What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

How we could make roleplay great again (my story of how did I end up in a gunfight, what I tried to avoid )

VeikkQ

Los Santos Police Senior
Los Santos Police Senior
These is not offence against anybody, like spec unit in police, one gang or faction these is just my feelings with that situation and with this post I would hope get comments how we can have more role play and less gunfights and pointless arguments. End of they how everybody could have fun time in the game and in the server.  We play roleplay to have fun with people.  Sorry I manget make sound offensive. I'm just bad trying make my neutral point as neutral (maybe choice of my words.) as I can. 

I'm bad with gunfights I do not like and that's why I do not play attack and defence or practise shooting skills because If I play games I play them for fun. After all, I want to have fun. That was the reason why I joined RPUK and for me always had fun here. About 2 weeks ago I attended  NCA Close and when my feedback said again 3 years a row "VeikkQ you are bad with shooting and with the practice of your shooting skills you could maybe join in NCA". but then I think why should I try to join something what I maybe would not enjoy and I went into server play as a police officer because I like that.  I got in gunfights and was force reasonable and as a police officer, you should respond stuff like RCA or prison breaks or bank robbery and again reasonable there is a gunfight.  Then because corona, I was busy the last 2 weeks with the school. Little time what I had after school I did not feel like I want login roleplay server, because I felt tired and I was easily frustrated so I know if I go in the server and get situation get killed I would be angry for the fact "I lost situation" or why x people have more weapons or why they do x things I would end up being in liaisons or arguing with did you initiate in the right way. I would not have fun and if I act with my feelings I probably would create an unpleasant roleplay for everybody. So I took 2-week break of everything that happened on the server.  

So yesterday I did not have anything do I felt I want to go roleplay and gave my self a mission I try to create and roleplay storeys and I feel some should win I let them win, and I just don't say like you can not complete bank because that is not a welding machine. So I and my patrol partner end up responding AR weapon cache and it a roleplay one. There is a dog or something inside and person want to move one box because the dog was stuck behind the box. So I let him take the box. Who cares it just one box. I told in a radio NCA patrol we do not need back up. Then another guy.  I told him to leave he said: "I just took one box".  I said no you do not have anything do here please leave. He said: "If you use force against me hostages will die." I went true my mind I should value hostage life and I decided I try to avoid a gunfight as long as I can.  They want command hat and 300k for a hostage (I was kind sure the hostages not just random people, they had promised something for hostages) I did not care about the fact I liked the story and I want to follow my mission carry RP and do not cause a gunfight, but the middle of negotiation they said if you try to use force against me I have 5 gangs around you. I was like that's odd we are not hostile I said: "I don't want shoot  I just want hostages". After that, we agreed with the price.   What next they drove away with the hostage. I was shocked we agreed something I gave what they want they took stuff was like "ups".  My patrol went police station took a boat out decided to have a look around the coastal area of Kavala maybe they drop off the hostage (they could think after hostages police will just shoot them.) However, we found boat give a pursuit we had RHIB they had RHIB so 90 kmh so none of use will not crash or run out of fuel this pursuit will go on and on forever. (Yes you can stop the boat, but it is risky and could end up on VDM). So we called in NPAS to help us and maybe disable the boat. They drove in Island pointed weapons towards us and was hostile towards us (we did not have a weapon out. My weapon was inside about so I had a taser on holster). Then they saw the helicopter and they insisted and after that other officer initiated back (this point my game crash + server was lock so could not log in back). There was a gunfight. After that one of rebels send a message for PCSO and told a issues something I did not hear you're telling me to put the weapon away and you need you complainant my gear. 

So my question is I tried to avoid as a police officer a gunfight let them keep one weapon pack, command hat and 300k, was not hostile, and let them go.  Still, with their actions (maybe as eys or rebel police action on the island) we end up in situations where we had a gunfight. After that, somebody was unhappy what happened demanded money for lost. I just did everybody had fun and was that gunfight necessary. If they hand out the hostages I would let them go. I could "win" the situation as an officer calling backup and causing gunfight. I was thinking a gunfight is not fun and my objective as an officer gets hostages out of alive and I do not care catching criminals. 

