What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Player Owned Vehicle Shops and Vehicle Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dexter

Washed
To begin with these are mainly ideas and feedback is appreciated in order for this to suit and make everyone happy. I personally want the majority of things to be Player Controlled in order to promote RP and relationship building. Although vehicles are not something everyone cares about they will still play a huge part on the server as a money drain, RP stories, and enjoyment.
I have personally been messing around with some of these ideas myself so will provide some examples via images and videos.

First off I will start with player owned vehicle shops. Currently the vehicles shops all sell the same vehicles and nothing else. I had the idea to split the shops up to stick to specific fields with each field being in competition with one/two other shop. This will ensure that it is a viable money making method and also allow for dealerships to work against eachother in building up reputation and a customer list.
I have tried my best to try and balance them, to make it fair but some dealerships will be worth more than others.  Feedback is again appreciated.

PDM:
Bring the competition in for the Vanilla cars
PDM becomes a Player owned shop, 
Sell GTA Vanilla vehicles only
In competition with Mosleys
Vehicle Servicing, Tire Repairs. (See later for more info).
Can sell Used Vehicles

Mosleys:
Least Affected dealership, not much changes apart from some more RP potential on Vehicle Servicing. 
Sell GTA Vanilla vehicles and some Imports (Excluding tuner cars)
In Competition with PDM
Vehicle Servicing.
Can sell Used Vehicles

AutoCare:
The go to for Tuner Cars and high end modifacations. Loses the ability to sell some Imports but gains the ability to work on vehicles, doing Performance and Cosmetic Mods.
Sell Tuner Cars, Some Highly Modifiable Sports Cars and Bikes (Vanilla and Imports) 
Can sell Used Vehicles
Cosmetic Vehicle Modifications.
Only place to sell high end body kits like Rocket Bunny, Liberty Walk etc
Performance mods.
Ability to ‘Wrap’ Vehicles (Matte Paint, Metals, Liveries. ETC, No Paint Booth)
Illegals: Nitrous, Performance Limiter Removal (See later or more info)

Benefactor Dealership
Small Dealership that focuses on selling vehicles. Competes with AutoCare and Mosleys to sell Sports Cars and Tuner Cars.
Competition with Autocare (Vehicle Sales Side)
Sells Tuner Cars, Some Import Sports
Sell Used Cars

Beekers:
Possibly Also give the Beekers garage in Sandy Shores, or move to an LSC in the city to improve business, it is very far away and I myself have not been up there due to how far it is. If I was gonna get Mods installed I would rather save the time and spend the extra at an LSC or go to AutoCare. For them to be good Competition it needs to be convenient or be much cheaper. Being an LSC in the city keeps it close and IMO gives more opportunity for RP.
Small Competition for Autocare (Mods Side)
Would be able to do Performance mods,
Do Vehicle Resprays (Classic, Metallic, ETC, Have a paint booth)
Vehicle Bodywork (More Info Later)
Smaller Cosmetic Mods (Not High end Body kits)
Sell Used Cars

Import Limitations
Currently an unlimited amount of each car can be sold. (Limitations have been done to some of the top end in RP)  This means that some higher end vehicles will not be rare and the Player to Player market will never be a big aspect.
I would like to see a “Vehicle Stock System”. This would mean that once Stock has run out you will have to try to buy off another player. Some vehicles will have higher stock than others.
Import Super Cars Limited to 3-5
Import Sports Cars Limited to 10 - 15
Other Imports Limited to 50 or anywhere in between.
This will mean that Import vehicles are rare, and worth the extra money you are paying to have a more exclusive vehicle. 
This will also improve the Used Car market and Player to Player vehicle market.

Vehicle Finance
I have seen this suggested already and wanted to mention it again. It not only creates new opportunities for people to purchase vehicles, it also provides more RP for the Dealerships selling the vehicle, Tow Truck workers for Vehicle Repos and a money drain by having Interest on Payments. 

