What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

RPUK Wellbeing Community Talk

Teddy Winkle

Banned
Event Name: RPUK Wellbeing Community Talk

Description of Event:

Hi I'm Teddy Wrinkle

I am suggesting an event where people can meet up and talk or just come and listen. Ideally this would be a virtual pub held in Altis away from those who don't want to take part. The coronavirus is (to me) not only a virus that attacks our physical health, but it attacks our mental wellbeing as well. For some of us in the community, RPUK can be an escape from all things real world and I understand completely that this event would be the worst thing in the world for them.

This event is aimed only at those who want to talk through their own experiences and share what they are doing to manage and cope with the day to day life we find ourselves in. The event is not to be a theories or medical insights talk, its merely to act as a platform for people to speak to others in a safe space. I am happy to start the talk but really the idea here is that everyone has a chance speak up. It would be good to understand how many people are interested prior as its not going to be much use if I am the only one there.  

I am lucky enough to have a really good support network out there, if you don't and want to chat, even if this event doesn't go ahead reach out to me. 

Teddy Wrinkle, that's me.

Time and date: A Friday at 20:00

Reward: If done correctly, a better wellbeing by the end. 

Requirements from players (i.e. bring vehicle): Just be open and take part, also if you don't want to take part, don't rob/kill anyone who does. 

Required admin assistance: Will leave to staff to see if they feel necessary? 

In my opinion this is a good idea just to share experiences etc. But be mindful not to make it a group therapy session as no one here is qualified for leading that and it can result in doing more harm than good. Just coming together, sharing experiences and all in all just cheering everyone up sounds like a great idea though.

Hi @Nalurah yes, you are exactly right. Its just a vent and hear how others are coping informal chat, with hopefully a bit of fun thrown in. 

Sounds like a great idea, I am up for it! Maybe make some nice mini games for people to just come together? Little races or something in the harbor of Kavala on jetskis? Just silly little things to lighten the mood and get together?

If this would have a large turnout,  the ArmA 3 Voice Codec will probably set itself on fire.

That would be an issue.

Hi @Stavik, yes you might be right, but I think @Nalurah has a good idea about location. If this was on the beach 1. its a nice setting and 2. it could have a few races, quad bikes, jetskis etc that would hopefully spread out the crowd. Could also let people have a little bet on the races if they wanted.  

Sounds like a good idea, and might also be nice to get Police Command and Poseidon Command involved to both help and join the events as well as keep the peace everywhere (including between themselves 😉 )

Back