What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Change NAT type to type 2 on mobile hotspot

KingyMan3337

Hello there nice to meet you all! 

Just wondering if anyone knows how to change the NAT type to type 2 on a mobile device when using mobile hotspot to play games on my ps4. Its type 3 atm with this set up and having no luck at all in trying to connect to a networking game. 

My broadband is down atm so I cant use that so I'm having to resort to this method. It's very frustrating haha. I have been in contact with my provider vodafone and they said there is nothing they can do about changing the NAT type. They said to contact sony or phone manufacturer. And they said to contact phone provider haha. Going round in circles here. And as I can see atm there is no solid solution to this to resolve it. 

I was on EE previously before vodafone and they changed it to type 2 a couple year ago so there is something they are not telling maybe? 

Anyway I really hope someone could help me with this please I am really bored here in isolation here with all this virus pandemic happening and gaming makes it more bearable for the most part.

Thanks for reading and stay safe out there with all this virus stuff going on 🙂

@Rice Krispy hello mate the methods dont work. I've tried them all different kinds of ways of entering subnet mask and IP address and still nothing. They seem to be for people with a router that's doing the methods u showed me. I do have one it's just my internet is down and dont know when it will be back with all what's going on. So the only way to game online is use my mobile hotspot on my smartphone to play online on my ps4. Its type 3 the NAT type atm when it should be type 2 and type 3 is that restricted I cant even get into a game on anything that has online gaming that's how crap it is haha. Do you know any ways for mobile hotspots/phone tethering to change to NAT type 2 please? Thanks

Back