Performance Mods
The biggest change I’d like to see is vehicle mods becoming a little more rare. 
Turbo’s removed from LSC / Benny’s and only purchasable through a player shop.
Top Tier Mod Levels removed from LSC / Bennys (Engine / Trans Level 4, Brakes 3 ETC)
LSC / Bennys will be 25-50% more expensive than Player Shops, You pay more for the Instant installation and the fact that no RP is required. 
Player Shop Installation
Engine, Brakes, Transmission mods can be installed if the player has a ‘Wrench’ and ‘Tuning Laptop’
Turbo can be installed with a ‘Wrench’, ‘Tuning Laptop’ and a ‘Turbo’
Removing a Turbo will give you a ‘Turbo’, which could be installed on another car.
Performance Mods can only be installed by Autocare / Beekers Employees. 
Example: https://streamable.com/bijn59 

Cosmetic Mods
Player Shop Specific
Coloured Vehicle Lights: Tuner Shops will be able to do Coloured Headlights
Example: https://streamable.com/2inkn5 
Body Kits: If Vehicles that have Body Kits like Rocket Bunny, Liberty Walk Maybe M4? etc Ever get added I personally feel they should only be Purchasable through a Tuner Shop (Autocare). The main reason for this is to limit them, 2-3 Kits of each to be sold to keep them Rare and to make those vehicles unique. It also makes sense to have it difficult to get hold of. You are lucky to see 1 at a Car show IRL let alone 3

Spoilers / Bumpers / Hoods ETC
I was trying to come up with ways to not make it too complicated and overkill while being balanced. I came up with the idea of needing a “Front Bumper” or “Spoiler” whatever you are installing to be able to do the installation. Maybe a pack of bolts?. I was unsure of the ‘Preview’ option, The idea was to have it like you would slot the panel in place to look at it before ‘installing’ it with bolts. 
Installation Example: https://streamable.com/o5vn7m 

Vehicle Paint
Again would be cheaper than Bennys, I also split them up to give the different shops some uniqueness and to have some supporting RP behind it. 
Autocare
Does not have a paint booth, Therefore can only do Paint Type that within RP could be considered as a ‘Wrap’, Matte, Metals, Chrome, Window Tint.
Beekers
Does have a Paint Booth, Can therefore do Classic and Metallic Paint types

Installation of Paints is a bit more difficult in RP. I was thinking about possibly going down the route of having to move around the vehicle, Animation for a few seconds on hood, then left side, trunk, right side. Starts to get complicated. Could do something similar to Cosmetic mods to keep it simple.

Other Mods
Nitrous: Only installed into vehicles trusted by the Seller due to Police, Illegal. Gives Vehicle a quick burst of 1.25 / 1.5x Engine Power. Timed properly or risk Engine blowing from smacking off the Red Line done of MaxFlatVel of Vehicle Handling
Performance Limiter Remover: (Illegals) The Idea behind this is that within Roleplay for a Vehicle to be Road Legal the vehicle has to have a Performance Limiter. Examples:
(Top speeds would be with full upgrades)
P1 (Top Super Car): Max Speed 180-200Mph
AMG GTS (Top Sports Car) 160-180Mph
Limiter Removal would add 10-20Mph little acceleration
These should not be something Publicly available or handed out to everyone. They should be rare, not used on a daily driver cost 25-50k. Installed on vehicles owned by people you trust as if police find out your gear can be seized by police. Risky for Seller and Buyer.
Vehicles with the Illegals can be seized by the Police (Impounded for a week, mods removed). Idea is for them to be more for Illegal Racing, to gain a little advantage.
Vehicle Tracker: Installed at any Player owned shop? Seller Will need a ‘Tuning Laptop’ and ‘Vehicle Tracker’ to install.
Example: https://gyazo.com/8bc0ef6603238c3c37a2af29a6d863d6
Fake Plates: Simple, Replaces Vehicle plate with a Fake plate, Can be used tactically to replicate another car or to stop your plate getting read. Easier to avoid pickup from ANPR, Cops ETC.. ANPR / Garage may need Adjusting. If caught, Vehicle Impounded for a Week large fine etc. Will stay on until removed by the player which will set back to Original Plate.
These should again be rare, Which is the reason why high punishment if caught.  
Example: https://streamable.com/xa2gen 

Vehicle Repair Changes:
Realistic Vehicle Damage helped a lot, However, I feel it could still be made a little harsher to slow people down, add risks to driving fast and add some more to the Player shops. (Might be slightly different now not been on in a little while)
Engine
Playershops as stated above will be able to perform an Engine Service which will set the vehicle back to full health. Engine Service Kit will be needed. 
Players will no longer be able to perform a full repair but could perform a bodge job. Or with some mechanical experience (Link into Mechanic Progression) perform a roadside repair which will give 50-75%? Health depending on experience
Examples:
Heavily Damaged and Undrivable Options: 

1.  Call a tow truck and get it taken to a Player Owned Shop to get a Full engine Repair. 
  2.  Using Mechanic Progression

