What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Unban Appeal - ash47 - 08/18/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash47

In-game Name
Ash Hudini

Steam ID

The date of your ban.
08/18/20

Member of the team that banned you.
Daanv

Reason given for your ban.
G.1.2 & Community rules 1.2

Which server are you banned from?
GTA RP

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.
I believe I was banned due two main reasons, those being

(G1.2) Random Death Match (RDM)
(1.2) Discrimination

I'll address down below why I accept I made mistakes but disagree with a permanent ban being handed out so swiftly, and why I believe several factors in the report had been overlooked as Daanv wished to "make this one fast."

ss+(2020-08-18+at+09.40.55).png

Why should we unban you ?
I'll be addressing several of Daanv's comments in the report verdict post one at a time, I ask that you take the time to read what i'm saying and try to see it from our point of view. Thanks.

"You are going to quote our rules then atleast try your hardest to actually name it all as in the community rules it states the next."

I'd like to start with saying that I believe the community rules are definitely not clearly marked on the Website, when you click the "Rules" tab you get two options, "GTA RP" & "Altis RP". Myself and my group read them thoroughly when joining and have previous experience on RP servers in GTA & DayZ so we wrongly assumed we knew the drill.

ss+(2020-08-18+at+10.45.42).png

We accept that we didn't have knowledge about the "Community rules" and thus I broke Rule 1.2 by using that word, however hopefully you can understand why and potentially amend it on the website so future players don't make the same mistake, regardless of the outcome of my appeal. The only place I can even see it on the website is when I scroll right to the bottom, under the "Information" section. We strongly believe this isn't sufficient, especially when breaking one of those rules can lead to an instant permaban upon first offence.

ss+(2020-08-18+at+09.47.23).png<----

You can see i'm being honest by what I typed in the report,

"As for using the word "retard", whats the issue? I don't see any mention of it or any other words (other than racism, obviously) not being allowed on https://www.roleplay.co.uk/gtarprules/?""

I genuinely believed the "GTA RP" rules to be the "Community rules"

I understand that a warning to read the community rules is clearly displayed on the server load in screen, however i'm sure you can understand this is easily misunderstood as the "GTA RP" rules that are clearly marked under the "Rules" tab at the top of the website, unlike the "Community rules". I'd further like to add that the absolutely liberal use on the server of the word I used in this situation and other words of a similar vain didn't help. I won't be naming names as I'm not one to make reports generally but I think it definitely needs to be cracked down on if it's an instant permaban offence.

Regardless of all of this, I ultimately accept that I used the word as an insult IN CHARACTER and that I will not be using it again. I truly believe I deserve some leniency on this, i'd like to mention that the RP servers i've played on over the years have all had a very mature stance on things like this, giving players the freedom to say what they want in character with a clear seperation from what they'd say in the real world. I understand this server isn't that and I have no issue with that, I just wasn't aware.

I'd also like to mention in the report I made it very clear in the report that I had no ill-intention and was not deliberately trying to break the rules by using the word, i even happily said and i quote "We feel words like this fit our hardened chechen mobster character background and add to the RP, if we're told to stop by an admin we will, however we've heard much worse words said during our time here and no one has batted an eye.".

Please don't take this as me trying to say I've done nothing wrong, I accept I made a mistake but hopefully my explanation gives you an insight into how it occurred, and why it will not occur in the future.

Moving on to me breaking RP by saying "See you on the forums"

I feel like I addressed why I said this and why my other group members broke RP in the report but i'll quote it again and go into it abit more to try and explain why we made this mistake, I wrote this in the report.

"You then decided to lock your vehicle while downed, going against rule G4.4. It is completely against RP to be able to lock a car while on the ground with multiple gunshot wounds, you did this completely out of spite and unfortunately it is WAY too common for police to do this, it has happened maybe 7-8 times to us in the last few days."

"As we mentioned it happens far too often, we stupidly broke RP at that point and asked you why the hell you did that because we're sick of that BS happening, and we own up to that mistake completely. Looking back we should have just stayed in character, recorded it and reported it, and in the future we will do just that."

Over the day and 1-2 days preceding this incident we had quite alot of encounters with the police, the ones that ended in hostility 9 times out of 10 a police officer would lock their vehicles either while we were inside of it ontop of their body or before we had a chance to steal it. The main reason why I didn't report it is mainly due to my slow internet speed making it extremely time consuming to upload footage, not to mention the effort involved to trim down footage and write a full report. It's also hard to remember to grab ID's in the heat of the moment.

