What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Unban Appeal - Yhames - 04/30/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yhames

In-game Name
SGT Rawlings [1703]

Steam ID

The date of your ban.
04/30/20

Member of the team that banned you.
Gordon

Reason given for your ban.

Where was you banned
Altis Life

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.
Myself (SGT Rawlings [1703]) CI Alfred [2632], and a civilian (who I was trying to help with a problem) were all standing in the main car park of Kavala police station, CI Alfred had just finished dealing with a suspect and released him from his cuffs and let him go on his way. The suspect proceeded to enter his vehicle, without having a license, and run the three of us over, and did so repeatedly. Me and the civilian gave chase in his Quilin, whilst CI Alfred went to get a marked police car out to make it an official chase. The pursuit ended with the suspect being shot out of his car and crashing into a small building down the road from peach trees.

We waited for medics to appear on scene, and when the suspect was picked up he started gobbing off at myself and others at the scene, attempting to bribe paramedics and spitting at officers. It was at this time I called him a "mong" in response to his VDM of multiple people and also his general behavior towards those trying to roleplay with him.

Why should we unban you ?
I would like to make it known that up until this point in my life I understood the word "mong" as to mean an "idiot" or a "dickhead". Had I known the true meaning of this word I would have chosen a different word to use or simply not have spoken and deal with him elsewhere, or call admins to deal with with him for the VDM.

Up until this moment, I believe I have been a good member of the community, and to the best of my recollection I haven't had any negative interactions with members of staff from this community. I am a dedicated member of the server and also the Altis Police Force which as I mention prior I am a SGT in. I have put a lot of time and dedication into my career in the Altis Police Force, and I do not want one error of my judgement to be the end to my time on the server. I realise now what the word truly means and I understand how offensive it truly is.

If I were to be given another chance on the server, one of the first things I would do would be to officially apologize to the suspect who I refereed to as a "mong". And if I am still in the police by the end of this I will dedicate myself and strive to be one of, if not, the best officer on the server.

Recently I haven't been in the best state of mind, this combined with the fact I had just been VDMed multiple times and it was getting relatively late and I had spent a long day on the server, I made a regrettable mistake and as I said prior, if I could go back and change what I said or say nothing at all. I would. I know this isn't an excuse for my actions and I am not trying to excuse what I did, but simply let my circumstances be known.

Please confirm this unban request is for you.
Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

I confirm this is not a temporary ban as those are not appealable

Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read our rules
Yes

Unfortunately you do get the odd troll that will try and ruin your time on the server by vdming etc, you should have reported this and ignored his behavior however if you got annoyed by him gobbing off and spitting at you as an officer you need to control your reactions as the way you spoke to him, we do not accept here no matter troll or not we don't want people verbally abusing people. Especially as an officer, you shouldn't really be speaking to civilians like that. Also not everyone will be pleasant in roleplay with you as that may be how they wish to portray there character so expect people to spit at you as a cop. 

Now I hate to hear that you haven't been in the best state of mind recently but that is also not an excuse to say what you did, if you haven't been in the best place recently you shouldn't be putting yourself in a situation where you will get "triggered" and react the way you did. So if you do get unbanned and you are not in the right frame of mind, i'd suggest not logging on the server, as you will most likely act "out of character" and do or say something you will regret.

How can we be sure that if someone is pushing your buttons you won't react the same way in the future, what would you do to prevent this same outcome from happening?

Thank you for the detailed response,

I don’t want what I am currently going through to be seen as an excuse in any way for my actions, and I apologise if it came across as me trying to use that as an excuse, simply I just wanted to let my circumstances be known. 

In the event I am unbanned and a situation like this occurs again and I am not in a good mindset I will step back, and as I have to patrol with another officer, will let them take charge of the situation. Or not log on at all as I do not want to have my career on the server put in jeopardy once more.

As for how I can guarantee this won’t happen again I am hoping I can speak to you on a less public platform, DMs on discord would be fine if you are able. As I am fine with mentioning my problems on here but they are still personal to me, and I don’t want to get into detail unless completely needed. If I am required to make public how I can guarantee this that is fine but I would prefer a private conversation on this matter at your convenience. 

Correct you can't guarantee that it won't happen again can any of us guarantee we won't do something in the heat of the moment, you can't. However by saying that you will take a step back and allow someone else to deal with the situation is something I was looking for that for me is the correct answer, there will be people that will trigger you but you need to understand that most likely it's not there intent to do so, unless they are trolls then they are looking for a reaction out of you.

Now I hope you understand that we don't want to see any other bans from you especially for saying stuff you shouldn't be.

Hope you have learned from your lesson and get back to doing some good RP.

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back