What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Snowball Ice Mic

Teddy Winkle

Banned
Hi I'm Teddy Wrinkle, 

Due to a recent Begging / AR Cash spree I have been able to purchase a Blue Snowball Ice Microphone, I had a browse through some threads and it seemed to have some good reviews. If anyone has one of these Mics or something similar is there any tips on how to get the best sound quality? 

Thanks in advance,

Teddy Wrinkle, that's me. 

The annoying thing about the blue snowball ice is that it picks up everything. I could knock on the wall 20ft away and it would pick it up. But overall it’s decent.

For mine though it just sounds weird when I use it, my voice doesn’t sound so beautiful and so I use a program to try and improve it. It’s a bit of a tedious program at times but it does help to improve the sound and quality of the mic quite a lot with also other options to prevent the mic picking up them sounds 20ft away. If you have the mic now then I’d suggest looking up voicemeeter banana on YouTube for a quick look at how it is. 

It is a decent mic for the price though and maybe mine is just a bit defective.

Thank you @Rice Krispy, I was hoping it wouldn't pick up background noise as I don't like wearing a headset. Does voicemeeter banana work live or is that only useful for recordings?

Teddy Wrinkle, that's me. 

As Rice mentions - it picks up literally everything. You can hear people at the other side of your house arguing at times - the microphone is really sensitive. However - It's a great microphone and serves you well - I would highly recommend it after roughly a year and a half of using it without any issues. I'm sure there are softwares that can help with this - just make sure to take it into account 🙂 

Voicemeeter works live, just gotta have the program running all the time. Make sure to watch a few tutorials first to make sure you set it up right though. Also, it might be best to test your mic out with a friend or something on TS to ensure your quality is good

theres always the settings in sound control pannel that can make the voice threshold higher to also reduce background noise

Thanks all, have had a fiddle with voicemeter, someone on YouTube helpfully shared their settings file so hoping its all worked out well.

Not sure what its called but the Black Blue Snowball had 3 different pick up options on the back

Back