What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Melee actually being effective

Status
Not open for further replies.

bm7t

Can melee lock-on be added back, melee weapons are completely useless and guns are extremely expensive so the people who run around with knives and baseball bats can't do anything

Melee weapons are now skill based, not useless. Guns are expensive as they should be.

Los Santos doesnt exist so everyone can be armed to the teeth and be able to be a god  with any and all kinds of weapons.

I believe removing the lock on for melee battles was a bad choice. It has massively removed the ability for the lower economy individuals to defend themselves and even roleplay on the server completely.

I have witnessed multiple melee fights where they have been trying to hit each other and I felt like I was watching Stevie Wonder fight Ray Charles. It was honestly embarrassing watching two individuals spamming their mouse buttons and chinning absolutely nothing at all and getting the lucky hit in every now and then. It has made it nearly impossible for the lower economy people on the server to once again defend themselves and create roleplay scenarios.

For example, If a fight breaks out in Legion Square, players will gather to watch and it poses further issues as someone can get accidentally attacked by fists/melee weapons as players have to literally pray you are going to strike the right person as they are performing a “dance” around each other.

Another example, say an individual has spat on my car and i want to give him a swift bop to his jaw. He has now started to run away and i cant hit him because once again i am punching the air, as i am punching the air he is gaining more distance on me and gets away with being aggravating. I'm not going to shoot him, because that's a bit excessive for spitting on a car. You're not exactly going to let someone get away with spitting on your car are you?

Personally i am not rich on the island. We have to realise as a whole that an average pistol today is about £80,000 and that is the exact quote i was given by a member of the island for purchase. If i was to do one run with the capacity of 500 slot trunk of processed meth and i still would only take around 57k which has taken me nearly 3 hours to complete, so i would now have to do two runs,  and we still have not considered getting robbed or stopped by the police on the way, which is highly likely. It is not fair that someone has to now grind for a day, thats if they have the time to play, to defend themselves quite comfortably.

So prior to the update I had seen countless conversations saying meelee weapons were too op, etc like a homing missile from 100 yards away etc and no real suggestions on the forums to reduce range, do weapon damage modifiers etc... So as as a trial/test I just removed the locking on, seeing how this would affect the meta, seeing if it would work etc. This allows people to experience both sides of the stick, being a heat seeking missile with a crowbar, and the other side with it comepletely off.

I'm looking for feedback on EVERYTHING we as a development team implement if we hear nothing, we assume we are good to proceed.

You suggest readding it as it was. After reading and watching some Conor Mcgregor impersonators. I'm suggesting we readd it with a limited range (1 meter or even less) and possibly look at the weapon damage for certain weapons, to remove them from being 1 hit/stab.

But again, seen no suggestions on these topics so from where I sit the community doesn't want either of these or no one has thought of it before? Feedback please I'm not a mind reader nor am I in game 24/7 to watch what ever person does and how they use stuff. These channels (Forums suggestions & bugs) are here so I can read major concerns and suggestions...

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe removing the lock on for melee battles was a bad choice. It has massively removed the ability for the lower economy individuals to defend themselves and even roleplay on the server completely.

I have witnessed multiple melee fights where they have been trying to hit each other and I felt like I was watching Stevie Wonder fight Ray Charles. It was honestly embarrassing watching two individuals spamming their mouse buttons and chinning absolutely nothing at all and getting the lucky hit in every now and then.
Spamming their mousebuttons was what they would do before to hit people. Now its smarter to not spam, but take time and get precise hits (which although its hard and takes alot of practise, is very doable).

You're not exactly going to let someone get away with spitting on your car are you?
Why not just let him run off? Its just some spit is it not? Not everything has to be dealt with violence.

Personally i am not rich on the island. We have to realise as a whole that an average pistol today is about £80,000 and that is the exact quote i was given by a member of the island for purchase. If i was to do one run with the capacity of 500 slot trunk of processed meth and i still would only take around 57k which has taken me nearly 3 hours to complete, so i would now have to do two runs,  and we still have not considered getting robbed or stopped by the police on the way, which is highly likely. It is not fair that someone has to now grind for a day, thats if they have the time to play, to defend themselves quite comfortably.
Whilst I have a pistol on me pretty much at all times, I havnt actually used it on a person since the autolock was taken off. It seems people have calmed down, and you wont have a nutjob running at you at legion with a melee weapon or just fists trying to be a troll. If there is a troll, he'll run around you trying to get useless hits on you, all whilst you can call the actual people do deal with "it" (the police), and they'll taze the cunt for disrupting the public.

