What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Number above player's head

Status
Not open for further replies.

M

Gold Standard Roleplayer
Los Santos Police
An identifiable number above a players head, that can be used in cases of reports, and sending items/money.

Pros:

Easy for staff to identify people in reports

Easy for transferring items/money to other players

Easier to identify another player and not them just being an NPC. 

Cons:

People may remember your number and use it against you.

I'd feel more like a Clone Trooper than a player. I can see why this would make sense.

Maybe combat logs?

I'd much prefer pressing or holding a button to see numbers if need be, having it perma above heads annoys me more then it should

I'd much prefer pressing or holding a button to see numbers if need be, having it perma above heads annoys me more then it should
Brilliant idea, this way we can press it when we need it.

This will just end up in mad meta gaming, it’s just like having their names above their heads but with extra steps if you are referring to the F5 number

Player IDs above heads is something I don't want, however I understand from reading comments people are struggling to report mass rulebreakers etc.

So my solution is below (Ready to go depending on what people say) (And ofc I can edit it, if someone thinks of something better)

On next update there would be a optional keybinding you can set (OFF by default) - See usage below

1. Settings > Key Bindings > FiveM,
  2. Press the keybind,
  3. Then for 10 seconds, player identifiers are displayed above players heads,
  4. Once the 10 seconds is up, the keybind goes onto a 2 minute 30 second cooldown,

A trial measure to help with player to staff communication about major incidents (Mass RDM, VDM, etc) If it was used for normal reports I should add before reporting a player you should speak to the person first, try to resolve it. I am sick of everyone jumping to the report section to try and get someone banned before they speak to the player and hear their side.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the idea of it having to be set and a cool down on it should be some deterrent to it being used to completely meta,  it can also help when doing trades with others without making it too disconnecting with the usual step over here and no one else come so i make sure i give it to you type of things

Another thing that could be useful is when knocked down you cant move the camera around and if you are vdmed with out seeing them by hobo #252 coming may be hard to try get the number of them to let the right people know, so perhaps being able to at least move the camera around when down will be useful as well 

Are you able to make it send out a notification to the person saying that their id is being checked? Perhaps like the search function. Just a thought as it  might help deter it being overused. 

Player IDs above heads is something I don't want, however I understand from reading comments people are struggling to report mass rulebreakers etc.

So my solution is below (Ready to go depending on what people say) (And ofc I can edit it, if someone thinks of something better)

On next update there would be a optional keybinding you can set (OFF by default) - See usage below

2. Press the keybind,
  4. Once the 10 seconds is up, the keybind goes onto a 1 minute cooldown,

A trial measure to help with player to staff communication about major incidents (Mass RDM, VDM, etc) If it was used for normal reports I should add before reporting a player you should speak to the person first, try to resolve it. I am sick of everyone jumping to the report section to try and get someone banned before they speak to the player and hear their side.
thats pretty much perfect. Excellent balance between being able to identify rulebreakers at the press of a button while reducing its use for metagaming. Maybe even make the cooldown longer (3 minutes?) as if its a few mass rulebreakers there will be enough witnesses to identify each one.

2. Press the keybind,
  4. Once the 10 seconds is up, the keybind goes onto a 1 minute cooldown,

Although your idea will work, it still doesn't stop people from meta gaming. It will just give them a cooldown on when they can meta game. 

My suggestion is as follows;

You remove players names from the F5 menu. You have no cooldown on this "Unique number" button press above your head. You are then able to press "F11" when ever you want to where people local to you will have a number pop up above their head. There is no way a player could find out the actual identity of this person via the F5 menu so would mitigate meta gaming. 

Quite a simple concept that I think would be an addition to your original idea. 🙂

My view is coming from purely a way to report as i feel there are bigger issues at the minute then being metagamed

as much as i would love for some perfect way to prevent meta game a small amount of trust is going to be given to players to not abuse it and i think the number on keypress is the way to go even removing the f5 list could work but im still not sure how we would know who the player is if we want to make a report,  if we look at it now reports for gta are taking time to go through and if we cant get the player name from the number i wouldn't want the job of trying to "look through the logs" to find a name for the number ( i honestly dont know how hard this is or isn't to do or even how its done) 

Metagaming is going to happen so hiding the name could make it harder but its still going to happen, mainly its from people that are coming "to win" and wont be on the server to rp things out as the situations turn up and the people that go as far as check numbers with names are going to get found out eventually, hell some do it now by giving you items when you are in a group the amount of random stuff i have in my inventory baffles me sometimes, hell i remember the tilde key to see who is in cars in arma technique,

perhaps when the rp is raised to a better quality we could remove the names list or atleast make it so painstakingly hard to get to that its obvious they are doing it  but while gta rp is popular and especially after it being free for a week a way is needed to report people (people joining just to troll and running everyone over or saying edgy offensive shit  are usually dealt with pretty fast ingame)

Accepted, discussing with staff team to work out best implementation for this.

Has already been implemented so this post will he moved to implemented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back