ALTIS LIFE
GTA RP
TEAMSPEAK

We are currently undergoing maintenance

The forums are available for use, yet please do not expect full functionality.

Maxim

Police North Checkpoint

Question

Maxim

Police North Checkpoint

Explain your map design:

So a lot of people are complaining about Police in the new zones, and this is based off a comment from Wilco regarding a police checkpoint, Poseidon literally never use North Checkpoint so why not give it to police, whether we go with Wilco's idea of also making it a zone, is up to everyone else, however I didn't prioritise gunfights when building this. It's supposed to be an old military checkpoint that's been modernised by the APO with some solar stuff and the Command building etc. All the building are enterable aside from one room in the old looking building due to a few clipping issues so it's been blocked off, there's a info sign which can be used as a garage for cars as well as space inside the command building for some fridges or some shit idk, I made this at 5am in the morning so it could probably be improved. Criticism very welcome, but only about the design, please don't moan about how police have too much stuff or something, thanks.

20200627054952_1.jpg.a87d4b533c616a33dd971dfc5481231d.jpg

20200627055151_1.jpg.68ef79ab647af3978f7bbd77e5ed38ae.jpg

20200627061723_1.jpg.e15621071683ac1018bdb98d3aace39c.jpg

If successfully approved I confirm I will email the .sqm to email@roleplay.co.uk:

Yes

I confirm there are no floating objects & damage and simulation have been disabled:

Yes

I confirm my map design was created in Eden Editor:

Yes

• Like 13

29 answers to this question

Finbar

Looks good, I like the overall layout and design +1 from me.

• Love 1

Rekkemmo

Genuine question. What would police use it for? If only searches people will never go through; it doesn't get used as is which is why it's dead, why should people go here? Don't get me wrong I love the design but people need a reason to go. 

• Like 1

Finbar
35 minutes ago, Rekkemmo said:

Genuine question. What would police use it for? If only searches people will never go through it doesn't get used as is which is why its dead, why should peoe go here. Don't get me wrong I love the design but people need a reason to go. 

I believe the idea is that it’d be a redzone that if rebels/pos controlled would prevent police receiving money from the other zones

• Like 1

Maxim

As Finbar said It was based off Wilco's vague idea on a post somewhere, even if it isn't used for that it looks nicer than the current North checkpoint, and would at the very least give police something  to do.

• Like 1

Simon Ross

The one thing I will say is it is in a very weird location for a Redzone. It is in the middle of the flight path from Airport to Advanced, as well as I think a lot more hobos will accidentally come here (e.g. going to salt and trying to buy a pass) and then get shot. Its a nice compound, but maybe relocating it somewhat might be a smart idea if it is to become a redzone

• Like 1

Warwick

I do like the design however I’m not sure what use the police would have for a checkpoint that far up north, maybe re-make the one that used to be at the top of the airport road to Athira/Telos? Police would probably be able to man that way better and it’d have a lot more traffic coming through. 

• Like 2

AlexBear

+1

If it was turned into a redzone instead of it being the same as the other zones, it could act as a multiplier.

So if you own north checkpoint it gives you a 1.25x payout for any other zones you own, if Police cap it then it reduces any rebel / Poseidon owned zone to 0.75x payout.

Just an idea

• Like 1

Storm
14 hours ago, Warwick said:

I do like the design however I’m not sure what use the police would have for a checkpoint that far up north, maybe re-make the one that used to be at the top of the airport road to Athira/Telos? Police would probably be able to man that way better and it’d have a lot more traffic coming through. 

Yeah i just wanted to type this cause nobody comes to north checkpoint so yeah why not do it on the main road which is just boring to drive on a checkpoint or multiple would make it harder and less boring to drive on but overall big +1 on the design

Maxim

Will move to the mentioned area and post a couple of screenshots tonight.

