What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Forums - Reintroduce Quick Links & Dropdowns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stealthee

GTA RP Development Team Lead
On a previous navigation theme on the forums, we had a quicklinks dropdown option for faction applications, staff applications, guides, other useful links.

Can we see a return of this in some form or another?

I know it is on the footer navigation, but for the general joe newguy who isn't used to the forums, this isn't directly accessible/friendly. I have seen an increase of people on the discord and sending messages asking for links such as applications etc...

On a sub point, can we see a return in general to dropdown navigation for rules, support etc

Yes I know there are other channels I can post this in to ask devs about xyz, but wanted to know others opinions on it, or if it is just me that found them useful.

Last edited by a moderator:
The previous header we had before this one is returning later today.

image.png

The current one although interesting in design lost a lot of functionally of the previous one we had... which I now admit was the best header this site has ever had! 

So its returning and in future can be improved if needed...(by fonts/links etc) Its been in the mix for a good week or so I have just needed @Tadworth's taddy time which he restricts me to the weekend/sundays only! His IRL time is mean like that!

Once Tadworth has made the change back I will edit the drop downs and make sure everything is current and working

If you can think of any links we was missing on this bar please suggest it in this thread and ill consider it

Found the drop down menu's worked great displayed all the links you needed in one organized space. Now i feel like i have to search for them somewhere on the forums

I did a detailed breakdown of all the old navigation options in this post including which links are now dead and which are missing

@Wilco does the RPUK Gallery not exist anymore? Was looking to find some photos from 2015/16 but it says the gallery's been disabled

I will have a look, I think tadworth did some work on the footer.

The gallery is disabled at the moment @Norman

We have screenshots and videos on the forums and we had a gallery.... what we ended up with was 2 split areas 

Maybe that needs another suggestion to see what people would prefer along with bringing back the clubs

I am not a fan of inactive areas

Disabled at the moment @Norman

We have screenshots and videos on the forums and we had a gallery.... what we ended up with was 2 split areas 

Maybe that needs another suggestion to see what people would prefer along with bringing back the clubs

I am not a fan of inactive areas
I understand there was duplication but there's some great memories in there that would be a shame to loose

it only took 2 more upvotes then xD

@Stealthee happy now ?

Thanks for the link @Norman let me know if the new header/footer is missing anything
Looks great - only things I think are missing under

Support,  Staff Team

This could just be a me problem, but on my ipad the menu is too long so my notification/message buttons are actually off the right of the screen, don't know if Gallery could go under Social?

Looks great - only things I think are missing under

Support,  Staff Team

This could just be a me problem, but on my ipad the menu is too long so my notification/message buttons are actually off the right of the screen, don't know if Gallery could go under Social?
Done! Thanks Norman

As for the IPAD and similar size screens @Tadworth will look into responsiveness shortly... it might be that you will see the mobile menu for screens of this size as a fix.

@Norman small viewports (including your iPad) now work 🙂
image0.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back