What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Enough is Enough all (Rant Beware)

Okay, now this is going to be contriversal and theres always going to be someone trying to throw shade to this topic but the drop in Roleplay the past few months has been upsetting. it seems in order to escape these stupid initiation and posionous attitude from factions and rebels its red or greenzones. Its got to the point where some people will begin their initiation without any form of greeting. 

Now its a combat game i see some thinking... Well i would say this, we play Altis life and not King of the hill for a reason, to have more interaction than spraying everyone down. We all know there is no gain from gunfights really(Unless doing tasks missions etc) Infact i would bet that the majority of players run out of money due to restocking gear. 

Correct me if im wrong but would we not enjoy fighting with purpose, being able to drive cars without the threat of someone trying to flash their manliness  in your face. 

Why have i posted about this?? Because no matter how many of the bad ones you report more form. I believe mostly i want to see others perspective on this topic, has RPUK became the home of toxicity or do i take it to personally? I just struggle to find enjoyment from others sadness (Robbing people) not that i dont do it ever, i just dislike the despare in most new players voices when they cant complete a bloody copper run without being harrased. 

If your a big gang OWN IT. That doesnt mean everyone needs to die, people are aware your numbers are dangerous and most with propper roleplay will submit. but putting people on the spot with hands up this is a robbery it doesnt allow the person to see reason, we dont need to rush our player to player interactions. this is how mistakes are made a rules are broken. 

Police, Why do you have to be orientated to shooting people and disgues it with performing your job? It seems its always defended as i want to save the most lives but at a cost of more lives? its a contradiction really. Police have the means to do actual police work, get thenselves into interesting situations. Investigate reported criminals. 

This being said i do believe more could be done server end to encourage police to be more judical than murderous. 

Posiden, we get it your big and scary, but why do your laws change per member? i was once told that mohawk is illegal then told the opposite. I was told not to diamonds as its stealing, then i get told its legal, and not to do salt. Agree'd when it comes to gunfights you get Sh*t done but like previously said this RPUK not KOTH, we need unique experiences creativity not more bullies. Also, there is no need to break RP when dying, screaming SHOOT ME IN THE HEAD when downed isnt roleplay, its pathetic. 

In conclusion, I would like all whom can see truth in this to join me in working hard to improve mine and others experience by staying away from the robotic routine which has been going on for somee time now. Creativity is more fun than competion. Try it.. i promise you wont be disappointed. Also please stop breaking roleplay if you feel someones broken a rule, theres a time and a place to solve it, and if i have just taken the loot from your high grade weed run i dont want you to be screaming RDM Fail RP or whatever. Especially because 9/10 your just annoyed and there was no rulebreak, you just convince your self its the other persons error instead of them being the better man. 

But in the confidence of no unhappy endings, enjoy this banger ! 

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
If i may reply with my own person opinion on the topic of the police.

Police, Why do you have to be orientated to shooting people and disgues it with performing your job? It seems its always defended as i want to save the most lives but at a cost of more lives? its a contradiction really. Police have the means to do actual police work, get thenselves into interesting situations. Investigate reported criminals. 

This being said i do believe more could be done server end to encourage police to be more judical than murderous. 
Now i in no way speak for the police i only speak for myself and my interactions i have had. 

One situation I had tonight myself and CI Willis we're only starting our patrol from Kavala when we seen a few medics so we stopped and had a small chat witch was interrupted by me being one tapped in the head by an MXM SW from Kavala castle as there was an AR cache going on (That myself and Willis did not know about) that being said obviously yes we maybe should have been more observant but at the same time 2 cops standing beside 2 NHS members like use common sense and put 2 and 2 together now at the same time this shut down our RP scenario as the NHS had to run away and I spent a good 10 mins on the ground. 

But the next scenario i had was at Glass Trader i think when I simply wanted to have a chat with someone running away with a gun on there back when I eventually caught up to them I had a decent RP scenario of me just taking there gun and ammo and sending them on there way. (I will say it was more detailed than that but you get the gist of it) At no point did I say "hands up or tase" or "stop or be met with appropriate force" I have in the past but again different scenario. 

