What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

RPUK Altis Sherpa Scheme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

download.png

Joining the island fresh off the boat is massively daunting.

Where do you start?

How does this work?

Who can I ask!?

New players are vital to growing our community and giving them the best possible chance to have fun means they are more likely to return. All of us were new once and we can all remember how tough it was. Sure it might be fun to rob a hobo for the sake of it but think of the consequences, will that person ever really want to play again if all that happens is they get robbed? Why not bring the poor fellow into your gang for the day and show them the ropes or spend some time to guide them yourself?​

​

So today I bring you the RPUK Sherpa Scheme.

image.jpeg

'Sherpa is one of the ethnic groups of Tibetan ancestry native to the most mountainous regions of Nepal and the Himalayas. The term sherpa or sherwa derives from the Sherpa language words Shyar ("east") and Pa ("people"), which refer to their geographical origin of eastern Tibet.'

'Many Sherpa are highly regarded as elite mountaineers and experts in their local area. They were immeasurably valuable to early explorers of the Himalayan region, serving as guides at the extreme altitudes of the peaks and passes in the region, particularly for expeditions to climb Mount Everest.'
If you share our vision and want to help new players now is your chance, Staff will be actively looking for players in-game who are helping out new players and guiding them through the basics to get them enjoying the server and playing regularly. We have created a special teamspeak tag for our Sherpa volunteers that will be awarded to those helping new players as well as some Sherpa channels specifically to be used to guide new players, encourage them to join our teamspeak server and use the sherpa channels to teach and guide as much as you like. The Sherpa channels should be used to explain things that can't be done easily in RP such as which buttons to use, the rules etc.

Any active Sherpa will gain a number of potential rewards such as access to the Sherpa teamspeak lounge, the Sherpa TS tag, in-game rewards for those seen to be actively helping new players such as cash, customised vehicle number plates and rare items. ​

There is no application process for this but if you are making an effort and helping new players in-game feel free to send in and admin message with the in-game mobile phone and if Staff are available and see you doing good they may award you with the Sherpa tag on teamspeak. ​

​

Please not a Sherpa is not a member of the staff team, does not convey the opinions of the staff team and does not hold any power to enforce the rules.

Also note - actively taking part in the Sherpa Scheme will greatly improve your chances of successfully applying for the RPUK Staff team!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd also like to welcome our first Sherpa - @NotBailey who has shown great initiative in helping new players without prompt, poke a staff member on TS for your tag!

Top sherpa gets the Tenzing Norgay reward? And I always help newbies, I think a lot of people do.<3 Helps the community

I mean a lot of the problems of new players getting robbed etc could be solved by a police force that helps civilians more , a lot of police roleplay is tailored towards killing bad guys , instead of protecting the general public.

But I can also see that not only is that not as fun for the police but also a logistical nightmare helping new players etc.

Pretty cool idea doe.

Id be interested for sure! 

Anyone needs a hand with anything give me a shout!

@Matt

Would it be a good idea to perhaps have this thread pinned section on the front page of the forum for direct access for newer players and forum members? I know it may be hard for new arrivals to navigate the forum at first.

getting some mad club penguin tour guide vibes

Love the idea! Always loved helping new players and also give them some starting cash to help them out, just love how happy they become when they see the notification. 

Don't want to come across as being TOO dedicated to the whole thing or spreading my own creation everywhere. But I have created a billboard suggestion for the server that advertises the Sherpa scheme to any potential new players that are unaware of it. Please check it out here:

I've been doing this for the past 12 months it's very satisfying helping new players and it doesn't take long to work out they are new. The other night me and @Jefke V gave a substantial amount of cash and a brand new hemit box to some one wanting to start up and do runs.

This sounds really good @Matt, Just what the server needs.
When I have free time in-game I am normally in Kavala helping hobo's out teaching them the rules and helping them do runs, setting them up with trucks and answering there questions. I hope I have helped enough to keep them playing regularly.

@NotBailey That's a great Billboard for Kavala and I hope it gets implemented.

It would be great to have that billboard around and maybe in the future some kind of Building or Kiosk in Kavala where hobo's can come inside and there would be  "Sherpa's" waiting to help people and take them on a tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back