and comment, not on behaf of Staff...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

😆

Did you even see how sloppy he put on those zipties on himself? Theres a massive gap there!

(EDIT: I did watch the full video now, he does tighten them. But, on the server your arms gets ziptied on the back. You cant use that method.. 😆)

And for the handcuffs, yes, it is alot easier when you have your hands infront of you, instead of how you actually WOULD have them (behind your back), where your are physically restricted from doing certain movements with your arms because of how the body is. 

Instead of finding silly youtube videos to try to destroy my point, go try it yourself and you will see how hard that would be. 

😆

Did you even see how sloppy he put on those zipties on himself? Theres a massive gap there!

(EDIT: I did watch the full video now, he does tighten them. But, on the server your arms gets ziptied on the back. You cant use that method.. 😆)

And for the handcuffs, yes, it is alot easier when you have your hands infront of you, instead of how you actually WOULD have them (behind your back), where your are physically restricted from doing certain movements with your arms because of how the body is. 

Instead of finding silly youtube videos to try to destroy my point, go try it yourself and you will see how hard that would be. 
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I might not be able to do this but my character is a professional rebel, not a 16 year old kid... these are not impossibly complicated maneouvers and all take less than 5 minutes.
Besides, this suggestion is about balance, not realism.

Now, find a video of someone with a combat vest, thick military clothes and a huge backpack on doing just this.. You take the piss = I take the piss.

Seriously, should this rule be accepted it will only strengthen the gunfight happy rebels who are not here for roleplay at all. This is a ROLEPLAY server.

Now, find a video of someone with a combat vest, thick military clothes and a huge backpack on doing just this.. You take the piss = I take the piss.

Seriously, should this rule be accepted it will only strengthen the gunfight happy rebels who are not here for roleplay at all. This is a ROLEPLAY server.
No, this will prevent the (predominantly police) tactic of restraining someone and leaving them in a shed while you go have a shooty-shooty, instead forcing interaction between capturer and prisoner.

A better rule to enforce that surely is to make it so that if you restrain someone you have to talk to them/entertain them? Right? 

A better rule to enforce that surely is to make it so that if you restrain someone you have to talk to them/entertain them? Right? 
That's literally what the script does, it only releases the prisoner if they're not interacted with for 5 minutes.

I've seen the issues around this suggestion, I'll make a mechanic change suggestion later.

Back