What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Gun Damage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymous Eagle

GDPR Removed
Going off the melee thread and Stealthee's comment about feedback and that this may come as a touchy subject to some but it can't hurt to have a hopefully friendly and constructive discussion about it and what if required can be changed, so once again im not demanding anything just looking for others opinions and see what comes from it

Pistol head shots - the ones i've used seem to be 1 head shot is insta down where as body shots are more depending on armor/health while this makes sense and the chance of them coming naturally without taking the time to aim in first person it should be a lot lower. with head-shots being lethal with pistols they are strong - If we are playing the realistic card then they should be 1 shot but all head shots from all guns should be 1 shot but its a game and some sort of middle ground perhaps say 2 or so head-shots perhaps or if armor is on it should have an effect on it

i like the damage difference between the different pistols it should make sense that .50 does more then the little snub nose but maybe they can all be toned down

SMG/UZIS - I've seen people put magazines in to people only to be 1 bombed by the pistol toting player, They are good for vehicle shooting (i'll get into that) but on foot seem to be a bit of a pea shooter compared to pistols.  i would suggest either a damage buff and higher recoil due to the rapid fire or same/lower damage with less recoil for these again i think ive used an uzi once or twice so someone with more experience could perhaps suggest better ways please do

Shotguns - Personally i like the shotgun you need to be up close to be extremely dangerous and its a big boy gun that should be feared but anyone with half an iq knows getting distance from it makes it less useful i wouldn't mind if it did more damage to cars like a few rounds into an engine should disable it

Shooting from vehicles - Now this to me is the bigger problem, Some people have taking it up on them selves to decide to be the initiator/aggressor from inside a car  because you can fire pistols/smgs almost instantly and reloads are almost instant. in a car you dont have to wait for it to come out of your arse crack and the people outside a car can not see the gun in your hands untill you start aiming or shooting where as on foot you can see the gun when its selected.

Ive had far too many shootouts with people that just refuse to get out of the car due to the advantage of it plus the protection of the car, on a bike its also an advantage for shooting times but you are still completely open - I'm not sure what can be done about this but i would not be against it taking longer to start shooting from a car and to reload or for their to be less accuracy from cars or even armor protection of cars but i dont know what can or cant be done about it

The only other thing that i could raise is people with external cross-hairs, some people are using them and it would be foolish for people to say otherwise im sure we've all seen the ridiculous shots people can make so no need to get in a shit throwing contest over it but what can we honestly do about it, im sure a rule could be made to say dont do it but i would imagine its one of them rules that it would be easy to make the claims harder to prove and im not sure what can actually be done to enforce it 

Im hoping this wil be a nice peaceful discussion and not endup in shade throwing contest at other people 

I like the idea that shotguns should be proficient at disabling vehicles. 

I am an avid user of the Uzi and I must say that I have had experiences where I had to shoot an entire magazine into someone to kill them, sometimes they do not even die. I believe there needs to be a damage buff to these, especially considering how rare they are now days. However, these are very powerful in vehicles as covered above. A possible solution would be to have a timed delay as if you were on foot to go from unarmed to armed. Additionally, there should be something visable to show you are armed inside the vehicle. 

As for pistols, I think it is completly reasonable to have 1 hit headshots, especially with the .50 cal. Maybe the Vintage and SNS could require 2 head shots but considering the .50 Cal Pistol uses .50 cal ammo it should reflect that damage-wise. 

Personally I'd like to see the server at a state where any guns are very rare, and are only shown in public by the brash and stupid or when something serious is going down that warrants a person to bring out their heavy hitter.

To reflect this, bullets of all calibres should deal some serious damage. They are designed to kill and destroy, and vehicles should be no exception to this, with the exception of armoured cars/vans.

GTA is, first and foremost, a game. As such it does have mechanics that are outlandish, such as being able to drive and shoot perfectly with no consequences. Perhaps a decent solution to your issue would be disabling the gun wheel for drivers if they were moving over 5mph? Then you'd still be able to bring out your gun when stationary, or going very slowly along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back