What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Tips for roleplay

Tadeusz

Crazy Scotsman
Lifetime Donator
Donator
There are two main bodies of roleplay. Improvised roleplay and planned roleplay. Roleplay is fluid and for the most part your roleplay will be improvised. Even then you still need to somewhat keep in mind what situations you could come across. For instance, say your checking out a police station. You don't want someone to know why you were really there. Which was probably to check the box and see if you can have some free guns. You will want a creative reason to get you out of there as unscathed as possible and preferably with your goal.

The other is planned roleplay. If you take time before you jump in to the fire, then you will likely emerge richer. Remember "prior preparation prevents piss poor performance" think of the activity you would like to do. In this case we will use a petrol station as an example. Think of the scale of the robbery. If its something small such as our robbery then we don't need many equipment/assets.  brainstorm with your friends to come up with an idea for roleplay. 

Gathering together is great because it allows us to come up with fresh ideas which is a big factor for success, remember the police or poseidon and really any other player all want to be entertained too!

Once you have decided and have a rough plan laid out in in mind for what you want to do. You will need to plan that idea out. so let's think about the where/who/how/what and why.  

So for my example I know I want to Rob a petrol station. That means I will want a getaway vehicle. I'm going to go for a fuel truck, stick to something sensible that is believe able. its unlikely your company is going to send you in a helicopter. 

It also means I'm going to want a gun. This one you need to pay attention to when guns get involved things get very complicated. You will face difficult questions. For the love of God don't say its a drill. So many people have heard that one time and time again and it's very likely they will just shutdown your roleplay before hearing you out. I like to incorporate sounds into my roleplay (I use soundpad) . It can even help with the classic "pull the trigger" tactic. Another handy thing to keep in mind is bigger the gun the harder the explaining. You can't explain a rifle as a two handed drill. 

Who will I be. Well, in my example I am going to be a fuel delivery driver. My accomplice will be the shop attendant. So I will probably want to wear some oily coveralls and my accomplice will want some kind of suit. 

The how section describes the plan to achieve the goal, which in this case I want to Rob a fuel station. So to make mines fit I'm going to give the gun to my delivery driver. Like any signed for delivery they will usually scan your parcel and ask you to sign here. Now, here's why my shop attendant comes in useful. When the delivery driver goes to Rob the store the alarm will go off. I'm going to have my "shop attendant" explain it to the cops as an accident. "I was enjoying my tea with a nice kitkat chunky when the delivery came through, the fella was needing me to sign the paperwork. Unfortunately both the companies insists on keeping hard copies as well as soft copies. I knew this. So I leant over for my pen and knocked my coffee over now it's fried the till and set that damn alarm off!" 

Now for the "what". This is intended to get you to think about any questions or problems that may leave you thinking "what?" for instance when you could be asked to see a contract, or vehicle documents you could be asked to prove its not a gun or could be asked difficult questions regarding who you are. I recommend GIMP photo editor as it's free to help create fake ids. However, there are some very talented members of the community who will help you, but sometimes for a price.

Finally the "why". So think why you will successfully Rob it. Often that's cause you want details in your plan and ultimately the why I "the delivery driver" would walk out the door is I would have made a creative story by thinking where I had to go to get my goal. I have told who I am, I have taken out time to think how I will Rob it. I've prepared as much as I can to leave me standing there not thinking "what?" people ask questions like this to catch you out and always ask "why do I get to walk out cash in hand?"

Anyway I hope these help @Yasleeper and remember sometimes thing won't work out but you will learn easier the more you try. 

Also if anyone has anything to add feel free, I am always learning too 

Im just waiting for every hobo to use this tutuorial to rob a gas station now .
Well at least it won't be the same boring old "I'm fixing the alarm and yeah this mark one is my drill, oh eh no I mean it's not a gun! Honest!" 

Well at least it won't be the same boring old "I'm fixing the alarm and yeah this mark one is my drill, oh eh no I mean it's not a gun! Honest!" 
to then end up getting shot by a drill and when you ask get told it clearly looks like a gun 

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
True. Unfortunately though they are mandatory to rob gas stations 🤷‍♂️ 

Back