What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

What, in your opinion, was the golden era of ALUK/RPUK?

WhoisDan

Yeastological Expert
Lifetime Donator
And why? (Also the answer 'right now' is perfectly valid if that's how you feel, I'm just curious as to people's opinions)

For me it was undoubtebly around late 2015, when the Marmite Miners were at their peak, we had an abudance of what were in hindsight decent gangs (Ghost Cartel, TI, TKC, etc). We also had static gangbases (RIP the Marmite pit and arena). As a member of staff at the time, I liked the Mentor > Game Admin > Admin > Management system we had. I can't remember if he left earlier than late 2015, but if memory serves I think Maratek was still police commander at the time, who was- in my opinion- far and away the best police leader this server has seen. On top of that, the player numbers were good, we were filling up two servers more or less every night, and the community as a whole- despite the differences some of us had with each other- had a very closeknit feel to it. Everyone kind of knew everyone (maybe it's still that way now, it's just that I'm not around enough anymore to see it, idk). 

Probably between 2016 and 2017, i would say that is the golden era because of the amount of players and also the quality of roleplay back then

I would say 2017 (before I joined the community) or 2018 when I first joined the community. Player base was good, server was full everyday. UNMC had just fallen and Poseidon had just come in. Economy was great.. Most people I met during that time have stayed in the community like Riz. Experienced players didn't touch new players (unlike now). Roleplay was good. I could RP as Police without people wanting my Beret

I would say 2017 (before I joined the community) or 2018 when I first joined the community. Player base was good, server was full everyday. UNMC had just fallen and Poseidon had just come in. Economy was great.. Most people I met during that time have stayed in the community like Riz. Experienced players didn't touch new players (unlike now). Roleplay was good. I could RP as Police without people wanting my Beret
Experienced players did touch the new ones, back then it was just normal to help the new players instead of robbing them

Last edited by a moderator:
And why? (Also the answer 'right now' is perfectly valid if that's how you feel, I'm just curious as to people's opinions)

For me it was undoubtebly around late 2015, when the Marmite Miners were at their peak, we had an abudance of what were in hindsight decent gangs (Ghost Cartel, TI, TKC, etc). We also had static gangbases (RIP the Marmite pit and arena). As a member of staff at the time, I liked the Mentor > Game Admin > Admin > Management system we had. I can't remember if he left earlier than late 2015, but if memory serves I think Maratek was still police commander at the time, who was- in my opinion- far and away the best police leader this server has seen. On top of that, the player numbers were good, we were filling up two servers more or less every night, and the community as a whole- despite the differences some of us had with each other- had a very closeknit feel to it. Everyone kind of knew everyone (maybe it's still that way now, it's just that I'm not around enough anymore to see it, idk). 
Im biased so all of this, but i spent most of my time as police and would also say before all the police suddenly had to have numbers in their name

For ALUK, I think 2015 holds some of my favourite memories, such as the original UNMC and Maratek spawning an APC/tank to attack the checkpoint! It was also a time when people cared a lot more about their characters, and their actions on the server. The most common form of gunfight to see was with handguns, and the police could spend more time RPing without worrying about someone coming to target them.

For RPUK, I think that we're going to see a new golden era with the FiveM server. There's so much more you can do than Arma, and that's showing in the RP that some people are doing.

but i spent most of my time as police and would also say before all the police suddenly had to have numbers in their name
I've never been in the police long enough to get my own number anyway, but if I did get that far I would refuse to put it in my name

i do miss hobo roulette and the struggle of getting them to the marmite base and the marmite tax demanding 50 marmite to use the base ha

2 0 1 7

Since that's when i joined.

We had 2 full servers and even then you sometimes had to wait to join. You had Blaze and Mctavish running the UNMC, You had amazing gangs such as TCK roaming around protecting copper runners whilst also messing with Police. Was fun

A simple abbreviation... T C K ☺️

Spring 2016 to Spring 2018. But i think FiveM will take this place further.

2015-17 Prime TCK days with @John Dillinger @Stavik @SALV @Clarity @TCK Pee Money @Matt @Hoax  (and many more)

Or joing the police and being on Tinychat with the Athira boys at night Ponty/Tadworth/Jas/Renegade/Ivhan/Randomised/Greg/Xsum/Archie

I miss having management led community newsletters, ingame events, active community managers and nearly 3 full servers at the weekend. (@FriendlyFireGuy  / @Neo)

Tanoa life was also really good (Thanks @TinyBigJacko) even if it was short lived

I enjoyed it when people made more videos @Banana Duck @Droge Worst @DainMK @Unlucky George

Joining the NHS and getting to know @lionel @CMO Marc Smith @ex CMO Joel Denning @TomTheDoge @Mickeey @Willis @Newt @Lharmon etc

Becoming CMO and working with some truely awesome devs on projects (@Ciaran @Rath @ArrogantBread @V @TBJ  @Tadworth @Eclipse @DjHolyChirst @MrKraken)

Alongside some other awesome faction leaders @Khandamir @Edgar Ville @blaze @kech @Masis @Singh @Haemisch @CMO Jeffrey @Dredd @Tadworth @Beecroft @Aiden @Xsum 

EDIT: My favourite time was probably when I was innocent / oblivious to the faction/server politics and found everything on the server so genuinely exciting.  Or when I started off as a faction leader and we got to be in #staff-banter on Slack / when the relationship between faction leaders and the staff team was a lot closer

How can I say anything other than what Dan (who is he?) has already said. 2015 with MM was the best.
And as Stavik said, FiveM is getting there imo.

Early 2017 when i had just started playing properly & experiencing what was on offer for the first time. I miss being scared of getting robbed & losing more than my bank account's worth while doing aluminium runs & joining my first group

I miss the Marmite Miners days. I miss the people I spoke to everyday, seems like it was so long ago now 😞

I think we can all agree that the best times for all of us, is when you are just starting out. 

When you're alone or in a small group, doing your first drug run, and absolutely shitting it and hoping you don't get caught.

Nowadays I don't get that feeling of immense anxiety, but it's definitely that feeling I look back on and think of the thrill I had.

Back