What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Weapon Manufacturing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santo

Wiki Editor
Unlinked
Weapon Manufacturing

Similar to my last post, right now weapons are very prominent on the streets of Los Santos, in my eyes guns should be a luxury, and a luxury that is both difficult and expensive to get your hands on. Right now while the difficulty of finding the black market is greater than finding the meth location for example it is still relatively easy to find in the long run. One solution I see to this is the need to manufacture weapons, not just find a location and buy them. The way i propose weapon manufacturing to occur is as follows:

-Firstly, weapon manufacturing should involve an extensive initial investment and then a continuous investment over time (in a hope to limit the number of people manufacturing weapons). this could be in the form of property purchases to manufacture the weapons and purchases of the individual components required to make the weapons (maybe even in the future the components required can even come from legal civilian jobs such as steel making Etc. which would introduce new player markets and a more player run economy)

-Secondly, Machinery would have to be purchased to make the weapons, these machines could also require upkeep as over time they may break (again part of the continuous investment required)

-Thirdly ammunition, this should be another aspect of weaponry that is hard to accomplish, again i think it should be manufactured through owning a warehouse and purchasing the required machinery / components Etc. However, I think it should have to be in a separate warehouse to the weapon manufacturing as it would again add another step to the production process making it more difficult. This may even open up inter player contracts, for example 1 gang makes the weaponry and another makes the ammunition and comes to a deal on how to sell both.

To conclude weapons suddenly appearing on the island and being purchasable by anyone who takes the time to find the location, to me, is a one way road to a meta not too dissimilar from Altis Life. I think encouraging people to create lucrative operations not only makes it difficult to create these items that are highly illegal and dangerous as a whole but also creates more RP and moves us away from the meta of: 

Travel to a drug location > spend 20 minutes filling up a truck without any RP > travel to a processor where you have suddenly gained a PHD in chemistry> sell drugs > travel to a shop and buy cheap automatic weapons > die without any value of life > repeat.

About the PHD in chemistry. Maybe meth processing would require you to go to school first XD.

Jokes aside a good suggestion. Weapons need to be much harder to get and should be player controlled through organisations building weapons in warehouses with parts scavenged from around the island.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same as the drugs, criminal life should be much tough and hard to get into. Needs a lot of work as the current situation isn't sustainable and is heavily effecting both RP and the economy.

I'd say...

Phase 1: Increase prices of weapons in the black market by at least 1.5x - preferably 2x. Then change the location of the black market much more often - something like twice a week possibly? This phase would be easy and quick to implement as a solution in the short term.

Phase 2: The player controlled weapons market. As Santo stated above it should be focused on manufacturing rather than just buying weapons out of thin air. This phase would be a longer term solution as it would require more extensive development.

i was happy with pistols being 35k when legally purchased and the arms dealer being hidden was better but i have a inkling that its location has been meta'd or given out for a ridulously small amount as far too many people know about it especially with guns being openly advertised on twitter with prices included is when its gone too far, i for sure think that manufacturing should be in, i would even argue whitelisted and not on maps and should be monitored as too how many guns are out there and who's hands ( i know it already is from past statements from admins)

I think that the pistols in the black market should stay to not make the blackmarket useless . But also remove the uzi and the shotgun. Make it so that for better weapons you would have to manufacture them.

Stealthee has already said this will happen. He said he wants weapons too be a player run thing so no doubt there will be some cogs turning behind the scenes. 

Maybe bias but i think lost should be in control of the manufacturing of weapons and maybe civs could either craft lower end weapons and lost deal with the bulk of it. 

On the server recently there has been a big change in people getting guns, people selling or giving away blackmarket location for a apple and also daft cunts like cynaide undercutting everyone else on the server by like 10k and advertising gun sales on twitter??????

Means any man and his dog can get a gun at the drop of a hat for way cheaper than a vintage pistol from ammunation. 

People being stupid trying to make a quick buck with no self control have well and truly fucked the weapon economy. 

Was way better when lost was the only people who knew where it was and much eaiser too control. 

Stealthee has already said this will happen. He said he wants weapons too be a player run thing so no doubt there will be some cogs turning behind the scenes. 

Maybe bias but i think lost should be in control of the manufacturing of weapons and maybe civs could either craft lower end weapons and lost deal with the bulk of it. 

On the server recently there has been a big change in people getting guns, people selling or giving away blackmarket location for a apple and also daft cunts like cynaide undercutting everyone else on the server by like 10k and advertising gun sales on twitter??????

Means any man and his dog can get a gun at the drop of a hat for way cheaper than a vintage pistol from ammunation. 

People being stupid trying to make a quick buck with no self control have well and truly fucked the weapon economy. 

Was way better when lost was the only people who knew where it was and much eaiser too control. 
To me it seems you want lost to control the weapon market in an attempt to make the market as controlled as it was when the black market was not known, however i think if weapons have to be made through manufacturing, only a few people will have access to them anyway. I also think it is beneficial to open up more jobs to the wider player base instead of restricting them. Another point is FiveM is supposed to be less controlled and more fluid in terms of game play, so giving things to a specific faction, to me, counteracts that premise after all weapon dealing is a way to make lots of cash, it should be earned through hard work on the server not just given out. So -1 to making The Lost MC in control.

To me it seems you want lost to control the weapon market in an attempt to make the market as controlled as it was when the black market was not known, however i think if weapons have to be made through manufacturing, only a few people will have access to them anyway. I also think it is beneficial to open up more jobs to the wider player base instead of restricting them. Another point is FiveM is supposed to be less controlled and more fluid in terms of game play, so giving things to a specific faction, to me, counteracts that premise after all weapon dealing is a way to make lots of cash, it should be earned through hard work on the server not just given out. So -1 to making The Lost MC in control.

Totally agree with Santo here. This server is about trying to present a semi-realistic environment to roleplay in. By restricting the bulk of the weapons trade to a specific group will negatively affect the markets and won't make sense. The Lost MC should be like almost any other gang/group/organisation IMO. The only differentiating factor is that they are the main group which will always be around on Los Santos and have a specific lore and story to them. Though they shouldn't get any additional privilages or unique things.

"Maybe bias" 

Calm down get off my back people.. i just know for a fact with the server how it is it will go like this:

Someone logs in, asks on twitter how to make money someone will sell them a meth location for dirt cheap

They do couple of meth runs, get enough money to figure out how too make weapons

Make guns

Kill everything/sell for fuckall 

Fuck economy

Atleast with someone having control it would not mean that within a couple of days every 12 year old kid can be a weapons dealer on twitter. Just my opinion. A whitelist faction is there for a reason and so will ammunation to buy shit guns if you so wish. 

Not making a single post for this so will add it to this one 

If gun manufacturing comes in would it be possible to have more then one of the same type of gun in your personal inventory instead of it just becoming ammo for the other one in your inventory

like if i have a normal pistol on me now and pick up a .50 it becomes pistol ammo or if i picked up 2 shotguns i get 1 shotgun with 2 lots of ammo

@Santo weapons manufacturing has been implemented as of a few updates ago and feedback is obviously welcome on the new system so please post suggestions with it. With regards to @Dentibus's comment, weapons and ammo being seperated is already being looked into which should resolve lots of issues. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back