What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Add a hidden meth processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

William Antrim

Would it be possible to add a hidden Meth processor? The reason I ask is there is a spot already in the game decked out with the correct kit that is waiting to be used. It would also spread the playerbase across the map a little more. (for the purposes of RP I wont post the location here because it would defeat the purpose of implementation but if any staff members arent sure of what I am referring to please feel free to contact me via pm and i will provide further information). 

I realise there is more to life than meth processing but for some people this is all they have and do as they've not explored far beyond the most simple "money train". It might be a nice reward for the explorers/those who want to get a little bit deeper in their roleplay. 

+support

But don't let the cops know about this one, that might have them do some more proactive work other than having half the force near a single island in the map so theycan try and rope half the criminal underworld into fines they're not gonna pay.

Do we need more than one processor per? I dont think so personally.
Meth is marked on the map to make it easy for newcomers to do illegal stuff. If you dont want to do a run thats so busy and risky, do the other kinds.

I think Cocaine and Meth should swap. So Meth is hidden completely, and Cocaine Pro is marked but not field

doesnt matter if its hidden or not tbh some criminal will snitch to get less punishment from court and then boom we know same as we know cocaine pro

Personally I don't think any of the illegal areas should be marked. It would encourage more interaction between players as they try to find out where they are, and also mean that the police could try to find them to shut them down.

Personally I don't think any of the illegal areas should be marked. It would encourage more interaction between players as they try to find out where they are, and also mean that the police could try to find them to shut them down.
This was the original plan, I'm monitoring this thread to see if we remove all illegal locations from the map.

By removing them from the map, I am open to making them more lucrative, as the obstacles you need to go through to get the information is harder.

EDIT:

An ideas was also brought to me to essentially allow police to close down an operation at one location and it will move to the next location. EG: Location gets out, people are being daft with locations and not valuing them, police get word of it - they close it down and people need to find the information again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm all for hidden locations, but at the same time the hidden ones we have now are passed onto Others for ridiculously cheap and the sellers don't take the reactions of other towards them too seriously for doing so as they respawn and go straight back to selling them for cheap like nothing happend

This was the original plan, I'm monitoring this thread to see if we remove all illegal locations from the map.

By removing them from the map, I am open to making them more lucrative, as the obstacles you need to go through to get the information is harder.

EDIT:

An ideas was also brought to me to essentially allow police to close down an operation at one location and it will move to the next location. EG: Location gets out, people are being daft with locations and not valuing them, police get word of it - they close it down and people need to find the information again.
This would work, if, as you say, when police find them in roleplay they can shut them down which would result in them moving locations. This then adds to the idea that people need to be quiet about the locations and at the same time allow for police operations and intelligence gathering to mean something and have consequences. 

My only concern would be that "legal" jobs would need to be more prominent as to right now as far as I am told, nothing is really "worth". (Could be wrong though as I have not tested them myself) 

My only concern would be that "legal" jobs would need to be more prominent as to right now as far as I am told, nothing is really "worth". (Could be wrong though as I have not tested them myself) 
Mining is a good one as long as their isn't bandits at the smelter but I could see that becoming harder now that no one seems to know how to blowtorch into trucks while your inside now, and while mechanics isnt as lucrative it's still relatively easy money for a system that actually works all the time now.

Taxi work is so so there's downtime between pickups but the pay seemed fair for what you do

If you have hidden locations can we have 3 of each element around the city, as over time everyone will get to know where they are but PD can still "shut" one down and have some RP with it whereas criminals can still do their stuff. Can we also have the weed left open for people so that they can at least have an activity that would at some point give them an opportunity to bump into other drug dealers through RP. Then they have more chance to "move up the ladder" basically. 

Giving the ability to police of shutting down areas is very powerful. Considering the fact that many police officers also play criminal characters there is bound to be a conflict further down the line. Shutting down locations for personal benefit, etc. I just think that when the locations should change regardless once a month or something. Then, during that month, if the location has become so known that it is common knowledge in the police then it can be manually moved by Devs, but giving this function to the police could prove to be overpowered. I understand we need to aim for realism, however, we need to understand that this is a game and its hard to seperate two characters completly. 

If locations are to be moved more often then legal jobs must become more profitable, as right now they cannot even be compared to the illegal ones. Especially when you use time as a unit of measurement. (Mining is not extremely bad, it could use a boost but I am mainly refering to the licenced jobs such as mechanic and taxi).

These are just my thoughts on the matter 🙂

Let me clarify what I mean by "shut down". I only mean that the police could/would learn the location (its going to happen eventually) and then through some investigative work (arrests, following known felons etc) they could identify location X in use at the time. Covert undercover surveillance from the PD for example could tip them off that location X is currently in use as a drug lab or whatever. The police would then be able to swoop in, conduct a raid and round up the bad guys for arrest, processing and detainment. Dont get me wrong I am not fully versed in what PD does but I would like to think that those that give their time to devote to such a career should have as much right to a reward as the rest of the server. 

This would create a huge RP scenario for PD but also all the blues and twos would give criminal players a heads up not to go to that location for an hour or two (IRL) whilst police are conducting their investigations. Thus, in order to continue their own RP the criminals would go to another "safer" location to conduct their activities whilst the heat dies down. 

This simulates real life in that PD get to do some actual investigation, talk with suspects, witnesses, canvass the area and all of that. Perhaps they can detain a few people also and then leave the area with their work complete. Criminals (the smart ones anyway) will avoid the area for a while and everyone gets to continue having fun whilst maintaining an element of realism. I would not want to see these locations moving every month just to keep people moving around as that would just become a chore for the devs to keep thinking up novel places to move them to whilst the players just get frustrated. 

The knowledge of where these locations are would be great for criminal RP, if new people come along you wont just hand out the locations of where your good suppliers/contacts/customers are, you want them to earn it. Not everyone will want/need to know all 3 locations but lots of people will look to find out about 2 of them at least as when the PD are shutting one down then they can go to the alternate one. 

If the players treat the city with the respect it deserves it can create meaningful and enjoyable situations for all concerned. I fear that the current system contains a bottleneck at the meth processor because A) the meth is the most valuable commodity and B) it is the only visible location on the map. If either of these factors were adjusted it may hopefully spread the love to the rest of the city. 

Thanks for taking your time to make this suggestion. It has already been implemented but by changes to the locations etc and so will he moved to implemented. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back