What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Report a Player - Micheal - Other

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lube

Your In-game name

Lube

Name of the player(s) you are reporting

Micheal

Date of the incident

04/26/20

Time of the incident (GMT)

What best describes this incident ?

Other

Which server did the incident take place on

Altis Life

Please (in detail) describe the incident

(2.6) Combat storing, such as storing a vehicle whilst you are being chased, impounding/scrapping your vehicle to gain an advantage or to otherwise prevent role-play.

We discussed the incident over team-speak however no judgement was made as we both interpreted the rule differently.

The way I saw the incident, "storing a vehicle whilst you are being chased" ... "to gain an advantage".

The fact we had chased the Huron for 5 or so minutes to a number of different locations and trying to land in front of it clearly indicates that we were "chasing" the Huron. It was clear that both parties understood this.

Secondly, by running into a green-zone to seek protection from us as well as storing the vehicle during the chase to then deposit his money was clearly "to gain an advantage". This would have not be given if they had not landed in a green-zone where an interesting role-play robbery scenario could have taken place and where they would not have been protected by the green-zone.

If I have incorrectly misinterpreted the rule, then I do apologise however I wanted to hear it from a staff member.

Link to any evidence (Youtube/Screenshot)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqRmfZPmhmg
This report is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!

Yes

You tried to resolve the situation with the player(s) before reporting

Yes

This is not a revenge report (Abuse will lead to forum/community bans)

Yes

Hello, I'm Michael from the report.

I've experienced both sides of this problem before and my friends and I decided to reach out on the Rules Feedback forum for clarification.

This is our post from January 2019 asking for clarification on the rules.

Relevant to this report we requested clarification on 

(2.6) Combat storing, such as storing a vehicle whilst you are being chased, impounding/scrapping your vehicle to gain an advantage or to otherwise prevent roleplay.
(6.1.6) You must not exploit the green zone to avoid ongoing hostile roleplay. Retreating into a green zone is forbidden.
Aiden responded to the post.

Quoting Aiden on his response to the (2.6) rule

Roleplay must be engaged between both parties before the chase is considered ongoing, simply following a vehicle without any form of interaction outside of the specific MRAP example is not considered "being chased" and as such you may make your way to a greenzone, however if an interaction is made, you may run foul of either: 
I realize the wording of the (2.6) rule has changed since this post but the only addition seems to be impounding/scrapping is now considered breaking (2.6). According to Aiden "Roleplay must be engaged between both parties before the chase is considered ongoing". So, I don't believe this is a chase situation and I'm not abusing combat storing in this case. Also, I would be allowed to return to a green zone in this situation making the combat storing point void as I could just leave my vehicle in the zone without consequence. 

Quoting Aiden on his response to the (6.1.6) rule 

We do not allow "Initiation" from vehicle to vehicle, nor does following someone without engaging in high quality roleplay constitute "chasing" or "ongoing hostile roleplay" negating what I believe to be the crux of this issue as with some of the rules above you have listed.
Again, I don't believe I have breached the rules, as this was not an ongoing hostile situation/ chase.  

I have been called out for retreating to green zones/combat storing a few times since receiving confirmation on the forums. Usually it was brought to TS, I linked them the forum post and that was the end of the situation. One time another admin was called (don't remember name as close to a year ago) and he agreed that the admin post on the forums is correct and is the stance that would be taken in the situation. We had also talked to Ruthless about these rules (as we used to be in Altis Farming and Mining with him). He agreed that whatever was written on the forums is the stance of admins (not direct quote). 

I stopped playing on this server around 5 months after the response to our forum post. I'm unaware of any change to the small text surrounding the rules since then. I believe according to Aiden's response I am in the right here. I don't see why it would have been changed since then without a rewording/addition of the rules.

If that is the case, I apologise for the report and Id quite like to change this "report a player" into a "rules feedback". I always thought otherwise. 

@LubeMan420 I think the rule personally is quite straight forward. I wouldn't have exactly called it a chase due to no RP being exchanged at all, however I will bring the rule up in the next meeting.

Thank you for your report, Unfortunately, it has been declined

The staff member will advise shortly why on this occasion they have declined to take action against the reported player.

Please do not let this put you off making further reports in the future, We rely on our player base to help keep our community clean.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back