What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Green zone questions

Ember_Arma3

I have been informed that if you are zip-tied inside of a car, sometimes it will give you the option to use your mobile however you should refrain from using it as in roleplay you should have your hands tied together so you wouldn't actually be able to use it.

my first question is that when police pull you out of your car if it is locked, wouldn't they in roleplay terms have broken into your car to open the door to drag you out? and if so, wouldn't police pulling people out of their cars in green zones violate rule (6.1.4 - You must not lockpick or steal a vehicle from the green zone) 

my second question is about rule (6.1.3 - You must not knock out and rob other players in a green zone), does the police tasing someone (which knocks out the player) break this rule if it is in a green zone?

my third question refers to the sentence describing green zones as "“Safe” areas where players are able to convene without hostile interruption. They are not safe havens from the law however, Police can attempt to arrest you.", isn't being arrested against your will a hostile interuption?

This isn't because I want anything in return, I just want to know for future reference

Last edited by a moderator:
You've answered your own questions with the last sentence.

Police are allowed to carry out their duties in the Green Zone, whether that means tazing you or knocking you out. Arresting somebody is not a hostile act, If I as an officer came up to you and said put your hands up or I'm gonna blow your head off, that is hostile, and you could PCC me for that, but tazing/knocking someone out in an attempt to arrest you for whatever reason is simply how a cop gets an uncooperative suspect in cuffs. Ordinarily if an officer wants to search you or something then all you have to do is put your hands up, obviously they will then take your gun off you or whatever else you have that is illegal, but that's all decided by the rebel/Poseidon member being searched.

Police are allowed to lockpick in the GZ as long as it is within roleplay, for example if we have seen you put a weapon in a car at the airport then we can then lockpick the car within the confines of the law and remove said weapon.

where in the rules does it permit you to lockpick other cars?

and i would also like to mention that tasing someone is a hostile act as it involves inflicting pain on someone without their permission.

why are the police allowed to arrest you in a greenzone when the person who is being arrested cant do anything to try and get away or resist arrest, because if he did so he would be breaking the rules, surely this would be unfair because the police could just arrest anyone with a gun or something illegal in a greenzone and not have any sort of resistance against them. 
wouldnt this just be unfair and basically ruin the whole point of a safe area

Tazing someone is hostile and makes the person being tazed powerless and knocked out which isnt allowed in a greenzone.

pulling someone out of a vehicle is hostile, becuase its against their will,
in my opinion yes u would have to lockpick or break your way into a vehicle to get someone out of it, which isnt allowed in a greenzone

Putting you in jail for selling 5 million worth of drugs is against your will too, use some common sense, the rule says you are not safe from the police, and that's exactly how it is, if we want to arrest you then we will. Don't hang around with a fat gun in front of cops if you don't want to get arrested.

Maxim,

You said that "Police are allowed to lockpick in the GZ" whereas in the rules it states that [(6.1.4) You must not lockpick or steal a vehicle from the green zone.]

This rule goes against your sentence therefore it is a lie and you are in turn a liar.

So tell me, where in the rules does it say you can lockpick in a green zone?

Please do not call me a liar, you don't know me and It's frankly rude, I've answered your question, if you want the rule to be changed then go to the rules feedback thread and ask for it to be changed. You're not gonna get very far in this community by going round calling people who are trying to inform you, liars.

Maxim,

You said that "Police are allowed to lockpick in the GZ" whereas in the rules it states that [(6.1.4) You must not lockpick or steal a vehicle from the green zone.]

This rule goes against your sentence therefore it is a lie and you are in turn a liar.

So tell me, where in the rules does it say you can lockpick in a green zone?
Yes it says ur not allowed but for the police an exception has been made like irl ur not allowed to break windows of a car but police is with probable cause so use common sense and if we drag u outside of a car in rp we have broken the windows or something to drag u out.

Yes tasers knock u out but again police are allowed as its to arrest a criminal.

May i also ask why u asked something and we answered it but u go against it and say rules this rules that while we explained it it just sounds to me you had a bad experience with cops inside a greenzone but im not here to judge.

But these are all my opinions and some things i have said might be wrong and might be right its just what i know and heard from other people. 

And also in future reference dont call people liars who are informing u if its right or wrong its just rude and u wouldn't like to be called a liar when u are informing/explaining something to someone who has a question.

As i said this is my knowledge/opinion 

As Maxim said, the last bit covers it. You are not safe from the police in a greenzone, as such police can carry out their duties inside of them.
This does mean they can Taze you in one, and it does mean they can pull you out of vehicles in one. They can also ineed lockpick vehicles in a greenzone (under certain conditions).

