What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Bank Robberies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fluqi

Welsh | 2020 Pub Quiz Winner
Staff Team
Los Santos Police
Los Santos Police Trainer
As it stands, any tom dick and harry can rob a bank with little to no preparation, you can get bank access card but you don't need one. 

This should change because it provides nothing but a source for those who aren't interested in roleplay. Just a simple rush in, get money and leave. There needs to be a process you've gotta go through to be able to rob a bank that isn't, show up unarmed, press e to hack a terminal, do a very simple hack, and leave before anyones a wiser. 

There also has to be a cooldown between each bank robbery as currently it's one bank to another with no breathing room. 

For the select few times that there are players there that are interested in roleplay, it's very hard to do when there's a very loud alarm going off that never stops.  

TL:DR -
- Changing the bank to where it's not a simple press E to do a hack with no thought into it would increase the quality of roleplay and prevent trolls from just pissing off cops by sending them an alert. 
- Allowing the alarm to be turned off, or even put on a timed trigger (where it turns off in X seconds) would prevent the people around from becoming deaf and actually allow for roleplay to take place without us having to shout over and barely hear each other. 

Thanks for reading my rant. 

🙂

Last edited by a moderator:
"This has to change." 

"The alarm has to go aswell."

I suggest editing your post to have it a bit less demanding before I reject the whole suggestion.

I think this would be better if... 

This would improve xyz because...

"This has to change." 

"The alarm has to go aswell."

I suggest editing your post to have it a bit less demanding before I reject the whole suggestion.

I think this would be better if... 

This would improve xyz because...
Intention wasn't for it to come across as "demanding". Just me being blunt and straight to the point. I'm sorry this was perceived this way. Post has been edited. 

I agree with Fluqi when it comes to how easy it is to rob the banks on the server and also how annoying the alarm is what I was thinking is.

What about the smaller banks the (Fleeca chain of banks) don't have a lot of money but they are controlled by the main pacific bank meaning that to gain anything more than 100k you would have to rob the main bank but that would require A LOT more planning and preparation and there could be multiple methods such as loud or quiet.

Loud being go in guns blazing blast open the vault and take the money and probably a hostage standoff or you could have a very intricate plan that goes into action even before the police have a chance to act

Quiet  could be an RP bank robbery like the ones on Altis where a group comes up with a very good RP story and they give X% of the money or quiet could be hacking the bank's alarms making them not go off and hacking the safe open (that's probably a bit too far fetched but 🤷‍♂️)

The loud plan ofc would be a more time consuming and would also require a lot more resources and also have to be planned out to a high degree and the same would go for the quiet option as you would need to have a believable RP backstory/business that is of an extremely high quality 

Pleto bay could fall under this idea too or it could be a medium risk bank with only a quarter of the overall profit that the pacific bank would offer.

Sorry @Fluqi  for kinda going off-topic with you suggestion prob should have put this in its own suggestion but if I should give us a reply 

@SI Corrie Healy No reason to apologise. We're all trying to make this place better and more enjoyable. Only time and suggestions will make this happen. 

I think the cameras inside the bank should be useful to the police or at least make it a sensor, so if you catch yourself being inside the bank for too long it will send a signal to all units, but if you shoot the cameras inside fast enough the alert system will be delayed. 

I completely agree with a breathing room after robbing a bank but disabling other ones would not be the best since other gangs/groups had a different idea, maybe you could add a timer for those who were in the proximity of the robbery taking place so those people that got involved need to wait a little before pulling one off again, while different set of people could still enjoy the concept. Over all I really like the latest change to them. 

Another thing is, Im pretty sure local Banks don't have gold only cash maybe keep the same amount of value it gives you but not in gold. Maybe move the gold/diamonds to the upcoming big bank located in the north side of the city were the payout would be much bigger.

On another server I played on they had a 60 minute cool down on each bank. They also had a load of rules implemented as per the other thread on bank robberies and this was way more fun. Bank robberies need some love I think everyone agrees on that. But striking a balance is difficult. IF theyre too easy they become stale, if theyre too hard they become stale and uninteresting. Its a fine balance but its good that more people are taking an interest and commenting. 

If a cooldown is going to go ahead and be placed on banks is it possible to add some store/gas station robberies in (with much smaller takes obviously) to balance out the cooldowns. 

Further to this is it possible to add some "rare" items to the drop pool from said banks. For example security cards/passwords/some other thing which would allow a particular group to then go on to rob Pac Std. In effect this would allow those crews to progress up a ladder of criminality with the end prize being the opportunity to hit Pac Std for a massive payday. 

I fear that if it was implemented with the current mechanics in place nobody would bother to hit the smaller banks due to the profit margins. At least this sort of mechanic would either lead to a change of scenery (and scenario) for both sides at the various banks around the city. Or alternately it may lead to a small industry of people acquiring and selling specific items to enable the Pac Std heist. It would ALSO give the NCA the opportunity to catch said offenders PRIOR to them being able to complete the final part of their plan and thus reset their progress back to zero. 

On the whole, hopefully, it would give both sides a lot more opportunity to RP. 

On a closing note - is it possible to have the "alarm" be a silent alarm instead with a visual indicator that its gone off? Flashing red light or even just a warning notice on the screen? Does it have to be an auditory bombardment? I like the idea of it being loud and brash like that for the first 30 seconds (to warn passers by) as this makes me think of Payday 2 but if possible could it be disabled after say 30 seconds? This would give the police ample time to get to the bank still (per their mobile phone alerts) but it would also give any patrolling coppers in the area an auditory alarm to be able to radio it in to their mates and possibly even give the cops a reason to patrol again? 

Will look into adding some items needed to rob the locations 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back