My point is could just have fun without gunfights. I hope comments on how you think the police could improve their action (note we can not let every criminal go your job is to keep RBA, people of Altis safe).  What I'm asking for all of you lets create an interesting role play situation, not a gunfight. 

I did care hostage and yes you can argue a giving the chase for 2 random hostages I just want "win" situation. I think just letting 2 random guys go is more than the reasonable goal to me, with that I did not try to cause a gunfight.  

Last edited by a moderator:
This is always a tricky one to be honest dude. 

Police are so used to being fucked over by rebels and rebels are so used to being fucked over by police. 

That creates a shit scenario where even if 1 side of that wants too roleplay but the rebel feels threatened there going to turn it hostile straight away. But lets be honest, a lot of the time people do things like that just for the gunfight... they try and use a bullshit roleplay story and any sign of it not working you get "i have friends and allies in the area" even if "there just looking for a dog"??? 

You can roleplay you heart out but if they dont give you the hostages then what other option do you have. Its that winning mentality everyone has.. and as sure as anything, they didnt win so you get the "come to liaison" 

You can only roleplay with people that want too rolepay and i can assure you anyone that has friends set up aint there too roleplay. 

The thing is, some people want to roleplay, some just want to kill people. Yesterday we send an unarmed negotiator for a hostage to Poseidon, who ended up kidnapped himself and killed with the hostage because they suddenly wanted an ACC instead after the negotiator arrived. There is not much you can do about it but hope that one day you'll find a good RP scenario. I try to rp as much as I can (except for when there is already a gunfight happening, then I tend to ignore the people around me and focus on finding where the enemy is), but then people complain about that.

Just know that there are still people on the server that are trying their best to rp a good scenario, even when they get totally fucked over by everyone.

Some people always want the last word and be able to be 1 up on the other guy. I think people struggle to relaise that they don't have to always win to have fun. 

What irratates me is like your situation. If someones dog is stuck behind a box why would they also have the '5 gangs' set up ready to shoot the Police? Its ludicrous. Personally i feel like everyone needs to chill and not have to feel like winning is the only way to have an enjoyable experiance. 

This sums it up pretty well, unfortunately this community isn’t what it was 2-3 years ago when you could actually roleplay with someone and expect they would rp back - it would be nice for it to go back to how it was but realistically that’s not ever going to happen again 
Idk wtf happened with the forums there but that deffo isn’t what Charles said that’s what I said hahhaha

This is always a tricky one to be honest dude. 

Police are so used to being fucked over by rebels and rebels are so used to being fucked over by police. 

That creates a shit scenario where even if 1 side of that wants too roleplay but the rebel feels threatened there going to turn it hostile straight away. But lets be honest, a lot of the time people do things like that just for the gunfight... they try and use a bullshit roleplay story and any sign of it not working you get "i have friends and allies in the area" even if "there just looking for a dog"??? 

You can roleplay you heart out but if they dont give you the hostages then what other option do you have. Its that winning mentality everyone has.. and as sure as anything, they didnt win so you get the "come to liaison" 

You can only roleplay with people that want too rolepay and i can assure you anyone that has friends set up aint there too roleplay. 
Yah I agree police, rebels situation we need change on that, it is not roleplay server very long if everybody on the server thinks another side will cause a gunfight. It is same as could war when USSR and USA thought one of them will attack soon, what lead in the problems we are in the same situation. I mean if that mind set will go as far as "Let's start a gunfight so other said would not have time to set up".  What you said about winning some times and like you said you need set goals what you want to achieve. If you want money and I want hostage exchange of those goods should be the end of RP situation, but I agree some times there is a people who do not want to end situation fully or just want gunfight. Example there was a group of 10 heavily armed rebels in Agios. They chat with us and try bait gunfight by shooting air etc. As  SPG patrol we decided we do no want gunfight and we don't want to be part of that RP situation.  So they did not insiatet on us, but when we try to leave they said: "if you drive away" we will shoot tiers. So they did not want us to leave, but they did not want RP with us. That kind of situation least I don't see any value or fun factor any said if you just want cause a gunfight. 

My personal solution would be (I know I do not work because people would be angry and leave. / quit the server) How about just took the big weapons away?. Some most people would not have bigger 5.56 or 9mm weapons. These would affect all factions. It would probably lower the number of gunfights, but many people would leave and I understand it not scenario what anybody really wants. 

