What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

A mildly long walk.

Gruppr

Hello! My name is Gruppr. You may or may not know me but that's not really relevant is it. What is important is my totally beneficial walk (yes a walk, not a run or jog) I'm planning that's going to take me right across Altis.

Yup! I really am going to this - Starting at Kavala and ending at Feres. I would like to clarify I literally have no good reasons for this. I'm so goddamn bored and out of my mind that I just feel like taking a long walk, and since I'm not able to do that in the real world (that's a lie, I can...I'm just lazy) I'm going to do it in Arma. Now most people won't think much of this, and I'm totally with you on that. It's useless, I literally game nothing from this and it's not really that impressive. However I'm still sticking with it. If you meet me on the road of salvation please be sure to stop and we can have a nice conversation. Also, feel free to tag along.

Take care y'all!

[BELOW IS MY FINAL SCRIPT EVALUATION OF THE JOURNEY]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update Ω - I finally made it, starting at 16:40 and ending at 2:28am a whole 7hr and 37m of straight walking not jogging nor running but walking. Man was it a journey, and to put it lightly I'm a new man. I started this journey with a heavy  heart and a dark mindset but after this I'm not longer the same person you once knew, I'm now a man of peace and humility. I am reformed. During my pilgrimage I made a lot of friends on the way, most of whome I will never forget. From the bottom of my heart I thank everyone involved but there are many people that I wish to thank from directly;

Thank you to my two company sponsors: Caesar's Air Taxi & Altis Tech Tips
Thank you to my three walking companians: @Nikolai, @Jimma & Anderz
Thank you to the two poseidon members: Coco & YoCo

But most importantly, thank you to @HiDig, @Tooble & @Kooki. I met you fellas at the start of this journey I was a nobody, just a soul you thought to stop and double check I was doing well and you were there to see me off, when I finally reached Feres you gave the most beautifully crafted introduction anyone could have asked for, but you did more than just that - you accepted and went through with my final request. Much love my friends. It was an amazing journey we all had!
 ​

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Gruppr weve had a few Kavala to Sofia marathons... usually takes around 2 hours to complete

Good luck with your walk!

I once did this as I was hosting a marathon and I needed to know the time frame 

RIP your fingers

good luck on the walk though!

Branchy from Altis Tech Tips here. Loving the walk I'll be there in your final moments cheering you on!

Kooki from ATT here. Looking forward to walking the last stretch with you. See you then!

Edit at end of marathon:

Congrats on finishing the walk., was a long old journey! Glad we could give you a good ending to your pilgrimage. 

Congratulations @Gruppr what an amazing feat! 

Link to post with video of final moments worth a watch IMO

@Gruppr forget about the debt. The pistol was yours to keep.

its YoCo here, I’m glad you had a rather eventful walk. Apologies I couldn’t have been there for more of it.

also @Daanv @Wilco I thought the marathons were long. Walking the entirety of the island is a different ball game 😂

it was indeed fun lad, hope you enjoy my rather hefty donation

Wow! Thank you all so much for the kind words and support. It wouldn't have been the same without you guys. I don't think I could have made it without the support on the forums!

I am so sad I diddn't notice this till now! That's what I get for spending too much time on another Island! We shall cross paths one day, and i'll have a big donation for you too!! Well done Gruppr ❤️🥳

Alright guys, so I was going to upload the walk in a timelapsed video but I lost the footage. I'm fuming but need to stay zen. I've attached a video from the Altis Tech Tips guys POV. Take care y'all.

Back