What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Remove NLR in redzone (Or decrease)

Boab

Banned
Remove NLR in redzone (Or decrease)

Detailed Rule Suggestion:

With the new update that is hopefully coming soon to the redzones I believe that redzones should be exempt from NLR. it's pretty straight forward as it will increase the amount of activity and fun that people can have as there will be less waiting around on people coming back from NLR. Or atleast change the timer maybe to 5 minutes in the redzone as this will keep people occupied and have something to constantly play and do.

Outline how your rule will improve the server/community:

More activity
Less waiting around and being afk
people will be less likely to log off

Think about any bad points your rule suggestion might have:

Gangs with a lot of numbers might have an advantage by zerging or constantly slamming with lots of numbers till they win over the zones.

What punishment if any should breach of this rule have:

if it is removed, not sure how you would breach it.

5 mins NLR just isn’t worth it, by the time people fly to advanced and back to redzones even in a jet it will be more than 5 mins.

5 mins NLR just isn’t worth it, by the time people fly to advanced and back to redzones even in a jet it will be more than 5 mins.
I said remove and put 5mins incase people disagreed, hopefully u wont need to go to advanced to gear up soon...

I've got to somewhat agree here, having no NLR timer means everyone will be trying to buy all the houses, gang bases etc directly next to the red zone. You die, you grab a new gun and gear from the base and you go straight back into the combat. Unless you were quick enough to buy a house or gangbase you don't stand a chance, you kill someone and they are back fully geared in a matter of minutes and the guy you'd just killed knows exactly where you are! 

Doesn't bring any opportunities for RP.

I've got to somewhat agree here, having no NLR timer means everyone will be trying to buy all the houses, gang bases etc directly next to the red zone. You die, you grab a new gun and gear from the base and you go straight back into the combat. Unless you were quick enough to buy a house or gangbase you don't stand a chance, you kill someone and they are back fully geared in a matter of minutes and the guy you'd just killed knows exactly where you are! 

Matt it's a redzone I don't think people are going to be rp'ing either way, also with the new redzone update that is hopefully coming I am hoping that the suggestion for new spawn points and places to gear up in nearer the redzone will be accepted, so no people wont be buying houses etc.

Fights are dead, something needs to change for the new zones or it will be the same thing all over again. People dont rp at advanced and never will. It´s either hands up or you get knocked out. Adding a 5 min nlr on zones is a must if you want them to be popping again.

I agree with everything you say here, apart from the rp stuff you have bought up? It’s a redzone, people don’t go there for RP, so not point bringing it into the equation. I think you mean the RP of gearing up at Advanced - but you have to remeber that people would be bulk buying weapons etc - so you would catch them with large shipments of weapons in helis. As well as homes can be raided and groups make big money from it.

Agree with their needing to be a short NLR length of time in place, but no more than 5 minutes

Last edited by a moderator:
5 minute NLR in redzone is pretty balanced, stops people just re spawning and returning to the fight within 1 minute but isn't too long so by the time people are back from Advanced / NPAS / Poseidon base NLR is over

+1

I mean when you go to the red zone's you should be rewarded for your skill, not just a place where you can have a continuous gunfight. 
Listen Corrie that makes 0 sense how can 'Skill' be killing someone and then sitting on a point till you cap it without any challenge because the person you killed can't return for 15 minutes that's dumb as fuck.  If anything no NLR would make the skill cap higher because people holding are gonna have to have a solid hold...

And to reiterate to the people talking about how people will just spawn in their gang bases in the zone and gear up well that is why you should go on over and vote for more spawn points and places to gear up nearer to the redzone for all people, i believe butch suggested it somewhere with examples.

For these redzones to work there can't be NLR or a decamp script, we also need these spawn points, there is nothing worse than spending 20 minutes flying from one end of the map to the other. 

These spots might work? Also a new spawn at the airfield for people with Advanced however only with a vehicle garage and air garage, a new viper spawn at the DMT close to OG. As that spawn is op as fk all tho its a 50m license maybe a cooldown of like an hr would work. Would help ppl gear quicker and go to caps. Idk placement dont matter but just the idea of each combat unit getting a hq close to caps and civs getting one aswell. Devs can figure out the exact whereabouts. All those spots have compound where signs for the different menus need to be added

Reducing NLR/removing for red zones is essential for these zones to succeed, remember it already takes time to gear up and get back without the NLR, with it becomes excessive, frustrating and a bore.  For the people worried about rp, you will get it outside of the zones and probably will get more of it and less of people just hunting for fights as they can go somewhere to get them now. 

Listen Corrie that makes 0 sense how can 'Skill' be killing someone and then sitting on a point till you cap it without any challenge because the person you killed can't return for 15 minutes that's dumb as fuck.  If anything no NLR would make the skill cap higher because people holding are gonna have to have a solid hold...
Right Boab, what i meant by "skill" is that if you kill someone and they keep coming back because there is no NRL then there is no threat of death if there is no threat of dying then there is no risk to losing the fight that overall brings the skill level required down making it where whoever has the biggest group can easily over-run and camp a zone, That then brings me on to my second issue where the only active part of the map could them potentially just be the RedZone's but that in of itself could not inherently be a bad thing as you see I added a good point for the suggestion of it could be a money sinkhole as people would be re-gearing at such a rate there bank account would drain requiring them to rob/RP thing more in order to get more gear to cap a RedZone.

Right Boab, what i meant by "skill" is that if you kill someone and they keep coming back because there is no NRL then there is no threat of death if there is no threat of dying then there is no risk to losing the fight that overall brings the skill level required down making it where whoever has the biggest group can easily over-run and camp a zone, That then brings me on to my second issue where the only active part of the map could them potentially just be the RedZone's but that in of itself could not inherently be a bad thing as you see I added a good point for the suggestion of it could be a money sinkhole as people would be re-gearing at such a rate there bank account would drain requiring them to rob/RP thing more in order to get more gear to cap a RedZone.
You make 0 sense.

Per discussions between the staff team in light of the newest update. Fixed redzones have a reduced NLR, now 5 minutes. Have fun, stay safe, re-gear and go again! This does not apply to the SAF cargo drop!

Thanks for using the forum and suggesting this. Rules Changelog will be updated and the rulespage aswell.

Back