What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Add back Crosshair, Remove Shooting from Vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delta

Not American
So a bit of a controversial one, but I personally base this on the abuse of certain mechanics on the server as of current which I have noticed over the last few weeks to a month specifially, so just bear with me as I explain

1. Crosshairs.

I have noticed that even with crosshairs being removed as in ingame feature, people haven't become more inaccurate as a result, in fact alot people are hitting reasonable distance shots on moving targets consistently. It is no secret that the presence of external programs to place a crosshair on the screen is prevelent throughout the server, and it is so easy to do with such a lack of detectability it makes more sense for people who have grinded getting guns to get a crosshair then to not get one and be at a disadvantage against those who do.

Its so easy to do, resulting in the few people who dont have one being at a distinct disadvantage. I suggest to level the playing field by adding it back, but to stop it being abused like it was in the beginning when it was removed initially, I suggest the following:

2. Remove Shooting from inside vehicles.

Another core game mechanic being abused, people are able to do a multitude of things that seriously detract from the overall roleplay experience. Situations such as people shooting through the solid backs of vehicles towards you behind the car with no opportunity to realistically shoot back, and people pulling guns from their crotches at a traffic light to try rob you or people just generally being able to whip a gun out causing any mundane traffic situation into a potential murder/robbery. Mix the shooting from vehicles with the large presence of crosshairs and we currently have a mix of two very powerful things that ruin the fun of voilent altercations as people can cheese their way through it. After asking multiple people on their opinions, they all agree that fights outside of cars are far more fun and realistic. It gives more change to roleplay and less chance to be very quick on a trigger pull and being able to just speed off with zero consequences. This would also allow for more car chases to be resolved with cunning and speed rather than just popping shots out a window resulting in normal police to back off, allowing for more traffic interations.

So these are my suggestions, while both need to be done imo, I can concede that the shooting from inside vehicles is far more detrimental to roleplay scenarios than the crosshairs, and can understand if its not wanted to bring crosshairs back as it affects normal on foot scenarios as well, but please consider that people can still use their third party crosshairs for those as well. 

It is my goal with this to bring more violent interactions to a on-foot face to face scenario, as it slows things down and allows for more roleplay to commence rather than being a glorified transformers battles between two cars with guns.

Last edited by a moderator:
The First point im with you in that a few people are very clearly either using software or built in monitor cross hairs to get the ultimate uber aim but i think that having the in-game one back in would encourage more of it and would be detrimental to the server  and turn it into gta online more then it already is,

perhaps a rule to have no out of game cross hair and when we see tommy roadman hitting headshots at an unnatural rate from the end of the street on a moving target it can be reportable

The second one i cant agree with you more, other then my bad driving its mainly from people that have positioned their near bulletproof cars in a way  to shoot me where i have little to no chance of retaliating to or even hitting them even if i had a minigun that kills me the most, and the fact that you can near instantaneously pull the gun in car and the reloads are a lot faster you can do some serious damage before the person on the other end even realizes you have pulled a gun and it just encourages lazy or bare minimum rp for other people, ive also never seen some people out of cars who are involved in shootouts the majority of the time  as being in a car is such a massive advantage

I can agree that the crosshair situation can be dealt with otherwise. Its not the biggest issue imo, but it can be unfair for people who play legitimately.

My biggest issue is the following:

I can get shot from vehicles from these angles
cc917344c8c4feca522dd3becdbe5490.jpg

But I can only shoot back from these angles
92e8749db8707f6c649c6a90f6e39506.jpg

The solid back of the benson and the trophy truck can be shot through by the driver, but renders the driver completely safe as someone behind him cannot shoot back as there are solid panels/engine blocks that block incoming shots. This is an inherently broken aspect of vehicle shooting that needs to be dealt with. I would be happy to live with it if it was rare incidences where people abuse this, but that has become fairly common and meta and sets a dangerous precedent on how gunfights playout. I would have put this in a bug report but this is not able to be dealt with as a bug and be easily fixed, and as such needs to be dealt as a suggestion.

There are a few of the default gta sports cars that are or can be made all but or completely  bulletproof from the back, i wont provide them publicly for obvious reasons but i can try to make a list for people that need to know, also most the trucks styled like the benson are absolute tanks aswell and of course with no back window cant be shot from behind but without driving them im not sure on the shooting from inside is like

1. Crosshairs - Will be added as a toggleable option

2. Shooting from cars - another suggestion was accepted to only allow 1st person shooting from vehicles.

Moving to accepted for the 1st point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back