• No Experience: Attempt a ‘Bodge’ Job to create a temporary fix to drive it somewhere. (Similar as current /repair command but done from hood.Chance to put into limp mode)
    • Little Experience: Get the engine running again, in an unstable state. (Be able to get it running again but its unstable in limp mode)
    • Fair Experience: Get the engine stable enough to get it to a Garage (Puts the engine in a stable state. But with reduced Power Engine Healther 360 / 1000) 
  3.  Attempt to start the vehicle with a chance to get it running again in a ‘limp’ mode or make the damage worse.
Wheels

Players will have the ability to buy “Puncture Repair Kit” These can be used to inflate a puncture. Basically Tire Sealant. You do a wheel at a time, Possibly make it so you have a 50 / 50 chance of losing the Puncture Kit
https://gyazo.com/3c3b2d46f0f651fc2d09dfd3c342d0d0 
https://gyazo.com/2e82604c050c2701cdb77dea2f393530 
If the Tire is lost the vehicle will need to be taken to a Shop to get a new tire fitted.
‘Wrench’ and ‘tire’ will be needed to replace the tire.

Body Shop
This is a very advanced system and I am in between it being too much and not enough. Currently it is a very basic look into the engine bay and poof your door re appeared. I had an idea of individual body panels being installed 1 by 1. There wasn’t an easy way to do it and no way to individually apply a door so had to hop through some loops but looks cool and would add some cool RP to the Vehicle Repairs via Player owned shops. There will be a few options as follows: (Player RP will be priority for this to work well)
Touch Up Paint: For Small Damage and Scratches, similar animation to Wash Cloth, would remove scratches.
Replace Panels: For More major Damage, can remove a single panel, Example Door, then install a new one. (Works so you can remove all then install each door individually.
Optimum way to do it would be to remove panels that need replacing, ‘Touch Up Paint’ to remove all scratches then add new doors. Due to the way I had to put the vehicle doors back on.
Example: https://streamable.com/4rp3ee 

Unsure whether or not to have it so you need to have a “Vehicle Door” item to install one and maybe get an “Old Vehicle Door” item when you remove the door. Then adds the future possibility of stealing vehicle panels to sell them. But that's something for later on down the line and will need some thinking about to not make it abusable.

Other Small QOL Changes
Vehicle Windows, 
Ability to Up Down the Windows as Seen: (Could also been done via a command)
https://gyazo.com/6039536f1bbae38f13d94204675c4c9d 
Or
https://gyazo.com/a41a0f118cfdfe4112f05afca25e2ff1

Hood Changes
Hood is popped from inside of the Vehicle, then opened fully from outside as seen:
https://gyazo.com/65fe2abdd80b1757d1a19d230887e67e 

Could also make the Trunk Openable from the Rear if the vehicle is unlocked, similar to Hood but not required to be on latch.

Bike Helmet like Seatbelts
Bikes don’t have belts? Swap for ‘Helmet’ Turn on to wear helmet or have it off Seen:
https://gyazo.com/54c5a6fe75abd84e30516593cd4251c9 

Dealership Related and Year Vehicle License Plate
Plate References Dealership Vehicle was brought from
AC = AutoCare ML = Mosley's PM = Premium Deluxe Motorsport 
Year like the UK March - August 2020 = 20. September 2020 to February 2021 = 70
Example AC20 FDG.
https://gyazo.com/b69c403c05f45b88147aec878b23c1a8 

Google Doc Version: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YtdDMBTKNQ_0PzyNMeLALYAN1oYe87ekEo32QNsOVbM/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited by a moderator:
As for import limitations, there should be some form of limitation, but I wouldn't suggest making it a hard limit, possibly a soft cap which resets every now and then (which could be tied to server activity?).

Super cars should have a limit. As long as it isn't a hard limit, mostly since the few very rich will probably hoard the vehicles and by the time others make enough cash, it would be too late. People like hoarding stuff and keeping cars as trophies. The player to player vehicle selling system needs to ensure an availability of cars that can be purchased through dealers, and have the incentive of selling used cars obv be the cheaper price. 

Sport cars? I don't know. The majority of vehicles people enjoy driving in GTA are Sport cars. Limitations will cause some form of disagreement. 

But yes, we should definitely move away from seeing so many Super cars on the streets. 

Last edited by a moderator:
We have added some suggestions from this however we will look into adding more in the future, thank you 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back