What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Tanoa?

Boyd Colt

I have been told that there has been an RPUK Tanoa server in the past. I have never seen it myself. BUT, I really would love to play on it Roleplay wise. 

It's a beautiful map. The jungles and islands would make fun police chases and gunfights. Also hostage rp would be fun. 
I know what people will say not everyone has the DLC i know. I really think it would make a lot of the burnt out players come back and old players and current ones may want to go over for something new. Could even add new runs like coco plants as there are plantations on the map and shipping? could use boats to ship around goods. I would even be happy to start fresh on it. I think this would open up a lot more fresh ideas, new players and RP situations. Maybe a new drug cartel could take the bottom Island? "Bridge pass?" 

Let me know what you think. Also if there was one before why did it not stay? 

If you don't want this then say why in the comments. Also why you do want it. Then maybe if enough people want it then we could make an official suggestion and revive Tanoa RP life!

Staff and Development are juggling a lot at the moment, and working on starting Tanoa again would be like getting on a mono-cycle whilst still juggling.

Tanoa fell off after a while because a lot of people found it very grindy, and also at one stage there was this permanent fog glitch. 

Maybe after GTARP and Dayz has settled they might consider it but I doubt very much they'll bring it back for now. I'd like to see it back, It could do well because there's isn't really any Tanoa lives out there so there's not much competition.

I'd love to see if its possible that 2 servers (Altis Life & Tanoa Life) could share the same Database. Make it so UNMC have returned and are in Tanoa controlling the south west island and possibly a new faction (?) control another island as well as the police

It won't happen again.

They tried it before and it failed miserably, no one liked the economy and with the current situation on peak times the server only have 80 players, it's unlikely they will try and split the server population even more.

I wouldn't say it failed miserably but some people are just always negative! (no names mentioned) People had fun and enjoyed some great Roleplay so it was worth the time.

However to bring it back would demand a lot of development time which I have previously said we do not have, I am also not sure if we want to split our Arma 3 playerbase at this point also.

Get me 100-200 players here waving the Tanoa national flag and we will talk!

9unth22JSbkMURS2rlM_2cvQpQ9BKUPvb1jUvNZHZcA.jpg

just need 99-199 more

Last edited by a moderator:
9unth22JSbkMURS2rlM_2cvQpQ9BKUPvb1jUvNZHZcA.jpg

95-195 to go 🙂
Tanoa practically died the second is came out. It was populated for the first few weeks, then everyone went back to Altis. Pretty much every community (Even ones not associated with arma) wanted and tried to develope for Tanoa, was a big waste of time. I think making it a paid DLC map was the issue.

It's a shame because Tanoa is really detailed, and much much better than Malden. I would of really loved a long term Tanoa experience

However to bring it back would demand a lot of development time which I have previously said we do not have,
Did you not save the old mission file and features? Like the XP thing

As much as Tanoa is a great map, in some ways better than Altis, it is still a DLC map which a lot of people don't have, and the overgrowth and jungle would make some things a pain to deal with, for example it would require a lot of walking but obviously you can't land there and you can barely drive through the jungle even if there is a trail, police and other whitelisted factions wouldn't be able to cover the whole island as not all are connected by bridges and there isn't always spare NPAS or MPU on to give you a lift to another island, and generally I don't think it is good for life RP, milsim's and antistasi's yes but there is just too many things about the map that would make life RP on Tanoa a pain, and referring to my first point you can see there is no mods which are easier to get than Apex in-a-sense, so while yeah it would be nice to have a new map I just don't think it will happen and if it did would probably die quite soon after launch as Altis would have better numbers therefor people would return to Altis.

Back