@MarioRoskito In regards to your comment, it's very simple, don't have a gun out in the middle of a city and you won't get caught. And no, doing something against someones will is not inherently hostile.

@Ember_Arma3 in the future please do not call people liars, you can ask or argue, but do so nicely in a grown up manner.

ok thanks but ive been stopped and searched for no reason what so ever in a greenzone before, i had my gun in my backpack and i wasnt doing anything illegal

nomad, i do understand what you are saying, however, in the rules, it says that the police are allowed to try and arrest you, but it doesn't say that they are allowed to taze me, shoot me, break into my car etc.

where does it say in the rules that "under certain conditions" they can?

ok thanks but ive been stopped and searched for no reason what so ever in a greenzone before, i had my gun in my backpack and i wasnt doing anything illegal
There is normally a reason. Just because you can't think of why doesn't mean there isn't one. If you do however believe it was genuinely without a reason then I suggest you open up a PCC if it happens again.

nomad, i do understand what you are saying, however, in the rules, it says that the police are allowed to try and arrest you, but it doesn't say that they are allowed to taze me, shoot me, break into my car etc.

where does it say in the rules that "under certain conditions" they can?
They aren't allowed to shoot you, no one is allowed to shoot in the greenzone. As for the rest it is all covered by "It is not a safe heaven from the law".

And it does not specifically say in the rules that they can lockpick in greenzones, however since the update where police have to bring vehicles to a police station to scrap they are allowed to lockpick vehicles for this purpose, as was discussed by staff during one of our meetings.

maxim, you have not answered my question as you have only said things that can be shown to be incorrect as they do not line up with the rules. I do not wish for the rules to be changed, the only change that i want is for the police to follow the pre-existing ones. also i seem to be getting further than you based on all of the thumbs up i have recieved and all of the face palms you have received 🙂 

maxim, you have not answered my question as you have only said things that can be shown to be incorrect as they do not line up with the rules. I do not wish for the rules to be changed, the only change that i want is for the police to follow the pre-existing ones. also i seem to be getting further than you based on all of the thumbs up i have recieved and all of the face palms you have received 🙂 
Please read my latest reply, everything Maxim said is correct. I suggest listenting to those who have been here longer than you.

And believe me, how many likes or face palms one has does not always reflect on how correct one is...

nomad, if the police can break into your cars then why is there the GZ rule (6.1.4) You must not lockpick or steal a vehicle from the green zone.
if the police could then it would say (6.1.4) You must not lockpick or steal a vehicle from the green zone, unless you are a member of the police force.

ps. i didn't say i was right because of how many thumbs up i got to face palms poor maxim got but that it seemed i was getting further in this community than him
pss. time does not equal knowledge

nomad, if the police can break into your cars then why is there the GZ rule (6.1.4) You must not lockpick or steal a vehicle from the green zone.
if the police could then it would say (6.1.4) You must not lockpick or steal a vehicle from the green zone, unless you are a member of the police force.
No, I am telling you that there is an exception. This exception has been made due to how other functionality utilised by the police works.

The rules are a base line, a last defence. This does not mean there cannot be exceptions or that staff cant make informed decisions about how to enforce a rule.

nomad, if the rules don't contain all of the rules, then how am i meant to know what i can and cannot do?

nomad, if the rules don't contain all of the rules, then how am i meant to know what i can and cannot do?
Follow the rules and you will always be safe.

Police can lockpick in greenzones since it ties in with the fact that they are not meant to shield you from the law. If they could not lockick vehicles they intend to bring back to a station and scrap then it would be completely safe to park an illegal vehicle in there, see the dilemma? That's the reasons these kinds "exceptions" exist.

Please do not misunderstand what I said, the rules we have written down do outline what you can and cannot do. It is simply the case that sometimes we as staff have to see beyond just a written rules and look at a whole situation and the reasoning behing every action, as well as the consequences of each possible action. This is one of those cases, if we enforced the "no lockipicking in greenzone" rule for police trying to scrap vehicles then we would indirectly make the greenzone a safe place for illegal vehicles, something we do not want, hence the exception.

Follow the rules and you will always be safe
I have followed the rules and i have not been safe

Police can lockpick in greenzones since it ties in with the fact that they are not meant to shield you from the law. If they could not lockick vehicles they intend to bring back to a station and scrap then it would be completely safe to park an illegal vehicle in there, see the dilemma? That's the reasons these kinds "exceptions" exist
if police can lockpick in greenzones then why does it not say in the rules. to answer your "dialemma", the rule should read: (6.1.4) You must not lockpick or steal a vehicle from the green zone, unless you are a police member and the vehicle is illegal. 

Back