What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Forum group tags

YoCo

Master Criminal
Forum group tags

Brief Summary:

People to be affiliated with gangs on the forums

Detailed Suggestion:

I think that it should be an option to have a gang tag on the forums, Similar to police/poseidon, but without the access they bring. would allow for people to @ a whole gang if they want to communicate it to all, would also allow for group members to contact all gang members on forums.

E.g "I think @ground branch have had some great roleplay today"

think their should be an opt out feature or "mute" so that you dont get spammed if you dont want it.

I think this should be added the same way channel admins would be added on TS, would take a quick second to ask an admin to add someone to a gang forum tag, accepted by gang leaders only ofcourse!

The Pros:

would allow for people to recognise gangs as a whole for good/negative RP
gives better forum interaction.
allows for better communications within gangs on forums
Would allow for individual gang recognitions on forums

The Cons:

could lead to spamming on forums with group tags (but as suggested an opt out feature would avoid this)
could lead to hostile @'s

but obviously on the forums its easy to spot any abuse so these could be rectified.

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

not a server suggestion, more a forum QOL for rebels :)

+1 Rate this idea, think it'd be pretty helpful across the forums to be fair.

I think a discord tag too would be nice too
Discord tag would have to be exclusive well set up gangs due to the fact it’s just a pain in the arse keeping on top of them. Maybe if you earn the right to get a uniform you can have a tag, too

Discord tag would have to be exclusive well set up gangs due to the fact it’s just a pain in the arse keeping on top of them. Maybe if you earn the right to get a uniform you can have a tag, too
I was assuming the forum tags would be for the established groups too

Obviously its just a suggestion which i think would be great, would love to hear dev opinion on how hard it would be to implement.

to see if benefits outweigh time/effort

Wrong section, forum suggestions would come under other (Moved)
https://www.roleplay.co.uk/forum/568-other/

We did previously have a group system (forum specific), however I believe that was removed due to low usage.

Also, I'm 99% sure custom tagging like that is not feasible on the forum platform

Last edited by a moderator:
Back