What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

PC Building Advice - Parts

NotBailey

Currently, I was considering buying a few computer upgrades so that I am caught up with this generation of parts, and mine are growing considerably older. I have the technical knowhow of building and etc, but I am not experienced in balancing the parts as such as to not create a bottleneck in my performance. I am currently on a last gen motherboard that supports DDR3 RAM. I was thinking of upgrading so that I can run DDR4 RAM and also house a new CPU. Strictly AMD, I was thinking of a Ryzen 7 3700X. Would this create a performance bottleneck with my GPU which is an 4GB MSI AMD Radeon 570X Overclocked?

No good choice the ryzen  3700x is a beast of a chip but they love ddr4 3200mhz  or above but budget 2400mhz will auto clock to 3200mhz so don't worry about that. The rx570 will not bottleneck so don't worry about that. My advice is just chose a decent MB a very good decent priced one is the gigabyte 570x gaming the clocking features are amazing I have one in my lads pc. It auto clocks the CPU depending on temps it's called precision boost my lads boost to 4.8ghz all 8 cores. 

If you want advice hit me up on teamspeak and I'll talk you through it 

I personally would save myself some money and go for a Ryzen 5 2600X. It's more than good enough for everything you need to do, and it's a chip that i am currently using with 2080.

You're saving £140 by switching to the 2600X and you're only losing out on 10% performance.

The RX570 is completely fine, though you may struggle to run games at higher settings, espcecially games like FiveM, Red Dead Redemption 2 ect. But for arma and medium/high settings games, this is fine.

@GREENY I believed that Ryzen enjoyed 3000mhz? I thought that the return on 3200mhz was pretty lackluster, but i may be wrong.

For the motherboard i would go with my motherboard, the B450-F Gaming by Asus. Only £129 new, you can also buy second hand which is never a bad idea from ebay.

Like Greeny, if you need any help just hit me up on Ts or Forums.

https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-B450-F-GAMING/

Some good points but tbh unless we know his budget it's hard to speculate but yeah some good prices out there if your willing to look 

Back