What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

police and drugs

Saidz2K

Is the police allowed to sit around and wait for someone to leave the coca plant field and then stop them, check them and their vehicle and then seize everything and impound it.

Is the police allowed to sit around and wait for someone to leave the coca plant field and then stop them, check them and their vehicle and then seize everything and impound it.
what game you talking about, cause its different there. 

I have placed below a list of server rules affecting police on our fiveM server. 

(G8.1) All police must have a microphone and be on Teamspeak. If your microphone is not working or you're not on teamspeak then do not connect to the server.

(G8.2) Police may not sell their equipment, or willingly give their equipment away. If there is a strong roleplay cause, exchanges can be made. 

(G8.3) You must not abuse your role as a cop to help out your friends. (For example: Removing charges of your gang members without sufficient roleplay reason)

(G8.4) Do not rent vehicles or purchase equipment as a police officer then switch to a civilian to use them. 

(G8.5) Police are not allowed to execute players. This was abolished in UK law in 1965

(G8.6) If the police station is attacked, the 15 minute NLR will not apply to the Police, attacking the police station is a foolish move and at your own risk.

However, the police command has set specific police rules. These rules are set by police command on how they wish all of their officers to carry out their duty. These rules are treated as in character and as such that means to begin proceedings against a player you think is breaking this rule then, presuming you have evidence you would have to go to City Hall and write out a police complaint. Once the complaint has been recieved police command will deal with it. Remember, your complaint must be within roleplay.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just really pissed off because my £100,000 pickup truck is literally gone out of existence somehow, don't understand how to cop managed to do that. He sat at the coca plant field and waited for people so that he could follow and stop them. He used his police car to drive on the wrong side of the highway and speed for no reason as i was driving within the speed limit on the correct side of the road. Then he did an illegal search (which i was informed by later by another more experienced player) so in conclusion he made my £100,000 truck disappear with 250 coca plants in it and then broke some rules and wasted a couple hours of my morning. Now if that doesn't break any rules and i don't get my things back with compensation then I'm honestly lost for words.

I'm just really pissed off because my £100,000 pickup truck is literally gone out of existence somehow, don't understand how to cop managed to do that. He sat at the coca plant field and waited for people so that he could follow and stop them. He used his police car to drive on the wrong side of the highway and speed for no reason as i was driving within the speed limit on the correct side of the road. Then he did an illegal search (which i was informed by later by another more experienced player) so in conclusion he made my £100,000 truck disappear with 250 coca plants in it and then broke some rules and wasted a couple hours of my morning. Now if that doesn't break any rules and i don't get my things back with compensation then I'm honestly lost for words.
What you've detailed there does not sound like an illegal search, he had reasonable grounds to search you and your vehicle from what you've said. If the search was illegal and you have clear evidence of it, you could of course file an IOPC report. In regards to your vehicle, make sure to check both impounds.

i checked both impounds, the insurance thing and all parking garages i even reconnected a couple times to see if it was just glitched.

I also have a couple questions;

Are you allowed to camp at the coca field for around 5-10 mins?

Are you allowed to check the persons vehicle before checking the person ?

Are you allowed to check the vehicle if nothing found on you is illegal?

Is the police allowed to drive on the wrong side of the road and speed to catch someone going at 65mph on the highway (without their lights or siren on may i add)?

Are they allowed to drive your car after the stop and leave their car behind on the side of the highway?

Police are allowed to camp areas for a specified duration, however I cannot quote it off the top of my head.

When it comes to searching for drugs, this is detailed by Section 23 of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1971/38/section/23

Police are at times allowed to contravene road traffic laws in the execution of their duty, however they must be able to justify why and if it was the most suitable course of action

Police should not be leaving their vehicles unattended, again if you feel a breach of police conduct has taken place, filing an IOPC Report is the best course of action

Honestly, all those things sound like someone being a bad police officer and would probably be something police command would be Intrested in. As far as I know, there is no scrap feature currently so it may have been impounded. I think there's a police impound lot and you may have to go there and pay some moola to get it out.  Essentially though, the police command has set this rule:

Camping Illegal Areas - If you are heading to an illegal area with the intention to camp then you are permitted to stay for no longer than 15 minutes, you are not to return for 30 minutes after your 15 minutes expires. Dealing with a situation while at these locations does not count as camping.

Anyhoo, I will not be commenting further as realistically I firmly believe it is something that police command would deal with. 

As for your truck, no Idea what could have happened but if you want put in a comp request. I warn you now though, no guarantees. 

For my truck i'll maybe wait till the server restart to see if it shows up before posting a the comp request. And as for the officer i posted iopc complaint so hopefully that will get sorted. Anyways thanks for the help

Back