So what im trying to say is some cops like myself just want to RP and not get into a gunfight but to do that it requires Civs, Posiden,  and other cops to play fair and balanced. Most days I like to sit in Kavala police station just RPing as a cop at a desk to bring some life to the station.  

wow thanks @temp Corrrie Healy to be honest i suppose playing souly as a rebel makes you see things one sided. Im sorry this happened to you. and 100% i agree, its not everyone for example PC Anonymous Mosquito, SGT Pheonix, Proxeum, INS Tom Roberts. These are some of the medics and police officers who i applaud for their roleplay. 

But your point is incredibly valid to this topic as i call for all sides rebels cops posiden to really look at as a oppurtunity to do more with our time. Ofcourse the problem will be never be eradicated but if we can atleast get our most active and loyal groups and players to see something useful from this conversation. 

Most importantly i want those who think like me on this matter to know that there are others trying to redeem realism in RPUK, and awareness is the first step forward.

Hey there mate. I could honestly not agree more with some things you said! I only came back to the server very recently, as I was on a break for about 5 months, but even before that, what you are mentioning here was a problem for me too and still is.

What you said in terms of poseidon, only speaking for myself here and maybe a few others, there is a lot of unnecessary shooting and hostility happening on a day to day basis, as in every faction at this point, but I can assure you that we also got quite a few people that are actively looking for roleplay for hours.

For example, myself and a few others did barely anything else for the last 2 days but drive around near kavala, looking to start some enjoyable roleplay for us and other people. And even tho some people ended up dying during it, everyone enjoyed the roleplay and sillyness beforehand which lasted up to an hour each time.

In terms of you receiving false statements from different members of poseidon, all I can say is that most people know their business and if in any doubt, listen to what the higher rank says.

I will happily make a request to bring up a little reminder of what is and what is not illegal at this sundays meeting tho and if you ever feel like starting some roleplay action, feel free to hit me up whenever I´m online... If there is a gunfight going on at the time, give me 10 mins and I´ll be dead, so I´m usually free for some spontanious RP 😅😜

May you have a great day with loads of chatting and little shooting!

i was once told that mohawk is illegal then told the opposite
Oh please. We had this discussion before and I’ll say it again. The massive fucking .50 cal was the illegal thing which you were trying to sling load, not the helicopter itself. 

. I was told not to diamonds as its stealing, then i get told its legal, and not to do salt.
We changed our laws to mix it up a bit. At one point salt AND diamonds were illegal, then we altered it to diamonds being legal to change up what runs people were encouraged to do. 

then we altered it to diamonds being legal to change up what runs people were encouraged to do. 
Well that and because diamonds was supposed to be moved to make way for the new base.

The server has gone tits up but just like everyone has been saying for months, it’s because we’re all bored. The only reason people come back and play right now is because of the people they know here. I know a lot of people are starting to go elsewhere so they can still enjoy Arma life and have things to do, but it’s a shame that they need to.

Roleplay standards on the server have always had their ups and downs. While there are a few good roleplay ears out there, there are also a great number of people who find the gunfight side of things enticing too. 

One thing that always bugged me is the complaints for lack of roleplay but come up with a potential scenario and often it gets shut down quickly. Wether that be "its too boring" "I hear it alot" "we need a certain person to authorise that." "that demand is a bit complex"  (example, filling something with useless items like crumpets or smokes) 

We hear all the complaints for lack of roleplay but what do we do to reward it? 

Nothing. 

Yes people do have the same standard drivel variations of initiation but again, what is done to guide them? 

Someone might say "get in that vehicle, drive off and we will disable it" 

I say "get out the car or I'm going to put a round through the engine" I'd give a wee chase screaming aggressive shit like "if a catch you wee man am gunna split yer head open like a creme egg pull over" (I know this is not initiation but it adds atmosphere.

I was told not to diamonds as its stealing, then i get told its legal, and not to do salt.

• We decided at one point we will make every legal run originating or ending within our lands "illegal" in Poseidon eyes so that makes Diamonds,Salt and so on all illegal in our eyes.However we have changed that slightly since and we are once again allowing people to do it for free or a small fine.
  • Poseidon member have the ability to decide on the spot on their own whether or not they allow you to go about your business or not (within reason).
Correct me if im wrong but would we not enjoy fighting with purpose
I completely agree i hate pointless gunfights that have no real meaning other than certain people being bored.

