What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Fishing

William Antrim

I tried fishing yesterday, you could say i just dipped my toe in the water and honestly it was actually a LOT of fun. However I have never seen anyone do it. I think the reason for that is possibly motivation due to the pay out of the activity. 

In lots of games I have played fishing has been a very attractive activity for some reason - mainly due to the ease of it and also the money. I wonder if some of the lessons I have learned elsewhere could be of use here. 

Firstly - forgive me if this is already a mechanic I have not yet discovered - the boat license, if a person purchased a boat license could they enjoy a discount on the boat rental? Or maybe get a free boat? (£4k to rent a boat is tough solo as youve got to sit there for at least 20 minutes to break even)

Secondly - Is it possible to have a visible (on screen) indicator of how much bait I have left or how many bites the bait has on it before its used up as it felt like when I baited my hook I had multiple "bites" from the fish but no way to tell when I had it baited or not. My bait set me back £100 a time and thus this also ate into my profits. 

Thirdly - Is it possible to increase the reaction time window for the fish on the line? The notification pops up in the same place as all of the others and sometimes I was just a fraction too slow to get the right number. This is part of the fun i get it but i was more often too slow than successful, hence the suggestion. 

Fourth - Is it possible to have different types of rods which are more expensive to buy but much less flimsy. The current rods would snap about 50% of the time when i cast out with turtle bait. This meant I paid out £50 for a rod, £100 for the bait and came away with nothing on top of the £4k outlay for my boat. I wised up and took 5 rods with me but when all 5 broke in about 15 minutes I gave up and went home.  

Lastly - is it possible to have different types of (legal) fish to catch, perhaps some weigh much less and sell for less whereas others may be rarer and thus command a better price. (a little like the iron/gold/diamond scenario in the mine).  

Last+1 - as i just thought of it - could we have some rods be manufactured by players out of plastic and metal perhaps and maybe even get sold elsewhere? Player shops/YouTool/some other place I havent thought of? If they cost 10x the price perhaps they could only snap 1/10th of the time? They would still be a consumable but it would/could stimulate the plastic economy some more too? 

thank you for reading. 

Due to low amount of votes is moted to rejected. But thank you for the suggestion

Back