What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Unban Appeal - Kieran Snow - 03/30/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieran Snow

In-game Name
Gustavo Gaviria

Steam ID 76561198134134666

The date of your ban.
03/28/20

Member of the team that banned you.
Daanv

Reason given for your ban.
Perm/Perm

Where was you banned
Altis Life

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.
In all honestly, can't remember the particular reason as to why I was banned and so I'll list how I remember the situation happening.

So I was at a gas station with a few friends as we had just robbed it. Naturally a few players started to show up in cars etc as there usually would, I then go to drive off and then a guy runs in front of my car and says something which I can't even hear with a weapon holstered on his back - because he runs into my car he falls over and then I drive off thinking nothing off it other than him messing around. 5 seconds later his friend start shooting at me and I start firing back because of the fact I had no idea why I was even being shot at in the first place. I remember being pissed off with the fact cause there was no role play within the situation at all in any way and there was definitely no form of initiation: this is pretty much my first return to ARMA for a year or so. It was a pretty shit way to start for me and I admit I did overreact and took it out of proportion in the text chat but I think a perm ban is pretty extreme for such a situation with no full explanation or warning as to why it's justified as a permanent ban.

I don't have masses of information to provide surrounding the situation because I'm kinda ill informed around the whole thing myself so feel free to contact me regarding any further questions or inquiries if needed and I can try my best to help. I understand I did wrong, but I don't think I got what I deserved in that respect.

Why should we unban you ?
I think I should be unbanned (or atleast have my ban turned into a temporary ban) cause I genuinely think that it's a bit extreme for what I did - yes I acknowledge I did wrong. I was looking forward to starting to get back into arma again and start to grind on a server which I've known about and played on and off for years and my time got cut short to say the least. I believe I can do better to make sure I don't come across a situation like this again but that's as much justification I can really provide for my unban as there isn't a lot to argue.

Either way, hope to hear back soon. Thanks.

Please confirm this unban request is for you.
Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

I confirm this is not a temporary ban as those are not appealable

Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read our rules
Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
21:56 28/03/2020 (Unknown) Gustavo Gaviria: fucking mongrel
21:56 28/03/2020 (Unknown) Gustavo Gaviria: apparently thats initiation
21:57 28/03/2020 (Unknown) Gustavo Gaviria: braindead freak
21:57 28/03/2020 (Unknown) Gustavo Gaviria: actually adopted

Is this how you normally treat people? We've had enough of people like this through the years. Lots of times its a recurring thing. Please find the 1.3 rule you were banned for, come back here and quote it. Then explain how what you did not falls under that, seeing that you seem a perm ban is too extreme.

So, if this is what you're looking for then I shall state the following:

(1.3) Swearing at someone outside of roleplay with malicious intent, will not be tolerated

In no way, shape or form does this mention a permanent ban. I agree with the fact that it was wrong and I fully understand your view point as to it being a recurring thing with many - if there was data to show correlation it would strongly reflect that. However, in the rules there is no mention of a permanent ban against this (I am aware there is holds a degree of discretion) and so that's really all I can give you other than my word on the fact it wont happen again from me if I get another chance, and I feel that I should've been able to get at least a message attached to the ban regarding why a permanent ban was justified as opposed to a temporary ban. 

An example of such a rule tied to an instant permanent ban is as follows:

(1.4) Any threat to, or harassment of, any person, or the community, will not be tolerated. Depending on the context of the threat we will fully assist the UK police with their enquiries. - Permanent Ban

Then explain how a permanent ban falls under 1.3 other than discretion, seeing as it seems to be a struggle to identify your own rules and punishments without being a little passive aggressive whilst dealing with a simple unban appeal.

Many thanks.

Then explain how a permanent ban falls under 1.3 other than discretion, seeing as it seems to be a struggle to identify your own rules and punishments without being a little passive aggressive whilst dealing with a simple unban appeal.
cause this not about rules and how we implement or enforce them. this is about you not conducting to the rules. 
rules discussions can be done Here

So what procedure will you follow next time, if you think someone broke a rule? 

Please find the 1.3 rule you were banned for, come back here and quote it. Then explain how what you did not falls under that, seeing that you seem a perm ban is too extreme.
Rules discussions shouldn't be requested by a previous staff member for me to quote it in that case and ask me to justify as to why I feel I should be unbanned.

Either way, I'm well aware of the procedure to follow in reporting that member of the community for breaking a rule. However, I was lacking a key part of that, which was evidence. I know for a fact action couldn't have been taken without proof and I wasn't recording because to be quite honest, I didn't expect my first experience back on the server after a long period to instantly come across such a poor RP situation where there was lack of actual initiation and so I didn't have the evidence I would need to file a report in the first place. So in the future that's what I will do, making sure I have a valid and well supported case to take to a member of staff.

However, as of now there's not much I can really say other than the fact I can only apologise and make a plea that I won't be doing such a thing again. This thread has seemed to drift away from the actual use of the thread and I have explained my reasons as to why I feel I should be unbanned.

@Kieran Snow I'm sorry, but are you trying to tell us how to do your unban appeal?

Last edited by a moderator:
cause this not about rules and how we implement or enforce them. this is about you not conducting to the rules. 
rules discussions can be done Here
I am simply explaining to Jefke V why I had the discussion around the rule and that I was previously told by you that I was required to state the rule and explain why I think I didn't deserve the permanent ban and that a temporary ban would've been more suitable in my personal opinion. I then explained to him what I would do in the future if I was to come across someone in a similar situation who broke a rule as opposed to getting angry and saying dumb shit quite frankly - as he asked for this. In no way am I trying to tell you how to handle my unban appeal but I'm just explaining that there isn't a lot that I can really say other than what I've already said in my unban appeal and I've answered all of the questions I've received by explaining it and using examples where possible and necessary.

So cause you think someone broke a rule, its okay for you to insult him? 

I admitted in my appeal that I did wrong and that I overreacted and there wasn’t much I could do in my situation for my appeal other than to apologise and hope for a second chance. I never said it was okay to insult him cause I’m well aware I broke a rule and suggested a temporary ban could’ve been more appropriate.

I admitted in my appeal that I did wrong and that I overreacted and there wasn’t much I could do in my situation for my appeal other than to apologise and hope for a second chance.
You also stated in you initial appeal that "In all honestly, can't remember the particular reason as to why I was banned". All your replies after that, and your initial post, has basically just been you arguing the rules and us staff members, not actually showing regret for what you did. Come back when you understand what you did and why it is wrong.

Your appeal has just proven to all that your ban was indeed justified as permanent. Guess some people dont change..

Denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back