Ive read all the responses and to this topic and generally all that i was planning to say was pretty much mentioned but ill say it anyway:

People are bored there is a lack of things to do if you are an old member of this community because the chances are you tried it all and a lot of times.

Sometimes people are just in a mood sometimes hence why the aggression.

I personally don't mind people wanting to pick a fight as long as there's some sort of interaction with a meaning as to why its going to kick off. I do enjoy shooting people as much as the next man but i just hate pointless fights and sometimes prefer to just talk.

As Samantha mentioned there is a huge variety of all kinds of people within any faction really. It really depends on who you run into and on what day and whatnot.There are some that will talk to you and have a laugh ,there are some that will be more aggressive there will be some that will be a mixture of all but in my opinion that's what makes it appealing and not boring , you just never know how its going to go, roleplay is unique and ever changing within 1 situation it can take a 180° turn within a sentence.

Main reason why i stayed so long was the people not the development not the server ,if there weren't this many great people around i would have been long gone.

Oh please. We had this discussion before and I’ll say it again. The massive fucking .50 cal was the illegal thing which you were trying to sling load, not the helicopter itself. 
There you go big NO in terms of whats allowed in Poseidon lands same with ifrits. Helicopters aren't illegal in our lands and never were or will be .

Having been a member of this community for just over five years now i can from my experience it's always been a bit up and down. 

You get good experiences and bad experiences all of the time, the bad experiences tend to be more often but when you good experience it can be amazing. People should always strive to give there best most interesting roleplay where possible, obviously this doesn't always happen but if you continue to do it, it'll eventually rub off on others and set a good example for other members of the community. Alot of the time when i played as a civilian my experiences where pretty good, whenever i got "robbed" or "threatened" i'd tend to stand down and go along with them trying to encourage more role play instead of resisting and getting myself killed. One example was i was kidnapped by @Jxshuaa and instead of my guys fighting i decided to tell them to leave us alone so we could negotiate etc which worked out very well in the end and we had a good roleplay experience, if i had resisted for example and decided to fight i'd have lost my life and the roleplay would have been the bear minimum, what i'm trying to get at is that it works both ways, even if the person trying to fight you or rob you is putting in zero roleplay just roleplay good back and sometimes it might encourage them to roleplay a bit more, even if it doesn't you've still kept up the standard and done a good job. I recently joined the NHS to mix up my roleplay and i've been thoroughly enjoying it as it's a completely different dyanmic, again you get "good and bad" patients but aslong as you keep doing a good job you've set a good example for others and hopefully people will begin to follow. Consider applying if you already haven't you might enjoy a break from rebel life.

I'll stop rambling on now as i'm currently typing this at work so can't go into as much detail as i like but hopefully reading this might help a little.

I have been playing on and off for the past 6 years. I agree with you up to a point: there will always be trigger happy gangs that are only looking for gunfights, however from what I can see nowadays rules are pretty different from what they used to be couple years ago ; roleplaying standards have increased. Initiations that were valid in the past such as the 5 second countdown have been removed. Lots of new stuff have been added for the whitelisted factions and for the civs in order to make the roleplay better. Medics use soundboards to replicate real toolkits, real surgery devices etc. In the past the medics came,revived you and left. Overall from what I noticed roleplay has evolved on all levels, disregarding the fact that there are some periods that only include gunfights, as history proved, most of the trigger happy gangs get blanked banned in the end so it is just a matter of time.

@Hasil The Bastard I'd like to make a few pointers as ive dedicated my time to both Rebel and Police for a very long time. Ill first speak about rebel:

-You are correct that people may have money problems due to armory but one thing you need to understand is the threat of being robbed, without a gun, you are basically screwed on the island. The police (knowing from experience) unless close cannot respond to your distress call, and its really hard for me to say this (but some officers completely ignore the call) because theres a gunfight they want to partake in. For me robbing is very important financially, I dont make millions out of it, but its WAY better than doing any sort of run due to the police and rebels threatening to take anything you have AWAY! When I play Police, and i.e i see someone have a firearm in their vehicle their doing their run with, I do not take it away unless the person is wanted, this is because this person can be robbed anytime, has no backup and taking his gun away, is like taking a countries army away, their whole defense is lost. I have lose faith in police responding to dispatches, some will come, but 80% of the time they never show or arrive 20 minutes later. I have many opinions on how things should work, example officers are just to OP with their gear, and rebels are too under developed for the current server status. Unless you got 5-6 god shooting friends, you cant play rebel properly. 