Essentially we were just absolutely pissed off with it at that point, it doesn't excuse why we did it but can you put yourself in our shoes and imagine how it felt? Claiming a police car after a fight only to have them break RP by locking it, over and over, day after day. The police force is absolutely rife with it at the moment, it's almost common place. Since this incident we have not broken RP once, and even massively altered how we interact with the police ingame.

The fact that a senior police officer and community leader was the perpetrator of this, doing it while laughing and making sarcastic comments really goes to show how common place it is. I truly believe his punishment was extremely light considering not only his status and experience on the server, but also the fact he broke TWO major rules and got off with only a warning? He knew what he was doing and I imagine he's now laughing at how easy he got off. Regardless that's not the topic at hand, it's just disappointing to see.

Moving onto the "RDM" offence.

This came down to our interpretation of the RDM rule, i'll explain our mindset going into this situation and why we believed we were allowed to shoot. I'd like to first mention that this event was just shy of two weeks ago, we've not done anything like this since the event as shown by this being our only active report.

So, when we made it clear we we're initiating a hostile action by telling Greenhalgh to "not move the car", "hands up", "stop moving", "stop the car" several times, he decided to ignore and attempt a no value for life escape attempt (as agreed by Daanv). At this point myself and Teodor started shooting to disable his vehicle as I mentioned in the report, we did not hit Greenhalgh, we did not intent to hit Greenhalgh. We fully intended to disable his vehicle to get him to surrender. This was until he smashed into Bazza and crushed him against the wall, you hear me in the video at this point saying "He just fucking hit baz, kill him", proving our intention NOT to kill him previous to this.

I only decided to shoot him when he had harmed one of our gang, I saw this as fully reasonable and even now I don't fully understand why that wouldn't be allowed. I do however understand now that shooting to disable his vehicle is considered "RDM" as it is considered "Attacking another player", even though we we're attacking his vehicle, not him. I'd like to ask for clarification on some certain aspects of this if I am to be un banned but for now i'll leave it at that. I'd also like to take full responsibility for Greenhalgh dying, I was the one who clearly said to "kill him", not the others.

Final words,

I'd like to ask you to take a look at my forum posts over the short time I've been here, maybe you've seen some of them, maybe you haven't, either way I'd like to think they clearly show that I'm seriously into creating a realistic backstory behind the Hudini brothers and that we are trying to add to the community in a multitude of ways.

After the Los Santos cribs video I had two different people/groups approach me asking if I could edit an RP video for them, we we're planning a large event where we we're running trucks with munitions in to the Los Santos docks to be shipped off to Chechnya, I was just about to put my NHS application in etc. Now all of that is in ruins due to these mistakes on my part that I feel are reasonably explained from my perspective.

We've made great friends in our time here and it's just a shame to feel like we've wasted the last month here after being permabanned for a first time offence. Either way, I apologize for my mistakes, if my appeal is denied then i'd like to thank the community for the good times.

Ash.

Please confirm this unban request is for you.
Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

I confirm this is not a temporary ban as those are not appealable

Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read our rules
Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
Adressing the whole use of words and so forth, GTA RP is a whole new scene with posibilites in terms of RP and in this case with insults as it could and would have direct consequences to what happens with your character when insulting someone that is bigger and bader. Context and story.

Moving on..

[SIZE=medium](G2.3) Roleplay Everything - You must remain in character at all times, unless a uniformed Admin authorises you to speak out of character.[/SIZE]
Do not, under ANY circumstance break RP. The only time this is allowed is when dragged aside by a member of staff in a very bright tron suit.
The whole key's aspect by locking and unlocking. Thats being adressed Soon™. We hope this will fix that issue.

RDM;

(G1.2) Random Death Match (RDM) - Attacking another player without engaging in any form of quality roleplay is considered RDM. (eg. Giving enough time for them to comply with your order. “Put your hands up or I will shoot” and countdowns are not considered quality roleplay, please at least attempt to create an interesting roleplay story before considering violence.) - Permanent ban.
Attacking another player without engaging in any form of quality roleplay is considered RDM. Would this not fall under disabling someones vehicle as well?
Again, its the interesting stories, intrigues and history that affects how we enjoy the RP and want to stay. But literally being shot up for no reason is in a sense just pointless, aka not really quality. 

Make the RP interesting, stay within character and just have fun.. That is literally it.

Unbanned.

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back