What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

More player owned businesses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yello

Richest man on FiveM
I think to have a lot more focus on businesses and money making would be far more fun and beneficial to RP than our current system of basically just Arma runs. I can see why it hasn't been added before, with the playerbase being quite low. But now we have a lot more dedicated and active players it would be nice to rely on automated scripts like buying houses and buying car mods a lot less, and rely on there being someone to do that instead.

To have things like: 

• Estate Agents
  • Mechanics (Bennys etc)
  • Aviation dealers
  • Mechanics and Taxis offices (Someone is there to hire the people, rents them the cars and then they take it from there)
  • Jewlers (To be the buyer of the gold and sell accessories etc)
  • Bank Owners (Loan players, control the ATMs)
  • Fairground owners (adding the ferris wheel etc)
  • Fuel station owners (actually have to fill the petrol storage so players can fill their cars)
All of them would work with the basis of a hirearchy. Someone buys the business, they hire people if they want and they all get paid (for example with the estate agents, the employees would get a comission from selling a house)

(Obviously I dont think all of these should be added right now - I know you work for free and that is a lot of work)

Having these sorts of businesses allow a lot more RP, and that is shown clearly through the likes of Warwicks and Tokjats dealerships.

A big +1 to this, i feel the ownership of other  businesses would lead to higher quality RP interactions.

And plus i would love to own/hold shares in the Downtown Cab Co.

Estate Agents
Lets people buy homes, then sell them at their own Estate Agents. That would be sick!

Jewlers (To be the buyer of the gold and sell accessories etc)
Issue I have is what do the owners ofthe Jewelers do with the stuff? If there's something Jewelers can do with it that would be awesome

Fuel station owners
Get Fuel Station owners to farm Oil and process it into usable Fuel? I mean thats the best of doing a run, and running a business. Plus you could hire people to do it for you, overall I like this.

Massive +1

I would suggest that a player can only own one major business like car dealerships, aviation dealership, estate agent and the mechanics etc

Isnt the plan for more player owned in the works, Though i wouldnt mind it being limited the amount a person can own as to not have a monopoly on them

Especially for Aviation Dealership which I do not believe is in the game yet(could be wrong), i think it would be good that aviation dealership is only through people as it isn't a necessity like cars

Especially for Aviation Dealership which I do not believe is in the game yet(could be wrong), i think it would be good that aviation dealership is only through people as it isn't a necessity like cars
I just want to sell some helicopters :,( they are cooler than cars

-Biscotti

BIG +1 on the property business idea.

-A "buy to let" system. Buying a property, modernising the interior and either renting it out or selling it. I think that would be nice. 

If its possible, a store that advertises the properties would be sound. 

For the estate agent - in my opinion I think it should work that you buy the business. And you are the person that everyone will go to for a house, even if no one owns them they should get a percentage of the amount it was worth. The owner can employ people and those people will get  a percentage of it as well as the owner.

There should also be a renting option, depending on the location and size of the house it would chagnge and vary.

Players should also be able to sell houses through the estate agents - listing their houses on the market and the estate agent should be able to bring them around if so desired and if the buyer wants to buy the house, they would secure the deal with the agent. All fairly self explanitory! 

Personally, this is the one I would want to own the most, as it has the most RP potential, as well as financial gain. 

I would suggest that a player can only own one major business like car dealerships, aviation dealership, estate agent and the mechanics etc
I fully agree with what Dave said. If you own one type of player owned business you should not be able to own others so that other players get a chance to experience that roleplay rather than everything being run like a monopoly or oligopoly by a few people.

Also I am not sure about real estate agent, however, every other idea seems great to me.

It's like this currently anyway, you can only own one at any time. Regardless of what it is. 

100% a fab idea! I'd love to be able to do interior designing for people! Being able to change wallpaper/flooring/garden aswell as furnishing 😄 I also think that having a council & judge(s) would be fun! Folk getting texts asking them to attend jury duty for the bigger crimes being commited in the city  😊

Last edited by a moderator:
As a large biz owner with fantastic staff (Noble Stores on El Rancho, cheapest fruit in town) i like this idea.

But what must be important is the care,  high quality RP and being active in these roles. We cant have anyone,  we need decent people.

As a large biz owner with fantastic staff (Noble Stores on El Rancho, cheapest fruit in town) i like this idea.

But what must be important is the care,  high quality RP and being active in these roles. We cant have anyone,  we need decent people.
I think there are plenty of "decent" people that would love to open some shops @hawkactual they just need the opportunity! 

This is the plan and always was the plan, just as you can imagine a large task to build it all from scratch!

I do share Stavik's concerns as it is also raised in this post 

Looking at different ways we can keep those not running their shops, at the minute there is no overhead - rent etc for owning a shop or vehicle shop, any ideas here would be appreciated!

One week rent system with the option to do an advanced payment for 2 weeks of rent (more expensive but incase of actual issues stopping you from playing and losing everything).

You get texts/emails when your rent is due within 3 days/2days etc. If rent is not paid in time then it goes to the bank, here the owner has a further 1-3 days to pay the rent before the business goes back on the market for sale. This way it should keep businesses very active and you don't have to wait 3 months to snag up a place like on Arma 🙂

This is the plan and always was the plan, just as you can imagine a large task to build it all from scratch!

I do share Stavik's concerns as it is also raised in this post 

Looking at different ways we can keep those not running their shops, at the minute there is no overhead - rent etc for owning a shop or vehicle shop, any ideas here would be appreciated!
Controversial but maybe approaching active members of the community and offering it to them? Like with Warwicks shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back