I would like to put my opinions out there, but the last time i did that, i was heavily disrespected by members of the police because my ideas would make them more vulnerable and but more fair for the server. Hence why I stopped posting any ideas, because I believe its a waste of time and police will never receive a change. The police are like a owners pet. 

Now i'd like to bring the fact of corruption, the police (in my eyes, BUT i am not the only one who has this opinion) is the most corrupt, you need to be liked by higher ups to get to a high position, and actions against these acts of treason are not taken seriously, Ive had friends leave the police/community because of it, and it disgusts me that the staff team who are here to maintain the community in a steady fashion cannot do anything, because the level of corruption in police is beyond roleplay, it has led to people leaving the community because of it. But I dont say anything because I dont want to be targeted, or kicked out for having opinions. 

Thats the end of it, I have more to say but wont, because again (waste of my time) and secondly no one really is interested in what I have to say.  

I do love a good interaction, just need ego's to go down when it comes to the RP though, cannot even RP before you've been told to place your hands up or be shot / tasered.

Hi I'm Teddy Wrinkle,

I would like to say that if you roll around with a big gang open carrying weapons it somewhat limits the amount of interactions you are going to have. As a Beggar, I don't often find myself too scared due to me having no money or gear to loose. As such, I will happily have a chat and take any money given to me, I would also stick my hands up at the first sight of trouble.

However, not everyone is going to be in the same boat, if someone has just spent the last 40 mins on a run and see a group of armed hooligans running around they are most likely not going to want to stay and chat. I can understand for these people they might prefer to die than to be robbed again and see their hard earned cash going up the wall. If anyone feels the server lacks RP, put down the guns and gear for a while and see what life can really be like.

In terms of the police, if you are rude and argue you are likely going to receive the same response back. I try to be polite when seeing officers and have found them to be decent members of the island, I guess its just mutual respect. The NHS have always been excellent, couldn't have a bad word for them even if I tried. Poseidon I find are decent people under the mask, I appreciate the gang lifestyle has taken its toll on them and on more than one occasion they have broken down in front of me for a good cry. Try not to be too hard on them.

I guess what I am trying to say is, if people think things have got worse, take a step back to your hobo roots when life could be fun. Remember the old times of being excited to be kidnaped; when using your mouth was your best weapon and you couldn't shoot someone even if they were stood right in front of you. 

With love

Teddy Wrinkle, that's me.                

Before I even start this post, I would like to say, that this is my own opinion, not an opinion from an entire faction.

Most of the things written is true. There's people looking for gunfights, no denying that, and there's people looking purely for roleplay. Personally, I'd rather have a good RP situation than a gunfight, even though I still like a gunfight once in a while. I just think the issue at the moment is that, there's some members of police, which is different depending on who you ask, that purely want the upper hand when it comes to dealing with people. That could be going to the airport looking to take peoples gun right after restart, which I personally believe is a dicky move, since it's difficult to explain yourself out of it. 

But on the other hand, there's also both gangs and members of Poseidon looking for the upper hand, so they can take someone hostage, etc, which is just a part of the experience. I can't count how many times I've been taken hostage, especially lately. 

The thing is, most people tend to get a negative feeling for the server, due a certain group of people, just looking for gunfights one way or another, now, I have my own personal opinion of who I believe it is, some have different opinions, which is completely fair. But, just because of that certain group of people, it shouldn't be a leading factor to ruining the fun, just try and forget about that certain situation once it's done, either you win or loose. 

But, as @Teddy Winkle mentioned, try and think back on previous situations you've had, which you've enjoyed, and try and create just as interesting situations. I personally look back at the times I've been caught breaking into the AR Cache, which was purely for the fun of it, and to get some roleplay going. I can think of a ton of different excuses I've made,  with the hopes of not getting a ticket or sent to prison. I even used the excuse once, that I shot down my pigeon, and it flew in through the window. I also once said, that I had left my pet (A person from Altis Response) in there, and was here to get him out. 