I fucking love that the auto lock is disabled. Keep it turned off.

Spamming their mousebuttons was what they would do before to hit people. Now its smarter to not spam, but take time and get precise hits (which although its hard and takes alot of practise, is very doable).
Scenarios, where fighting is a outcome, without auto lock are not fun at all. You would quite simply have to be skilled in the first place to be able to dodge incoming attacks. I beg the next time you get in a heated scenario, if they don’t have a firearm, use your fists or a flip knife and see how you get along. 

Why not just let him run off? Its just some spit is it not? Not everything has to be dealt with violence
It’s completely down to personal opinion. I like the role play as If I am that person in real life. If someone spat on my EcoBoost I’d be taking their jaw off lol. So damn right I’m going to react to that individual if he starts playing up around my vehicle. Now you can’t even hit the individual as he’s floating like a butterfly around you.

Whilst I have a pistol on me pretty much at all times, I havnt actually used it on a person since the autolock was taken off. It seems people have calmed down, and you wont have a nutjob running at you at legion with a melee weapon or just fists trying to be a troll. If there is a troll, he'll run around you trying to get useless hits on you, all whilst you can call the actual people do deal with "it" (the police), and they'll taze the cunt for disrupting the public.
I quoted above those in Lower economy. I have no self defence anymore as well as a lot of other players don’t either. People have calmed down because there’s not that enjoyment of role play anymore for them to go and mug someone or create a RP scenario. 

I’m not completely sure if all police actually have tazers, but I believe not all of them do. So, where it comes to police, if they’re not lethally or non lethally trained. they have to deal with what the lower economy people do, and they have lost their ability to arrest someone, because all they can really do is chase them and try their luck and swing at the suspect if they decide to not comply. Same goes if they have a baton, they’ll be trying their luck too.

As it comes to trolls, I completely agree, and if they’re trolling they shouldn’t be there in the first place. End of. And that’s where our job as a community is to get rid of those who aren’t here for the right reasons and of course the staff who are always watching.

In my opinion, I really like the sound of @Stealthee’s comment of adding a lesser range of attack, as it defiantly can be a bit questionable with the ranges GTA allows you to Connect. And damages can defiantly be revamped of course 

I know I’ve heard people’s opinions and this is my views on the loss of lock on. I’m completely open to criticism, and I will always put myself in others shoes. And I thank you lads for replying

cheers, Kai x

I would like to see the lock on return. I was held hostage a few days ago and tried to jump the person. I got the first hit in as I was standing face to face, yet for some reason all my other punches were massively off, even if I was trying to aim for the person who was right next to me, it looked very daft and I ended up dying because my character kept trying to punch furniture. +1

A completely different approach could be that new characters start off untrained and with no lock-on. You could then visit a gym or something and train yourself, then after being slightly trained you could lock on within 1m and it could increase up until you’re back where lock on was originally. Idk just thought that might be cool. I miss the days of San Andreas where you’d train yourself to get better at doing certain things

I was thinking of something similar to Coco. No lock on, go to the gym build do some training and you can lock in close range. I don’t think longer range should ever be bought back to reduce the chance of the speed boost to hit someone. 

My personal opinion on the matter is that auto lock has a place on the server, however, I would advise as covered above that the range is very limited and that there is no such thing as 1 hit kill. A gun should, in most scenarios, be able to overpower a melee weapon at any range over half a meter. Especially if the gun is actively being aimed at someone. 

A completely different approach could be that new characters start off untrained and with no lock-on. You could then visit a gym or something and train yourself, then after being slightly trained you could lock on within 1m and it could increase up until you’re back where lock on was originally. Idk just thought that might be cool. I miss the days of San Andreas where you’d train yourself to get better at doing certain things
Brilliant idea, what are peoples thoughts on this? Might finish my started stats stuff of this is what people want. Increase swim stuff as well at the gym etc, I had started it but never finished it

Brilliant idea, what are peoples thoughts on this? Might finish my started stats stuff of this is what people want. Increase swim stuff as well at the gym etc, I had started it but never finished it
Any progression is great- I think we will catch Kai down the gym every day.

I definitely think this is something you should have to keep up, not like the Arma proficiencies,  so if I stop exercising my abilities should start to decline again. 

Any progression systems a +1 from me love a grind (not to much however) and development but it’s just about striking the balance 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back