What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Question about RP

Glennyo

Hey there!

I recently got back into Altis Life and don't know a lot of rules yet. Just today on the first day I was going diamond mining with a friend. I had the needed licenses.

These guys from some cartel came up and robbed us. I think it was called the RECON cartel. But here's what happened:

They RP'd that we "Did not have a RECON license", which basically meant the were extorting us which is fine. We gave them our stuff and everything and were very compliant. Then the two masked men RP'd that BECAUSE we were diamond mining without this fake RECON license they had the right to execute us, which they eventually did.

Am I wrong in thinking that that's not really allowed? I didn't get any proof because I don't really want videosoftware running constantly... But if I know it's not allowed then I can load up recording software before they start shooting me.

I hope I explained it well, again I am new to this. And I hope you guys have the answer!

Kind regards,

Glennyo

EDIT: Here's a list of the online players at the time.

https://gyazo.com/bb34fda29da27bf38e17a416ca49d0f4

Last edited by a moderator:
i think it's Relic you're talking about, but as far as i'm aware, you can do it, it's a bit shit to execute people IMO that comply i suppose(even saw them happen but was a bit to late) but sometimes you get unlucky

Hi, I would say that those guys were from the Poseidon Cartel asking for the Border Pass but it seems like none of them were on. There is no Recon license. They were basically rebels making up a story about you not having a license with intent to rob you. 

They technically could kill as long as there has been high quality roleplay provided. I would personally not kill someone that fully complied with my demands, but technically if they were roleplaying that they are extorting people and you don't have their made up license and they want you dead they could've done it. It really depends, obviously I don't know the full situation but I would recommend using recording software such as Shadowplay.

If I was to ask you to put your hands up and give me your diamonds and shot you after you've complied that would be RDM/Poor Quality roleplay BUT if I asked you, you complied and then I told you that I'm sorry but I can't leave any witnessess and then shot you that's not a rule break. 

Important rules related to your question.

(7.1.3) Killing someone must be carried out with high quality roleplay, “put your hands up or I will shoot” etc is considered low quality RP and may lead to a ban for RDM/Fail RP. Executing another player must also be carried out with high quality roleplay, the only exception to this rule is if both you and the victim are engaged in a gunfight together.
(7.1.1) Taking hostages must be roleplayed to a very high quality.

First of all I would like to say that it is the Relic you are on about. We saw you doing diamonds and as the restart was approaching we decided to roleplay with you by making a story about a "Relic" pass. We had decided to steal the diamonds and leave you as you had cooperated. However seeing that the tone of the conversation turned more aggressive we decided to kill you. We tried our best to give you the best RP possible however when you started to metagame and the presence of the cops we had to hurry up while still maintaining RP. If you remember we offered you compensation to your family as we saw you guys were hobos. In the end you got robbed that is what happens on this server. Your best way to protect yourself is to buy a pistol to at least scare off the attackers or to injure them.

And people wonder why there are no new players they're getting robbed all the time and in this case executed this is how the server is dying cause we dont get new players. Sad to see really. But as im aware its allowed but its really scummy to do so yeah just look out mate for people who are robbing hobo's cause they have nothing better to rob.

Hi everyone!

Thanks for your replies. It indeed was relic who robbed us. I just felt like it was a real gray zone, but I understand it a bit more now.

@LiderrGaming I have no ill will against you. I would just like to say I did not metagame. I haven't played Arma much but I have RP'd a decent amount. You're saying here that you were gonna let us live but that's simply not true. You were saying in-game that you were going to execute us, at which point I decided to give you (as you call it) 'lip'. 😜 Of course if I'm about to die I would say anything to keep me alive.. Wouldn't you? And lastly my friend said nothing, yet you executed him. So how does your argument here hold up...

Anyways question answered. Liderr if you wanna reply to me just send me a PM!

Back