So, your best weapon, when it comes to situations is as @CSI Nomad mentioned, stick to your chosen RP story, just because the person doesn't want to play a long, doesn't mean you shouldn't, because, you're simply making it more difficult for that person to "shut down" your RP story and get the upper hand. If you're a maintenance worker about to do some maintenance on Kavala bridge, stick to it, and if you want, you could even call either Police or Poseidon and get them to help with protection, and trust me, I can think of a ton of people from both factions wanting to help. Just keep in mind, the current relation ship between police and Poseidon is better than it used to be, but it might still get heated once in a while.

if you ever feel like starting some roleplay action, feel free to hit me up whenever I´m online...
I will hold u to that one mate

Id just like to add a note for thought, but firstly i am amazed by all the people getting involved with this post and openly sharing your opinion. But any way, id like to hear your thoughts on a scenario like this. You are selling weed 4-5 hemmit trucks with you, when one guy starts running in circles initiating on you, clearly running so he cant get dropped, but as we all know has no realistic image at all, Do we believe this is a good adaption to the formalities of the Game or is this something that should be stopped? 

One thing i believe strongly is that if people can get away with it they will do it, if this something thats gone to far? it can frustrate me when i would rather desculate an initiation rather than esculate 

Well that and because diamonds was supposed to be moved to make way for the new base.

The server has gone tits up but just like everyone has been saying for months, it’s because we’re all bored. The only reason people come back and play right now is because of the people they know here. I know a lot of people are starting to go elsewhere so they can still enjoy Arma life and have things to do, but it’s a shame that they need to.
Bruh you a snitch, just kidding 😄

To be honest, nice rant but you will get used to it. It took me like 2 years to get used to. All parties are at fault and like Krispy said there is nothing to do and people got bored then they start having gunfights. I believe I have said it before but people are taking the game too personal, like everyone is out to get everyone. Purposefully pick on a certain group and so forth, Poseidon is probably the most neutral faction of all. There was a time Police just focused on us, raiding our base, initiating on us right away and then we wanted revenge and solely focused on Police and we get into a loop.

@TheCap I really enjoyed reading your response and your honesty is applauded, In addition to police choosing gunfights over distress call, i have witness a police unit respond to a gas station robbery then mid way run to the car to go join in a gun fight. Mid while we were robbing it, we where flabagasted to say the least, when we rob banks/fuel stations we try to do it peaceful which means we much find a discussion we can lure the cop into to make him believe we are helping not robbing, this is one of my favourite things to do. One more situation thats happened to me, Robbing a gas staion about to hand over our (Homemade papers) Which basically we typed up as something to hand over which can validate what we tell the police for the reason of the alarm being set off, anyway when the police responded without even counting the amount of people or doing a risk assesment, we were initated on and fired upon. during this whole situation we did not shoot 1 bullet where as the officers fired atleast 80+ through walls so determined to kill us. Its situations like this that bring dispear for me. 

I know we all have a part to play in how situations go down, but to be denied of a roleplay situation is one of the worst things about this server. 

One more thing i want everyone to discuss, Police & Posiden working together???? 

I cant be alone here when i see police and posiden joining forces to take down criminals or just to get the one up on someone, Frankly this is the worst thing possible for these factions to do. I believe we see this as what its not we are doing ROLE Play So if your role is in a cartel or in a police force, your not going to dance with the devil. 

Please can someone tell me ive over exadurated and theres a good excuse for a cartel and police to work together(Apart from bering on the payroll) 

One more thing i want everyone to discuss, Police & Posiden working together???? 

I cant be alone here when i see police and posiden joining forces to take down criminals or just to get the one up on someone, Frankly this is the worst thing possible for these factions to do. I believe we see this as what its not we are doing ROLE Play So if your role is in a cartel or in a police force, your not going to dance with the devil. 

Please can someone tell me ive over exadurated and theres a good excuse for a cartel and police to work together(Apart from bering on the payroll) 
Dude relax, its a game, there are times where people work together, we worked with Poseidon sometimes robbing AR together or the bank (and typical Poseidon stabs us in the back first chance they get). On the rarest occasion, we might 'help' the police to fight Poseidon.

Back