What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Capture Zones / Capture Points

What stats would you like to see from these zones

• Total time owned (i.e Gang Y has held Rebel Airport for 12 hours this month!)

Votes: 60 55.6%
  • Total points gained (similar to the above, but the points would just be analogous to time, with poin

Votes: 51 47.2%
  • Total kills in all zones by group (overall)

Votes: 52 48.1%
  • Total kills in each zone by group

Votes: 51 47.2%
  • Total deaths in all zones by group (overall)

Votes: 29 26.9%
  • Total deaths in each zone by group

Votes: 26 24.1%
  • Who currently owns the zone (i.e a live updating zone ownership indicator)

Votes: 77 71.3%

• Total voters

Ciaran

Computer Janitor
Management
Dev Team
Los Santos Police Senior
Los Santos Firefighter
The current capture zones are a bit dated, and are actually a regress from the capture zones I created way back in 2015 which where area based capture zones, where the number of players in a group mattered toward the capture (KOTH style). 

Today I am happy to announce that we will be returning to the area based capture zones, with a new implementation! But we want to make sure that what we create is what everyone wants, so I've got a few questions for the community to answer:

1. What should they be called? Capture Zones? Capture Points? Suggest down below if you have any others and I'll add them to the poll
  2. What statistics would you like to see on the website? Feel free to suggest some down below and I'll let you know if they are possible
  3. Can you think of any additional things we should implement to make these zones unique and fun?
To help you understand how the system works:

• The group with the most people in the zone will begin capturing it - if it is currently owned, they will first have to "drain" the ownership of the current group, before gaining ownership themselves.
  • If two groups have the same amount of people in the zone, it becomes "contested" - no progress is made towards either capturing or draining, until the numbers are imbalanced. See the Contested message below for an example of how this would look if a group called "Test", the Police and another group had equal numbers in the zone.
  • To contribute towards the zone numbers, players must be outside of a vehicle, and hold a weapon in their hand.
  • The zones are NOT persistent - after the server restarts they will be unclaimed and available for claiming. This is a conscious design decision so that everyone can have a chance at capturing the zones, and one group cannot hold it forever without effort.
And finally, to wet your appetite...

image.png
Shows red when the group isn't friendly to you, green when it is.

image.png

(please note that the Airport Military Base is a placeholder, and we are unsure if we are going to actually put this in as a capture zone)

There is no option for "other"... I have learnt people here are creative 🤓

EDIT... I have also learnt I need to read!

Last edited by a moderator:
Total kills by individual players as well
Make this like a leaderboard that resets weekly or something, the time scale that works best would need to be decided based off what people want but I feel a week would probably be sufficient 

Wish this was put in ages ago after the emergency community meeting like we talked about... Hopefully not too late 

either way thanks

Decamp script should be disabled in redzones if we're having capture zones
That is on the table for discussion, I'd be willing to allow this given it's your choice to enter these zones on these terms.

Wish this was put in ages ago after the emergency community meeting like we talked about... Hopefully not too late 

either way thanks
Really? Did I not say on the forums we would prefer a suggestion system that people can vote on and provide constructive feedback rather than a load of table slammers in a room going off topic 

The community voted for such a thing and now we have got around to reading and considering the suggestions like people voted for and here is the first big addition,coded in and nearly ready to go once Ciaran is 100% this is the vision that people want

The suggestions have been a pleasure to read and so have people's on topic additions

Come on @Boab

It was to my knowledge that redzones were to be re-vamped and that was agreed upon long ago, I might be wrong i don't follow every post you make. Not too sure what you are saying? @Wilco

Decamp script should be disabled in redzones if we're having capture zones
Please vote here and give feedback why you voted each way! 👍

@Boab I am saying nothing good has ever come out a community meeting other than the community manager losing the will to live!

Hence why we held a vote for a new suggestion system that people can vote positively and negatively for and provide there feedback or there additions

You might have agreed with someone personally with a group of people in a teamspeak room that this was to be revamped... but that message nor action never happened until a few days ago based on the new suggestion system with its votes and a dev (Ciaran) acting upon them.

Community meetings: 0 - Suggestion system: 1

Total points gained with gangs would be a perfect opportunity to incorporate some of the gang uniforms suggested before for top gangs in control

To add on to what Akula is saying it might be worth getting some knowledgable ppl to make some proper gangskins that can be applied to all types of vehicles / uniforms as the current ones are strictly donator and not used at all.

Is there any plans to incorporate this into the current gangsystem providing rewards to the top 3 gangs who have held zones the longest etc.?

Also seeing development like this being done is hella epic so well done on that

To add on to what Akula is saying it might be worth getting some knowledgable ppl to make some proper gangskins that can be applied to all types of vehicles / uniforms as the current ones are strictly donator and not used at all.

Also seeing development like this being done is hella epic so well done on that
We were originally intending for large groups to submit their own skins for insertion into the mission, and code for this has been in for a while - just the process hasn't been established. @Wilco recently accepted a suggestion relating to this, so we could use this as ONE of the ranking metrics for whether gangs get uniforms or not.

If we think that pre-made uniforms would be better then we could probably get a set made for gangs who don't want to make their own.

@Ciaran would it not simply be easier for you guys and everyone to gather together a punch of skins for possible gang uniforms and ask people to vote for their top 3 lets say, these 3 winners could then be won by gangs by completing some form of task. I just feel that this would no only limit the number of skins needed for you guys to implement cutting down on your dev work but will ensure that the skins added are reasonable and liked by the majority of the community.

@Ciaran would it not simply be easier for you guys and everyone to gather together a punch of skins for possible gang uniforms and ask people to vote for their top 3 lets say, these 3 winners could then be won by gangs by completing some form of task. I just feel that this would no only limit the number of skins needed for you guys to implement cutting down on your dev work but will ensure that the skins added are reasonable and liked by the majority of the community.
I might be out of touch... but would gangs rather not have there own look and own style with there logo on the arm than some generic spunk of colour ?

I might be out of touch... but would gangs rather not have there own look and own style with there logo on the arm than some generic spunk of colour ?
Could have 2 different ways of getting a uniform.

1. Just be an active gang and get your own personalised gang uniform

2. Win a community gang uniform for doing well in the zones

From the experiences I've had gangs are not overly bothered about the exact look of their uniform and should you put in on a particular piece of clothing they would not be forced to wear it. Most gangs are just happy to have something that makes them stand out over others as long as they skins that are designed and implemented don't make peoples eyes bleed just by looking at them there will be minimal complaining I imagine. Also these standardized gang uniforms would be able to be easier transferred to vehicles and not just clothing

On a side note should it be made so that gangs are to submit their own skins for implementation you may find you run into issues where some gangs don't have someone with the necessary skill to create a uniform for the group which will likely lead to some very botched and strange looking requests. At least if the community is supplied with a collection of well designed and thought out skins you will know the skins are off a quality that yourself and everyone wants to see on the server.

Could have 2 different ways of getting a uniform.

1. Just be an active gang and get your own personalised gang uniform

2. Win a community gang uniform for doing well in the zones
Exactly this - this system would work very well 

Back