What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Rebel Rep Role!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrLongSlong

Rebel Rep Role!

Brief Summary:

Create a fourms , teamspeak , in-game role that rebel leaders can be voted into.

Detailed Suggestion:

My suggestion is that every 3 months leaders of organised rebel gangs put forward who they want to be the rebel Representative, a poll is then created and all players get an opportunity to vote for who they wish to represent them.

Who ever wins the vote gets recognised by the staff and development team as the rebel representative and gets treated the same way that a CMO/CC/Capo would do in terms of input and direct feedback link to the staff team and development team.

The Rebel rep will have opportunities to call meetings with gang reps to conduct in-game business and get direct feedback from rebels on what they want changed or what they like etc.

My suggestion is that the role is changed every 3 months, this is to insure that who ever gets elected still has time to create the changes that they believe are necessary but also means that the role is switched out often enough to keep things fresh and new, players can be reelected multiple times but if the staff team feel a rebel rep is being ineffective in there work and just getting reelected because they are popular etc then they can be removed from running.

In order to be included in the vote each person running for rebel rep will have to fill out an application form detailing why they believe they will be good at the job and provide instances where they have been a good leader for there group etc , this is in order to make sure that the applicant is fit for purpose and not someone who wants a fancy new tag.

The Pros:

- Gives what I feel are a under represented group of players on the server a representation that they desperately need.

- Gives organisation back to rebels

- Can help prevent rebel life from "drying out" and becoming boring

-Gives staff/police/nhs/Poseidon someone to give feedback to regarding rebel roleplay and vise versa

-Provide more roleplay opportunities regarding organised crime on the server

-Hopefully reduce the amount of "random" crime committed by high level rebel gangs which seems to be the cause of a lot of issues regarding poor roleplay rdm and factions getting board because they are constantly getting battered by high level rebels when they should be dealing with low level crime

-Give the NCA MI5 etc someone to go after for example if a rebel rep is giving a lot of emphasis on committing crime ageist the police these spec units can actually get used to tackle high level crime

The Cons:

- The role could be abused ( can be monitored but there is always a chance )

- Popular leaders of gangs can sway the votes

- Vetting of applications to be in the poll will take time to consider etc but could be managed by the rebel rep at the time

-There are probably a few more logistical problems that will need to be ironed out

-Will take quiet a bit of initial work to setup

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

I hope this sort of thing if implemented will give the rebel life the boost that it desperately needs, Police/Poseidon/NHS/Staff would all have to adapt to this new role but I think it will bring more balance to the server.

This is something which has been brought up for well over a year now. It is something which requires no development, and literally just a mature person who cares for the server. Should have already happened

requires no development, and literally just a mature person who cares for the server.
think that's the hardest part of it to be honest, finding someone suitable who wouldn't abuse the role. Anyone could be a rep as long as they are popular enough - it would just seem like more of a popularity contest than anything. Whilst i'm all for giving rebels an input, but how would this be prevented from being heavily abused?

think that's the hardest part of it to be honest, finding someone suitable who wouldn't abuse the role. Anyone could be a rep as long as they are popular enough - it would just seem like more of a popularity contest than anything. Whilst i'm all for giving rebels an input, but how would this be prevented from being heavily abused?
I think abuse of the role would be clear to see and delt with, but the process behind getting to the position would be a lengthy application process meaning only those that actually deserve the role get it.

The same could be said for CC/CMO/Capo , how do we know they won't abuse there powers? because there is a process behind that to make sure that the people in those position's are able to be effective.

how do we know they won't abuse there powers? because there is a process behind that to make sure that the people in those position's are able to be effective.
The process for getting CC/CMO/Capo is often longer than a year at the very least, it may be hard doing the same quality control each 3 months, but it's a good idea generally! Giving rebels more of a voice would be wonderful. There would definetely need to be some sort of way of performing adequate quality control with each member though, but generally  +1 to the concept!

Last edited by a moderator:
@INS Riz I think another thing with it as well though is people actually want shit done, and a lot of people might take the piss with a lot of other things but wouldn't abuse the roll.

For example, If you gave a rock to MrLongSlong and told him not to break the rock, he would go out and probably find a way to break the fucking Rock, but yet I think he would still make a relatively good Rep for rebels as a whole however, as he is in the boat with the rest of us with wanting to get shit done.

Can someone please tell me how a role which basically has no power at all could be abused??

Say someone gets elected.. how will they abuse there power? What power???

This is more of a event leader role, you just get people together to do some stuff maybe a big drug run or a bank or something surely? Just dont understand this abuse your talking about. 

literally just a mature person
Do you believe every 3 months people are going to vote in a mature person ?, The other roles are not voted for, those positions are appointed

My other issue is the other roles when they do require something from the devs they ask they do not demand, they know there is no time frame and do not become disappointed when it takes time...and when they ask they have one thing in mind... Roleplay not gunplay, there feedback is well thought out sometimes even with balancing in mind.

That is my concerns

• Love
Reactions: Riz
@Wilco For the people to be voted in they would obviously have had a presence on the server for years and be respected. This is something that takes a long time to achieve. Alot of rebels have been around longer than GC members.

Do you believe every 3 months people are going to vote in a mature person ?, The other roles are not voted for, those positions are appointed
You and the staff team would still have ultimate control, if you have concerns that someone is using the role for malaise just like a gold command member or a capo I'd think they'd land themselves in some hot water very quickly.

My other issue is the other roles when they do require something from the devs they ask they do not demand, they know there is no time frame and do not become disappointed when it takes time...and when they ask they have one thing in mind... Roleplay not gunplay, there feedback is well thought out sometimes even with balancing in mind.
Of course the rebel representation will also use these same manners, the type of individual I have in mind isn't going to be your standard crazy gun swinging ex AR member who barks at the dev team to remove the decamp script and add redgulls back.

The other roles are not voted for, those positions are appointed
It would be great for one to be appointed but there is no rank structure with rebels and thats why I believe the voting would be the next fairest thing.

I'm glad you have taken the time to read my suggestion as ultimately it comes down to you and your staff team on weather something like this gets implemented, by no means would it be a easy task and would require monitoring and more work from the staff team that already give up a lot of there time, but I think that will pay dividends in the long run in terms of better roleplay and less bull shit from rebels who currently aren't in the best way.

I personally feel if this server/community means a lot to people like it does to me then why in the right mind would anyone want to piss about and ruin any chance of trying to make things better. Positive thoughts only I rep is a great idea let's make it work 

I think this would help rebel life a lot and have a direct form of communication of what rebels want

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back