What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Highways "England" Traffic Officer (HATO) Legal Job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurlanin

Actions Have Consequences
Investor
Lifetime Donator
0a37d8-Screenshot_53-min.png

The highways of Los Santos are a busy place. People break down, have accidents, or encounter mountain lions, and it disrupts the entire network!

Rather than tie up police resources dealing with these issues, I think it would be nice to give law abiding citizens the chance to perform a public service, and work alongside the police and NHS, as well as help citizens of Los Santos that are in trouble.

HATOs would have the power to close lanes of the highway to protect stranded motorists, but nothing else beyond a shiny vehicle! I think it might allow for some interesting RP scenarios. In terms of game mechanics, I think it should work much in the same way as any other job, with a decent paycheck, and a patrol route that pays a bonus upon the completion of each task.

For example:

• Drive on the highway between Paleto Bay and the Prison junction.
  • Observe the highway from x location for 5 minutes
  • etc.

Link: HATO Vehicle

Opinions of merging the mechanic roles and hato roles? Or keep them seperate?

Opinions of merging the mechanic roles and hato roles? Or keep them seperate?
I think they perform different functions, so should be separate, but at the same time it is a game and roadside repair ability would make sense for HATO to have/give more to do involving interacting with other players.

I think they perform different functions, so should be separate, but at the same time it is a game and roadside repair ability would make sense for HATO to have/give more to do involving interacting with other players.
Just reparing vehicles alone could get boring I guess so merging it with investigating road collisions and traffic offences etc would make for a nice role IMO

I think if it was to be implemented it would have to be monitored due to the possibility of players using the vehicle to joyride around and not roleplaying the role, bringing more of a task for police having to deal with.

A potential idea is to make it that when you get into one of these vehicles or maybe bringing the vehicle out at all a blip comes up on the map for police to allow them to be monitored. Maybe apply the same thing to blood bikes. As these vehicles shouldn't be misused especially for criminal intent

Last edited by a moderator:
As these vehicles shouldn't be misused especially for criminal intent
I agree. This is meant to be a legal and non-confrontational role designed to be a bit different. It would be nice to be able to trust people to use it properly though, rather than enforce any rules or the like.

Potentially have an application process, and the licence can only be given out by staff (as in, you can't buy it from the NPC)? Not full whitelisting, but force people to put a bit of effort into getting it, and have it removed later down the line if they are abusing it.

Just dont want for people to put effort into something that will have to be removed if abused.  Not a bad idea to have a little structure to it but staff seemingly have enough on their plate 

Could be a use of the new stats system/tracking possibly where you spend time as a mechanic and past a certain point / flag / amount of jobs done, you get promoted and access to the other areas of the service?

Just an idea

Approved and moved to accepted. Expect this soon but no timeframe, vehicle will be implemented first then roles likely within update or 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back