This goes both way to be honest.

I could write up how Police tried to fuck us over after giving up hostages.

Took a cop hostage negotiated for the release hostage in return of a price and free passage, cops was set up everywhere ready to spray us down the moment the hostage was released.

Rebels are always set up to ensure they don't get fucked over and Police do the same. It's just a case of what happened in the past.

You make a very good point about the repetitiveness certain roleplay stories and the fact that some people just always have to win (this goes for both factions and rebels). I enjoy roleplay and like to reward it, but this is just what Altis Life is and always been and nothing will change about at this point. I'm not saying it's Poseidon's fault, Police's fault or Rebel's fault, we all play a part in this.

I don't think limiting everyone to 9mm and 5.56 is the way to go as it would alienate large chunk of the playerbase... but I'm not gonna lie.. it would be nice if we had some better weapons at our disposal for everyone in the Police.. or at least more open access to high capacity magazines .. anyone Smuggler + has access to 100rnd mags with Car 95 (3rd rank in Poseidon), any rebel can easily get 7.62 rifles (not even bringing Advanced into this) and we send PC's to the HM Treasury with a MK-20 against SW's, MK1's and wonder why we always get ripped out of our vehicles and wallbanged. People don't respect the Police and rebels have no reasons to be worried... getting pulled over is just an easy "friends in the area" because his boys are already decamping from a Hummingbird on the nearby hill with a MK-1 and a Kahlia. This is a police force on an island that's full of armed rebels robbing, killing and taking whatever they want because most of the time they can and there isn't much to we can do about it. Nowadays some cops are so fed up with this.. it's a chore to get Police officers to respond to HM's, RBA's and situations like that because they can't be asked, and sometimes I can't even blame them, but it costs us the only advantage we have.. numbers. Fun fact 51% of the police have only access to 5.56 on normal patrols (+ MXC 6.5 that no really one uses). Don't show up in a full rebel gear, MXM and expect us do believe you are there to fix the counter, it's a drill only until you need it to be but then it's cool to blow my head of with it if I don't believe you

I also don't necessarily agree with the thing about NCA ,which is actually quite intertwined with the poor RP point,  the NCA is a unit that fights organised crime, arrests people doing drug runs and often finds themselves in firefights due to the nature of people they are dealing with.. any unit that is prone to have to deal with armed individuals will have fairly strict requirements and high standards for people they let in. It's not only about being good at pointing your gun at someone and killing them.. you want to make sure that the people joining a unit like that have good situational awareness, confidence, are able to take lead and you know you can rely on them. You also forgetting that normally people need to apply first, this is when they decide whether they are a good fit for the unit.. I hope that no one in NCA takes this in a bad way, but you can't say that NCA is full of amazing shots.. it's just a combination of things.

Judging by the sheer amount of abuse the medics (unbiased non-combatants) meet, I can ensure you that some people are there only for the winning, blood lust and being dominant over the others.

You may impose gun restrictions and/or stricter rules, but you simply cannot change the mindset of those people.

Clearly something went wrong with the server and it’s probs the fact RP is dead 
C12qWQU.png

My personal solution would be (I know I do not work because people would be angry and leave. / quit the server) How about just took the big weapons away?. Some most people would not have bigger 5.56 or 9mm weapons. These would affect all factions. It would probably lower the number of gunfights, but many people would leave and I understand it not scenario what anybody really wants. 
it would be interesting to see what would happen if 5.56 was the maximum caliber for everyone on the server, it probably would be a bit stupid but I don't know it would be a fun experiment to see happen. I remember when rpuk had the tanoa server everything was harder to get with the level system they had and there was definitely more rp on there

You make a very good point about the repetitiveness certain roleplay stories and the fact that some people just always have to win (this goes for both factions and rebels). I enjoy roleplay and like to reward it, but this is just what Altis Life is and always been and nothing will change about at this point. I'm not saying it's Poseidon's fault, Police's fault or Rebel's fault, we all play a part in this.