The Bearish Crusader

I like the idea, but i just do not see why the altis police force would have a hunter parked in the back there, also we dont really need a HM building, you could try and integrate the checkpoint into the bend so it forces people to slow down from all sides so that there are less RTC's, if you place it at the bend there would also be construction that could be used since i see most of the checkpoint there and i think its "wasted space" (And yes, im talking about a 3-way checkpoint and not a 2-way like it normally is)

Also remember to make sure that there is a parking area at the checkpoint, because you cannot do searches to people on the road

Maxim

The hunter is just there to simulate a hunter being there, that area is a garage, its just past/before the bend anyway so people won't be speeding like sonic through there, I'll look into parking spaces.

Finbar

Tbh feels a bit militaristic to be on airport bend, don’t see the point of it being there either. 

• Sad 1

Sirdaanslot
35 minutes ago, Finbar said:

Tbh feels a bit militaristic to be on airport bend, don’t see the point of it being there either. 

The militeristic part i can understand. Imo just remove the barracks and you should be good also gives parking spaces. And there is a lot of traffic over by airport so there defently a point of it being there

Finbar
1 minute ago, Sirdaanslot said:

The militeristic part i can understand. Imo just remove the barracks and you should be good also gives parking spaces. And there is a lot of traffic over by airport so there defently a point of it being there

Why?  It would just serve as an inconvenience to people driving down the road.  Even if people were manning it, what would its purpose serve?  Making every car stop for a pointless checkpoint seems like an irritation more than anything else.

• Facepalm 1

Sirdaanslot
1 hour ago, Finbar said:

Why?  It would just serve as an inconvenience to people driving down the road.  Even if people were manning it, what would its purpose serve?  Making every car stop for a pointless checkpoint seems like an irritation more than anything else.

Same could be said about poseidon checkpoint and before you say for buying passes you can also buy them at pyrgros offices

• Facepalm 1

The Bearish Crusader
1 hour ago, Finbar said:

Last i checked there was a big drug and illegal firearm problem on altis

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

Finbar
1 hour ago, Sirdaanslot said:

Same could be said about poseidon checkpoint and before you say for buying passes you can also buy them at pyrgros offices

That checkpoint resides at the border, it acts effectively as a milestone between queensland and Poseidon lands, that is it's main purpose.  There is no border on airport road, it is just another stretch of road inside of Queensland.

• Facepalm 1

The Bearish Crusader
5 minutes ago, Finbar said:

That checkpoint resides at the border, it acts effectively as a milestone between queensland and Poseidon lands, that is it's main purpose.  There is no border on airport road, it is just another stretch of road inside of Queensland.

Police is still in need of a checkpoint to help gather illegal items and weapons because it is a big problem, and the best place to do that is a busy road

Btw, i have another idea, try and see if you can make anything by NPAS bridge work, would be interesting because people wouldnt really be able to just drive around it

• Facepalm 1

Maxim

It's supposed to be an old military checkpoint converted by the Police, hence the barracks, parking spaces to be added today

Jamessss
On 27/06/2020 at 10:31, Warwick said:

Are you referring to the one I frequently smashes into trying to take that corner too fast or speeding down the airport road and hitting the brakes too late? 

Edited by Jamessss
  • Haha 1

The Bearish Crusader
16 minutes ago, Finbar said:

Its not a border, its just a bordercontrolcheckpoint like poseidon checkpoints, its a police checkpoint to do a spotcheck on veichleses and to help check licenses, illegal items, PNC entries. Something that poseidon wouldnt know because they dont have that many illegal items, because they allow much more and dont see a need to search people often (i think)

2 minutes ago, Jamessss said:

Are you referring to the one I frequently smashes into trying to take that corner too fast or speeding down the airport road and hitting the brakes too late? 

Yes, it is to help you slow down as well so that you wont smash into it so that you actually have a map marker to help you remember when to break

@Maxim if you want to keep the military look, i propose that you should make a border control checkpoint like poseidon has at the cross section right after Telos (where the main road splits from 1 to 2), then it would also serve its purpose to search people going from poseidon lands to queensland for any illegal items to make sure they are not bringing them into the queensland

Maxim

4 minutes ago, The Bearish Crusader said:

@Maxim if you want to keep the military look, i propose that you should make a border control checkpoint like poseidon has at the cross section right after Telos (where the main road splits from 1 to 2), then it would also serve its purpose to search people going from poseidon lands to queensland for any illegal items to make sure they are not bringing them into the queensland

no