What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Community Meeting

HarleyRose

Hello all!

As an active and sociable member of the city, a few concerns have been raised by a handfull of residents in the city. After a lengthly discussion locally, we thought that having a community meeting in the city hall with the higher ups would help clarify some questions that we have. This wouldn't be a place where issues such as "my phone doesn't work" would be discussed. This would be a constructive/detrimental issues that we feel would be beneficial to be talked through in a civil manner. Obviously, there will always be a chance of skiddys appearing, so maybe this could be a booked/locked room for those who have "booked their seats" to keep everything being discussed in a peaceful manner. We would be greatful for your input on this and if possible when it could be scheduled to take place.

Thank youu 😊

Honestly this is well needed within the community for both servers, to keep the morale up within the community. I would love to be there at the time of the event, and i would also like to see the leaders of the community to also attend to hear straight from the community what people need to say. 

I really enjoyed our mini meeting in Legion and it gave me some new perspectives on things I've been thinking about a lot in regards to the server. Hopefully a server scale meeting could help bring these perspectives, views and opinions forward to the people who actually have the power to act on them. Great suggestion 👍

Let’s get it going! Looking forward to this, honestly think this will be such a good thing for the community 

This is a great idea! A meeting with the people of the community where they can bring up constructive feedback, issues and concerns which hopefully are going  to lead for a better future! There definetly are a good amount of people who have been around for a good time who can help for the better. 

" with the higher ups "
Who might these be ?

@Stavik Any of the higher ranked staff/developers who want to hear honest feedback and who can possibly make change happen if needs be 😊

The same applies to GTA RP

Community meetings are nothing but a waste of time, it doesnt lead to anything good other than giving the person conducting it a major headache, after this community once chewed an actual ear off a community manager you will get no one in a position attend one.

Use the forums, There is a suggestion system and I know so far @Stealthee has read this and acted upon this more than the Arma 3 side.

This way its all recorded, people can actually vote on what you want rather than the community meeting gauge of who shouted the loudest.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's little disappointing to be tarred with the same brush if i'm being honest. There are plenty of people in the city who can hold a civil conversation and respect each outcome wither it's in their favour or not, without throwing their toys out the pram! Alas, I can also understand where you're coming from too. I'm sure we'll still have a community meeting but will post the outcome on the forums. Thank you anyway! 👌

@Tink93 That is unfortunately where we got to in regards to community meetings.

By all means host your own community meetings, but any ideas/suggestions then please still submit them via the forums 👍

The same applies to GTA RP

Community meetings are nothing but a waste of time, it doesnt lead to anything good other than giving the person conducting it a major headache, after this community once chewed an actual ear off a community manager you will get no one in a position attend one.

Use the forums, There is a suggestion system and I know so far @Stealthee has read this and acted upon this more than the Arma 3 side.

This way its all recorded, people can actually vote on what you want rather than the community meeting gauge of who shouted the loudest.
Don't get me wrong, I completley see where you are coming from here when you come from this community from the way it has gone from 2014 up until now. However... FiveM has got a completley new face of community leaders, we are all a bunch of people that only care for a constructive meeting, where we elect one person from each group to have points that are raisesd in game (at the city hall for example) to give any concerns or praise to the managment that would be listening to the meetings about the state of the server, because we all want the very best for it.

I think that putting it on the  forums is great, it is a public platform that everyone can see - but it can be hard to always understand peoples intentions and unfortunatley people are afraid to say stuff a lot of the time cos it is easy for constructive critisism to be taken as a straight up insult. The meeting would be a lot more personal and interactive - people would get the inside view of what is going on, and if anyone were to be a dick during it they would be swiftly removed.

I, as well as a lot of other people, would really appreciate the chance to give this sort of thing a new shot - and if you'd allow it, I think you would be pleasnantly surprised.

Why not have a mayoral election and have the mayor listen to the voices within the community about the issues they want resolved then the mayor can go to the government and request support/funding/action on the issues and policies he or she wants to implement. 

Community meeting and some role play all in one. 

Wilco has essentially voiced my concerns with this topic and I actively try to communicate as much as I can with players on ALL sides, from the police, NHS/Fire and LostMC (At all levels) to Grove Street, the carshop guys, the white doves, and the firm + many many more. A lot of the time unless you know my voice you might not have realised that I was there in-game speaking to you or just listening... Some I have spoken to a bit more than others, but it is something I do try and keep up with in-game, on the forums and somewhat on discord. So it was a bit of a kick in the teeth to read people have major concerns or feel they can't ask questions, but maybe this was me taking the whole post the wrong way.

After each update I always ask random people in-game okay, major concerns, XYZ okay, change ABC, ideas etc, as well as actively ready literally every suggestion and bug report. It is time consuming and sometimes a bit draining to speak to everyone as well as maintain steady development/updates/internal politics. How some of the management team have done it for 6 years for free I don't bloody know...

The community meeting definetly has a bad reputation of developers, staff and management being targetted by an angry mob, we all want one thing here (I think most of the time) is to have fun, to game and to contribute to the community as a whole (Whether that be playing, enjoying, developing, creating, designing, or enforcing like a generic stormtrooper we all have a role to play).

I'll have a chat with @Tink93 over the next few days and we will work something out and will post the outcome/proposed plan here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do not take this as a kick in the teeth at all @Stealthee - we were all there in the meeting praising your dedication and development to the server - this meeting includes some stuff that is somewhat out of your control that we want to all get together for and find out how to control it. There’s some staff sides of things that we’d like to talk about to staff as well as just various other island related questions.

Like I said to Wilco also above, we all completely understand why you’d be against the idea of this based on past experiences with Altis and how the player base can be, but FiveM as a game attracts more of an RP based audience that only wants the best for the server. In the circle of about 20 people where this idea was born, we were all there having a civilised discussion, taking it in turns to talk cos we were all on the same page- and I honestly believe that is how it’ll go in the meeting that we’d have in game - cos we all have the same interest, bettering the community

Back