What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Is this how RPUK rolls now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasty94

I haven't been playing for an year now, I came back yesterday, trying to refresh my memory on how to behave and what not to do on the server, I have been in the police force before and I am acquainted with the rules, but as I said, I came back after an year and mistakes might happen and that's exactly what happen yesterday.

It seems that if a player is a "hobo" and not a member of any gang/organization, he/she will have a hard time on the server and will probably get kicked/banned without a warning/reason.

I was just roaming around Kavala with my gun on my back, chilling, and these 3-4 guys(which I have never seen before, I reckon drex was there) started talking to me and one of them was about to point his firearm at me demanding me to put my hands up, I quickly moved behind one of them, unholstered my gun and shot 2 of them down before the other one got me. It seems that I did not initiate before gunning them down, as the adrenaline was kicking in I really didn't remember that the player needs to value the life as well as initiate before shooting someone.

Apparently they got butthurt that I managed to shoot 2 out of 4 guys by myself and started ranting OOC, eventually I gave up, just to find myself minutes later kicked from the server(don't know if banned as I didn't try to reconnect).

I remember back when I was in the police force that such situation would be discussed in the liason room, and try to settle things down even with video recordings. 
Today, I come check the forums, trying to find a thread that would have been started, requesting that I would be banned and I haven't found anything.

I am just wondering if this is how it works now, some guys get butthurt, will most likely call up an admin on discord and get another player kicked/banned just because they can. Is this how RPUK rolls now? No warnings, not even trying to contact the player in question to averiguate what happened? It's a straight kick because he is "no one"?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the mistake you made here was both not initiating and not valuing your life. As such in a situation where you where outnumbered and outgunned; you should have valued you life and followed their instructions. If there was no thread in the report a player section about you then I don't know what you could do. I don't think you would have been kicked for being a hobo, although most trolls happen to be Hobos in Kavala, I believe an admin may have had a talk with you first before kicking you but I can't speak on the behalf of the staff team. Have you been previously banned before?

@Hasty94 There's a lot better ways of raising this issue over making a thread! - Have a look into it and see if you were banned, as you may just have been kicked with the message "Read the rules" - Our RP standards are A LOT higher than other similar servers, and that should be kept in mind - At the end of the day, it's an rp situation, losing the situation is okay, it happens and is a part of the game, and is a lot better than shooting 2 people without adequate roleplay having been given first! 

Why is this in GTA RP chat ? 

In terms of "is this how RPUK rolls now" you obviously cannot remember your time here before very well as since you have been gone our ban process has changed from permanent bans to temporary ones for rule breaks.

The fact you have only been kicked is pretty refreshing so learn from what you did wrong and don't do it again ? Not sure why this needed a forum post in the wrong section

Moving to Altis Life Chat

I was the admin issuing the ban and it states to come on ts to have a word with an admin. I will happily explain why that is. Making this post is not really the correct way to deal with this, so I will lock this and it is up to you now if you are willing to follow the instruction given to you in your ban.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back