What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

FiveM Faction Forum Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lube

Brief Summary:

Added forum tags for the forums

Detailed Suggestion:

GTA RP is now well established within the community yet there are no forums tags assigned to this. It would raise awareness of the GTA RP as well as showing visitors of the forums a side of both worlds.

The Pros:

- Something to earn

- Raises awareness of both servers

The Cons:

- Unlike Arma, tags change depending on what RP character you play on so might not be specific to one forum account.

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

Nope.

Is this something which is possible to do through the way in which people are whitelisted in FiveM. That would be my only question about it?

Is this something which is possible to do through the way in which people are whitelisted in FiveM. That would be my only question about it?
Doesn't have to be automated, could "simply" request forum tags the same way faction command requests dicsord tags.

dont know if its really needed, most of GTA is done in rp anyway. 

dont know if its really needed, most of GTA is done in rp anyway. 
This would be my point: Altis need the tags a lot more and most important GTA information goes in the faction announcements channels anyway

The only people that need the forum tags are command / recruitment people

Doesn't have to be automated, could "simply" request forum tags the same way faction command requests dicsord tags.
I think if he did happen it would need to be automated, since only Management can assign forum tags - whereas on discord I believe  Faction leaders, Dev Leads & Staff Leads can assign tags through a bot 

Just an update on this, why can't this be done through some sort of automated database that training members from factions update as one extra step when joining. Small whitelisted factions such as Group6 can have their faction leader update a database. Larger factions such as police and NHS  can leave this to their specific training departments such as NATT or Frontline Sergeants.

The reason I say this is because of the new whitelisted factions and the possible new additions that may come. How amazing would it be to see people with tags such as Group6, Weazal News and NCA on the forums. It would be something different that no other RP forums have and would give people a reason to stick around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just an update on this, why can't this be done through some sort of automated database that training members from factions update as one extra step when joining. Small whitelisted factions such as Group6 can have their faction leader update a database. Larger factions such as police and NHS  can leave this to their specific training departments such as NATT or Frontline Sergeants.

The reason I say this is because of the new whitelisted factions and the possible new additions that may come. How amazing would it be to see people with tags such as Group6, Weazal News and NCA on the forums. It would be something different that no other RP forums have and would give people a reason to stick around.
At the point where the system becomes automated it may as well just check if your steam ID is whitelisted as Police/NHS/Lost (same as Altis)

I don't think we should go back to pushing forum whitelisting through an API using Google Sheets since that was just messy, it's a lot cleaner with the steam integration

At the point where the system becomes automated it may as well just check if your steam ID is whitelisted as Police/NHS/Lost (same as Altis)

I don't think we should go back to pushing forum whitelisting through an API using Google Sheets since that was just messy, it's a lot cleaner with the steam integration
Ok that makes sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back