I don't think limiting everyone to 9mm and 5.56 is the way to go as it would alienate large chunk of the playerbase... but I'm not gonna lie.. it would be nice if we had some better weapons at our disposal for everyone in the Police.. or at least more open access to high capacity magazines .. anyone Smuggler + has access to 100rnd mags with Car 95 (3rd rank in Poseidon), any rebel can easily get 7.62 rifles (not even bringing Advanced into this) and we send PC's to the HM Treasury with a MK-20 against SW's, MK1's and wonder why we always get ripped out of our vehicles and wallbanged. People don't respect the Police and rebels have no reasons to be worried... getting pulled over is just an easy "friends in the area" because his boys are already decamping from a Hummingbird on the nearby hill with a MK-1 and a Kahlia. This is a police force on an island that's full of armed rebels robbing, killing and taking whatever they want because most of the time they can and there isn't much to we can do about it. Nowadays some cops are so fed up with this.. it's a chore to get Police officers to respond to HM's, RBA's and situations like that because they can't be asked, and sometimes I can't even blame them, but it costs us the only advantage we have.. numbers. Fun fact 51% of the police have only access to 5.56 on normal patrols (+ MXC 6.5 that no really one uses). Don't show up in a full rebel gear, MXM and expect us do believe you are there to fix the counter, it's a drill only until you need it to be but then it's cool to blow my head of with it if I don't believe you

I also don't necessarily agree with the thing about NCA ,which is actually quite intertwined with the poor RP point,  the NCA is a unit that fights organised crime, arrests people doing drug runs and often finds themselves in firefights due to the nature of people they are dealing with.. any unit that is prone to have to deal with armed individuals will have fairly strict requirements and high standards for people they let in. It's not only about being good at pointing your gun at someone and killing them.. you want to make sure that the people joining a unit like that have good situational awareness, confidence, are able to take lead and you know you can rely on them. You also forgetting that normally people need to apply first, this is when they decide whether they are a good fit for the unit.. I hope that no one in NCA takes this in a bad way, but you can't say that NCA is full of amazing shots.. it's just a combination of things.
Yes I know you need (past 3 years I have maked a many applications) with all of spec units in Police had some great RP and fun and like I said my point is not clame unit do someting or im not even saing I im right person in the unit. I was 2 weeks ago NCA patrol and I had fun. I just do not like gunfights. What AR and NCA get in more becouse they have a better gear / People Who know what they are doing (maybe more then average frontline PC in a gunfight). Story of open is more backstory why I wake up on this issus. 

Giving Police a "better wepons" In my oppion dos not degeers amount fights what we are in as factions. + Giving us better wepons we need a big meeting with hole commonity. Idea of all factions beging sama balance makes a sense. And could be fixed if rebels start losing // Police is to good. There is not that many place where rebels rules. 

This goes both way to be honest.

I could write up how Police tried to fuck us over after giving up hostages.

Took a cop hostage negotiated for the release hostage in return of a price and free passage, cops was set up everywhere ready to spray us down the moment the hostage was released.

Rebels are always set up to ensure they don't get fucked over and Police do the same. It's just a case of what happened in the past.
We should forgot pass do a reset. Maybe meeting with all factions  + gangs and reb. would fix the issues. End of the This is a game we should have fun. 

The difference is while cops may have inferior guns to rebels and Poseidon they usually have twice as many as Poseidon and way more than any rebel gang will ever have.

The difference is while cops may have inferior guns to rebels and Poseidon they usually have twice as many as Poseidon and way more than any rebel gang will ever have.
and still the bigger rebel gangs seem to win 7 out of 10 times. because the police is filled with a lot of different people and the about those different people is that a lot of dont respond to gunfights because they can be bothered. so yes you may end up faceing 20 cops but thats only in rare cases most likely the best youre gonna get is 10 cops and haf of them have at most a spar 16 and are regular patrols with unexperienced gunfighters. then i dont even talk about the fact that we cant just shoot everyone we see. if a rebel sees a police car in a gunfight they can be 99% sure that that is a cop and will rip him instanstly. if cops see a car or a heli we always have to ask ourselves is this guy involved or not. so to make sure we dont RDM by accedent we tell them ''if you dont leave you will be deemed involved'' while we are in a gunfight wich means most likely certain death for the cop who has to say that. so what i am trying to say is look at things from our pov superior numbers help but only if we actually get more then 15 cops at one situation hence why the HM needs 15 cops to be broken into.

Back