What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Bottleneck

Ryuk

Heya, considering buying a laptop with a Ryzen 7-3750H and an RTX 2060, other specs are decent and the price is attractive but I'm worried about the CPU bottlenecking.
Would it make sense to go for this setup?

I have a Ryzen 5 1600x desktop version, and looking at the stats they're more or less equal. On top of that I have the GTX 1060 3gb so a RTX 2060 will have no problem. 

Baring in mind I have a desktop and your stats are literally mobile versions of mine, you'll get a decent fps

Remember, there's more than just the raw hardware specification to concern yourself with here. Given that you're talking about a laptop, you may also find yourself running into thermal throttling issues with your CPU if you're pushing it to its limits.

Heya, considering buying a laptop with a Ryzen 7-3750H and an RTX 2060, other specs are decent and the price is attractive but I'm worried about the CPU bottlenecking.
Would it make sense to go for this setup?

There's no worriy of a bottle neck.
If you need a laptop due to portability then they are pretty great specs, just make sure you have 16gb of ram (16 is the new 8 ) and make sure it has an SSD, or least you add one.

There won't be any bottle necking, especially in Arma. Just make sure the laptop of choice has decent cooling and airflow.

Do you specifically need a laptop? You can build the exact spec in a ITX PC (If you want something small) for way way less.

Remember, there's more than just the raw hardware specification to concern yourself with here. Given that you're talking about a laptop, you may also find yourself running into thermal throttling issues with your CPU if you're pushing it to its limits.
Gordon is correct you will defo get  thermal throttling at some point.

Back