What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

More admins / harsher punishments!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lube

In no way am I criticising the current admins and I know they work incredibly hard. I just feel due to the scale of the server, it would be beneficial to have a greater staff presence in general.

Since I have started playing the GTA server, the number of VDMers and RDMers has been a major limiting factor for my experience. Of course, playing as a medic and a cop will ultimately lead to myself being a greater target however in the past few days, I have found myself a lot more aggravated over the issue than usual.

I will use tonight as an example. There was a brief, maybe 1 hour period of no staff presence on the server at all. In this period, legion square had effectively descended into an anarchistic state where every police officer on the server literally had to barricade themselves together and then spent the next 30 minutes defending themselves from countless articulated lorries being driven towards the police positions. It was comparable to some of the videos that can be seen from early on in the 2011 Tottenham Riots (Except rather than burning shopping trolleys, it was articulated lorries and vans). This period occurred on the peak playing time of the server of around 9.00pm. I have seen this replicated numerous times recently.

This leads onto my second point of the actual punishments that are given to those who offend. Now, I have no idea how to correctly administrate a roleplay server however one thing I feel I can see is clear in the GTA server in comparison to Altis Life is how relaxed the punishment system is. I came over from Altis life with a very good knowledge of the Altis Life punishment system. I had rightfully been punished multiple times for stupid mistakes I had made on Altis Life. In FiveM, I can often see the same individual screaming racial slurs while ramming a vehicle into myself get kicked and told to read the rules twice within 24 hours. Now that was only one incident but I see very little bans on the server in comparison to a much less active Altis Life server and I don't think I have ever seen a GTA RP unban appeal. I would understand if it was a situation where rules where fairly well kept to on the server however this is not the case. Most players are mature and pleasant however there is still a large proportion of people who join with the sole reason of trolling, screaming racial slurrs and trying to ruin everyones RP experiences.

I do however understand that the actual community has a role to play in submitting report a players however there only so many you can do especially with a game that is so hard to actually identify anyone in the situations.

I would like to emphasise, this is feedback from a single persons perspective and the reason I say such things is I really do want the server to thrive. There is nothing more I would like to see 1 year from now than a community triple the size with 3 full servers.

Lube

I see one "report a player" post from you....

I am not sure if you aware of what the admin sees but you can only watch either one or a group of people at a time depending on who or what area you are currently viewing.

Report a player reports come in real handy! The community should be doing what they can to keep things clean

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand that, this is something I mentioned that I will try and do more of in the future.

But may I also add, I have reported people in the past who have had no intention of RP (not including any in-game disagreement). With GTA 5, the tools available for users to actually track down any persons is not there. This strengthens the frustration. In addition through discord and in-game, I would like to say that I put in an effort of reporting things without crossing the line of just being annoying and spamming admins and support channels. To write a report a player will often take over an hour which I am sure, most of us will not do every single time due to us actually wanting to play the server for fun as a hobby. When I have reported things in the past, they have been specific incidents which I have genuinely felt angered about. I would refer to my last report a player where the situation I witnessed left me feeling outraged.

However, why would any new player follow such routes, if I was new to the server and experienced some of what I had on the FiveM server recently, the last thing I would do is be spending my first hours on the server reporting people. I would have just left and found another server. Hence why I think this feedback should be taken constructively.

I mean I get what you mean Lube, but you could always apply for staff yourself to help? I know you can't report everyone cause you don't know their name/ID half the time. Plus if they had stricter punishments, they might as well go back to the old "anything is a permaban" which is unfair on those who broke something minor

I mean I get what you mean Lube, but you could always apply for staff yourself to help? I know you can't report everyone cause you don't know their name/ID half the time. Plus if they had stricter punishments, they might as well go back to the old "anything is a permaban" which is unfair on those who broke something minor
From my perspective, there are lots of people out there who would love to be admins and would do a much better job than I could.

In terms of punishments, I am not saying perma ban everyone, but I just feel for some things such as racism, a kick just isn't enough. I don't know how the 5M ban system works but I just feel it should be a little stricter than what I can currently see.

I believe there is now a method for you to actually get characters names for reports now, I'm rather sure there is a report currently up where they do exactly that. 

Also I will add that gta was also free not to long ago which always attracts trolls the same as arma when that's on sale we see an increase. 

Also if you don't know how the ban system works then is it fair to judge it? Personally from my perspective its perfectly fine. As for anyone who agrees with the comment on "should be more staff" then feel free to apply as someone else can stay on until 5/6am instead if they like 😂 

(it's a joke my sleeping pattern is fucked anyway) 😂

I thought I'd chip in with what I've seen. Yesterday there were a group of streamers minging about. They stole a bus, ran people over and kept throwing every RP literally and figuratively under the bus, usually coming over to disturb before running away. I personally probably lost my ambulance twice due to them stealing it, as well as had to deal with around 5 separate incidents involving the same bus running over and killing people.

The issue is that I couldn't tell who the hell they were. I couldn't make a report, there was no at single clue as to who they were because they were smart and used names different from their usernames when talking to each other.

Full support for a new system to identify people, even if it risks Meta slightly.

Due to the fact that this community's FiveM server is not whitelisted I believe that the ban times should either be extended to much longer periods or made permanent until appealed all together (maybe not to all rules, but the major ones such as RDM, Poor Roleplay, RVDM, etc.). I have had quite a few bad experiences on the server with people breaking rules and I do try and report as many of them as I can to staff, however, this is not always possible. 

It is not fair for me to judge the ban system as I know close to nothing of it, however, these are my thoughts.

I think the system is fine as it is. I've seen people scream rdm on ooc because I killed them in self defence. It's the Internet, even white listed servers have assholes on them as whitelisting is not the magic sponge to fix all problems. 

Best advice I can give is go to discord and report the issue. Alert someone's atrention and hope it stops and if it doesn't then take your own preventative measures. For example don't go to legion Square for a start. It's cancer there. Move your rp to any one of the other locations you can play in and start over. The game map is large. Plenty of places to go to avoid the asshole quotient until it is removed. 

Locked and moved to rejected, however passed to staff leads to discuss to let them know of opinions etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back